Fpgee 2012-13

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evilserpant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone.
I'm a foreign pharmacy graduate of april2012. I'm planning on taking my FPGEE by the fall of this year or spring of 2013. Need all the help I can get. It will be good if we can study as a group, that really gives u a pattern for studying.

anyone interested, do reply.

thanks.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi every body.

I am a foreign pharmacy graduate and looking for groups to study .I didn't decided yet when to take because I didn't get enough materials. Could you please give me some information? Thank you!

Last edited:
well so far the first thing i want to say to u is start taking it seriously, u need to be confident and set for the exam.
than I would recommend that u get comprehensive pharm review and 1000 Q & A by Shroff.

Thank you so much for responding me !

I already have Comprehensive Pharmacy Review seventh editionand its Q&A .Do you think these are enough materials? Have you decided totake the exam? When?

Members don't see this ad :)
well so far the first thing i want to say to u is start taking it seriously, u need to be confident and set for the exam.
than I would recommend that u get comprehensive pharm review and 1000 Q & A by Shroff.

I graduated from the UK with my MPharm (the accepted UK pharmacy degree), but did not get licensed in the UK, as I would have had to stay and work a year as a pre-reg pharmacist. I went back home to Canada and applied for the FPGEE but they stated that I needed proof of full registration in another jurisdiction. I'm currently awaiting word on this, as page 18 of the FPGEC bulletin states that if you're not from that country you have to submit proof of this.

In any case, you need to summarize Chapters 1-18 of the Comprehensive Pharmacy Review, and also purchase a copy of the APhA's FPGEE guide. I have summarized both and am preparing to take the pre-FPGEE on Sept 1st to gauge my level of preparedness.

If anyone else here knows if anyone else (foreign grad) has applied to take the FPGEE but had no foreign license (just graduated) please lemme know what happened!

Thanx in advance!

I am foreign pharmacist from Ethiopia, looking for a groupto study for FPGEE. Is there anybody near to MN? Is there anyone who planned to take the exam 2013on fall?

Looking forward to hearingfrom you.

Thank you!

Just outta curiosity -- has anyone here written a letter to the FPGEE Committee, and if so how long did they take to mail a reply? I wrote a letter to them (as directed by the NABP Customer Service), back on June 22nd, and have still not heard back... Not sure if the letter was lost!

Comprehensive Pharmacy Review is the key to FPGEE...Just go through this book you will be fine.

Wow, great to see foreign pharmacy grads. But from my understanding is that chances to get an internship is almost 0 due to the surplus in the States. Is that true?

Hello every body, im foreign graduate of pharmacy and i want to take the exam for april 2013 and im living in orange county california,,, i have a problem with fpgee exam book, i have cpr and im studing now but someone said that this book is too much for fpgee? Is it true?? Im so confuse, plz tell me which book is better? And in site of fpgee introduce some books for fpgee exam , if those are good and enough or what????
If *anybody know it plz tell me,,,tnx

Hello im foreign pharmacy graduate and i want to take the exam for april 2013 too and i have a problem with fpgee exam books. i have cpr and im studing now but someone said that this book is too much for fpgee? Is it true?? Im so confuse, plz tell me which book is better? And in site of fpgee introduce some books for fpgee exam , if those are good and enough or what????

Wow, great to see foreign pharmacy grads. But from my understanding is that chances to get an internship is almost 0 due to the surplus in the States. Is that true?
I'm also interested in this question. How hard would it be to get an internship? I was planning on working in California and it seems I'll need 1500 hours of internship.

The chances are way higher than 0 as long as the foreigners already have a legal status to work in the U.S. I think it is more a matter of timing than anything else. And I personally know a couple foreign pharmacists who got great internship opportunities when the right time came up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heloo, i want to know that the books for mr manan shroff is enough forr fpgee exam?
I plan to take the exam for april 2013 plz tell me if anybody knows

Hi , i plan to take the fpgee exam in sprin 2013, i want to know the books of mr manan shroff is enough for that? I have cpr too, but its very bulky and somebody told its too much for fpgee exam, if u know plz tel me, tnx :)

Are these internships paid? (In Canada they aren't paid)
Yes, retail paid positions. One of the pharmacists recently switched from paid to an unpaid position in order to get clinical experience in a hospital. I guess there are less paid internship opportunities out there.

