Form 183

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrfail

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
In my application, it said I have to get the signature of my medical school official and send the Form 183 by mail to ECFMG.
This official... Nobody in my school has a clue about who he/she is. What do I do? Do I find a guy that can introduce himself to ECFMG or is the person already designated? If so, how can I get his name?
I have 2 months to send the form. This is getting stressful.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah that form is obnoxious. The issue is the ECFMG has a signature on file that needs to match the signature of somebody at your school. If the signatures do not match, they will reject the application. The whole purpose is prevent any fraud and make sure you are legitimate student.

So..you need to call the ECFMG and ask specifically what person they want and who's signature. It's usually the Dean of your school. Then write that name down and show it your academic office, ask where that person is. If they don't know who the person is, call the ECFMG back and explain the situation. See if they will accept the signature of your Dean or somebody else instead. If possible, talk to anybody ahead of you and see how they were able to get it done.

Also dude, change your screen name, there is no need to be derogatory about yourself; be optimistic and work hard, good things will happen.

Thank you. I did not know I could call ECFMG to get the name. I will call them and start from there.

The screen name is there as a joke. I failed and got kicked out of the school once. Got back, got together my act and now I am doing great.