Foundational Concept Khan Academy Videos and Questions: Worth Reviewing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chromium Surfer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard that Khan Academy is a very good resource for the B/BC and the P/S sections of the MCAT.

However besides the individual sections there are also sections attributed for each foundational concept.

For those who have taken the MCAT, are these worth doing as well?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Also does anyone know if it is possible to review all your KA questions after completing a section of these questions?

I have heard that Khan Academy is a very good resource for the B/BC and the P/S sections of the MCAT.

However besides the individual sections there are also sections attributed for each foundational concept.

For those who have taken the MCAT, are these worth doing as well?

Thanks!

Are you talking about the questions before the video? If you are, those are just free standing questions. Typically 10 questions. Yea might as well do them, they are real quick (just 10 questions sometimes a little more). They basically reinforce the main points of the videos.

And from what I know there isn't a way to review the questions after you do them. You have to end up doing them over again one by one.

Do you know anything about the Physics/Chem problems? I hear they are good then I hear they are a waste of time lol.

Are you talking about the questions before the video? If you are, those are just free standing questions. Typically 10 questions. Yea might as well do them, they are real quick (just 10 questions sometimes a little more). They basically reinforce the main points of the videos.

And from what I know there isn't a way to review the questions after you do them. You have to end up doing them over again one by one.

Do you know anything about the Physics/Chem problems? I hear they are good then I hear they are a waste of time lol.
Hey, thanks for the feedback!
I have heard that the questions go into too much depth. But I heard that the Bio and Psych videos are absolutely worth it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the MCAT on 6/18 and got a 519. In my last week I did ALL of the bio and psych practice passages and found them extremely helpful (B/B 132 P/S 129). If I could, I'd go back and watch more of the psych videos, but I mostly watched the videos on areas in which I was lacking. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I took the MCAT on 6/18 and got a 519. In my last week I did ALL of the bio and psych practice passages and found them extremely helpful (B/B 132 P/S 129). If I could, I'd go back and watch more of the psych videos, but I mostly watched the videos on areas in which I was lacking. Good luck!
Congrats on the great score!! :)

Yeah I'm definitely going to do all of the B/B and P/S passage questions!

I was just wondering if the videos and questions dedicated to the specific foundational concepts, were also worth doing.

Out or the five questions per passage, on average how many would you get right?

Out or the five questions per passage, on average how many would you get right?
I'd say 3-4. It's obvious that some of the passages and questions are more representative of MCAT material, so I usually did better on those. Most of the questions I missed were extremely content-specific questions that couldn't be inferred from the passage, so I didn't worry about it.