What's the pay like for internships? I'm thinking of getting licensed in a different state which requires less internship hours and then practicing there for one year before I try to get licensed in California. That way I can reduce the time I spend interning (and not getting the full pharmacist salary).

What's the pay like for internships? I'm thinking of getting licensed in a different state which requires less internship hours and then practicing there for one year before I try to get licensed in California. That way I can reduce the time I spend interning (and not getting the full pharmacist salary).
As far as I know, it varies a lot. And discrepancies in pay are common even within the same company in the same state/region. Go figure! Having said that, I've seen foreign grads making almost the same as a lead tech or somewhere in between to half (or close to half) of what a pharmacist makes. No more than that, for sure.

Hi evryone am a foreigner pharmacist looking forward to take fpgee.. Any ideas how much time does it take the application process to complete? Especially that am outside US??

Certification process has three steps...
Document evaluation by ECE
Fpgee
Toefl ibt ( from USA) only.

For cost check nabp website....as it keep on changing...

Oh.. Thanks really alot for your reply :) ok do you have an idea the time taken for the processing of documents by ece and fpgee. If i applied my documents on december from outside the US, will i get their approval and be able to sit the april exam?

You could all benefit from the use of the FPGEE forum on urch -- in case you don't know of it.
urch.com then go to forums, then go to fpgee.
All the best

Hi I was just wondering if anyone is looking to sell their Morris Cody supplies for a discount. I don't personally need it but am trying to help someone who does. Thanks

Hello every body, im foreign graduate of pharmacy and i want to take the exam for april 2013 and im living in orange county california,,, i have a problem with fpgee exam book, i have cpr and im studing now but someone said that this book is too much for fpgee? Is it true?? Im so confuse, plz tell me which book is better? And in site of fpgee introduce some books for fpgee exam , if those are good and enough or what????
If *anybody know it plz tell me,,,tnx

hey you can follow CPR for pharmacology and rest of the syllabus you can better follow APHA (complete review for the FPGEE). After you end up studying you can go through Mannon Shroff Qn n Ans. That should be good enough.

Hello !

If I may , regarding paid internship ... Unless you are a permanent resident ( green card ) in the US , there's no legal way to get paid .
I don't think that the pharmacy that would want to pay you as an intern can issue a work visa for that unfortunately .

Yves

Hi guys, i am planning to take Fpgee in late 2013. I am also looking for a group study. Please let me know if there is any one who is interested in. I live in minnesota, saint pual.

Comprehensive Pharmacy Review is the key to FPGEE...Just go through this book you will be fine.

hi i live in new york where you live? did you pass the exam i m worried i have CPR but iam cnfused how to study plz help me

hi, I would like to ask if anyone available for a group study around chicago. and i would also like to ask which books are reliable for the exam this april2013. tips too? i am a pharmacist from the philippines, graduated april 2012.

Hi! Has any one emailed the NABP customer service before?? I sent them an email and the auto reply sent back telling they would respond within two days! And its two weeks right now and no any response! Has anyone experienced this before??

HI Binha I just joined this forum. I am also a foreign graduated pharmacist. I graduated three years ago and am taking toefl ibt test and haven't passed it yet. I was wondering if you or anybody could help me what sources should I use to pass this test. I always get 23 or 24 in speaking and couldn't pass it. In addition, should I take the fpgee now or pass the toefl ibt test first and then start preparation for the fpgee with full concentration? I will really appreciate your help.

Hi, I am now living in Thailand and planning to take FPGEE and also TOEFL on September 2013 in Minneapolis. I do not know how international group study work, But I am interested in to have a study partner. My study material is CPR & Manan shroff :)

I will be in Minneapolis soon, and let me know if you still looking for study buddy(for MSPFM)

Hi..i will have FPGEE test on September 30 too..could u tell me plz what is more helpfull to study because i am panicking and starting to get lost ..thank u for any helpfull urgent quick reply.

Hi, am also a pharmacist from Ethiopia. Could you help how I could send my registration and how I can authenticate my passport copy from your experience? thanks

Hi, congratulations!!!.... What review materials did you used and I am planning to take the FPGEE next year....

Thank you...