Former USC Pharmacy Dean on Mylan Board [Epipen]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't think the CEO is the only one who deserves the attention of the Epipen price hike.

Former USC Pharmacy Dean (Randall L. Vanderveen, PhD, R.Ph.) is on the Mylan Board and the Board gave her the go ahead. That is right...a pharmacist.

Op-Ed: The real EpiPen scandal we should be talking about: http://www.cnbc.com/id/103893464

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Look at this. He cashed out in 2015 and sold over $7.5M Mylan stock:
ImageUploadedBySDN1472424224.510665.jpg

http://www.insider-monitor.com/trader/cik1197539.html

Shareholder/directors have a right to profit from their actions in their respective positions so long as those sales are disclosed and are not the result of insider information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shareholder/directors have a right to profit from their actions in their respective positions so long as those sales are disclosed and are not the result of insider information.

exactly - that is how the execs make most of their money - now - that is a completely separate conversation from if they did things unethical to make their share price go up

Or is BMB's point that they knew raising the price of epi-pens would cause a scandle and a stock price drop, so they dumped their stock ahead of the scandle based on that inside knowledge? Where is Carol, she could probably come up with a better conspiracy theory than me.

Or is BMB's point that they knew raising the price of epi-pens would cause a scandle and a stock price drop, so they dumped their stock ahead of the scandle based on that inside knowledge? Where is Carol, she could probably come up with a better conspiracy theory than me.
but they have been slowly raising the prices, it wasn't like it was an overnight thing - or else that would make sense

Yeah unless reporters were starting to poke around in 2015 and the board members decided to cut and run, so to speak.

I remember crapping out at the price over a year and a half ago. Surprised it took this long.