FPGEE april 19 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmalb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, I got the permision to sit for the FPGEE, I have no materials to study from.
What are the best materials to study from?
what should I get? any suggestions?
anyone who took fpgee this September?
please share your experience!
please help !!!

your time is appreciated.
thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the FPGEE a year ago, it wasn't so bad. I used the pharmacy exam combo , the site is pharmacyexam.com. great book and helpful. I used also the pharmacy exam review by shargel.

feel free to ask me any question.
good luck

hi everyone, I got the permision to sit for the FPGEE, I have no materials to study from.
What are the best materials to study from?
what should I get? any suggestions?
anyone who took fpgee this September?
please share your experience!
please help !!!

your time is appreciated.
thanks in advance.

I am a foreigner pharmacist graduate, I am working on the toefl test in order to get the FPGEE certification, I need help in toefl. If someone took it and passed it, please can you share with me your experienced and also refers me to somme testbook. I have to pass this toefl so that I can move on with my FPGEE certification and take the naplex.

Please help

Notefull.com is pretty good for preparing toefl ibt, especially for speaking section, which is the part that requires the relatively high score.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey babylove2011, thank you so much for your response, I just wanted to ask you how much time did you need to go through these study materials? I mean the "combo pack" that is offered on pharmacyexam.com.
right now I'm reading from comprehensive pharmacy review by leon shargel&co.. I just wanted to know if i'm alredy behind for april 19 2012 ?

I haven't taken toefl yet so I don't really know much about it.

thank you again

Hey! Am new to dis forum,trying to get ECE certification. Do all the schools(primary to college)send documentation to ECE directly?and does anyone know if a certain book is called Dr Gupta or Dr duttas?

Hi,
I am also going to take the FPGEE on April 19,2012. I am using Morris Cody, APHA-Fpgee review book and Comprehensive Pharmacy of Shargel although the last one seems to be really complicated.

I would like to build a study group. Maybe we can make a schedule and after studying each day, we can ask questions to each other. This way, I am hoping to get motivated to stick with the schedule.

Actually, I currently live in Houston, TX. If anyone out there working on Fpgee and live in Houston area, I would be glad to meet and study together. Otherwise, the online group is good, too. Does it sound good to you?

Hi, I am going to take the FPGEE in april 2012 and I like your idea to build a study group. I am in Denver but we can do online. Which year is your Morris Cody? A friend of mine studied by MC and passes the test.

Hello everybody,
I'm looking for study partner for April 2012 exam online or anybody in and around little rock, Arkansas.

Hi,
I am also going to take the FPGEE on April 19,2012. I am using Morris Cody, APHA-Fpgee review book and Comprehensive Pharmacy of Shargel although the last one seems to be really complicated.

I would like to build a study group. Maybe we can make a schedule and after studying each day, we can ask questions to each other. This way, I am hoping to get motivated to stick with the schedule.

Actually, I currently live in Houston, TX. If anyone out there working on Fpgee and live in Houston area, I would be glad to meet and study together. Otherwise, the online group is good, too. Does it sound good to you?
hi pharmhouston,

i just joined this forum and i am also preparing for the april 2012 fpgee using cpr-shargel and manan shroff books. i am interested in forming a study group with you if u still need a study partner, preferably online. Writing from dallas

Hey

I am interested in preparing for FPGEE 2012, I have CPR and Shroff for management. Let me know if anyone is interested in group prep.

Laters

Hey

I am interested in preparing for FPGEE 2012, I have CPR and Shroff for management. Let me know if anyone is interested in group prep.

Laters

I am interested too and i have CPR an Shroff THeory book. just started reading anyway. how are we going to do it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi to everyone!

I just sign up to this forum and I am looking for a TOEFL partner. I have been studying it for a while and I would like to know if someone wants to study together. I believe that it encourages students to do better in the test. If anyone is studying for the TOEFL and wants to study together, please let me know.

Thanks!
Maria

Thats great. Lets start the discussion ASAP. I have CPR and Manon's textbooks

Wondering if I can join any ongoing review group on skype or whatever, with prospective April exam candidates. In need of confidence boost at this stage! Please send a private message.

Hi,

Hi I live in north houston, tx. I also need a study group or partner for fpgee review.
Aound 77084 area.

Hi,
notefull.com is great. U will get one on one help especially with the speaking section which is always the obstacle.

Hi im from ga atlanta and im also looking for a study partner for both fpgee and toefl ibt ..anybody living near duluth ga or online study grp plz reply to my thread

Hi can we study together online i dont have any idea of how to study i have a few ebooks though

I am a foreign pharmacist who intends to present my FPGEE and NAPLEX as well, I ma currently living in Houston and I look forward to keep in-touch with you . Thank you..
Hi,

I am nobi. I have pssed the fpgee in 2007, to get my fpgee certificate I have to pass toefl this year.

For last several moths I am taking toefl every month.

here is my toefl results

Reading Listening Speaking Writing

January 25 26 26 21

April 26 26 23 27

June 27 28 22 27

August 25 30 26 22

Can anyone help me, please

Hi evryone am a foreigner pharmacist looking forward to take fpgee.. Any ideas how much time does it take the application process to complete? Especially that am outside US??

I am nobi. I have pssed the fpgee in 2007, to get my fpgee certificate I have to pass toefl this year.

here is my toefl results

January 25 26 26 21

April 26 26 23 27

June 27 28 22 27

August 25 30 26 22

What sources have you used so far? Have you heard about Jason Renshaw? He has many tutorials on Youtube and his own website that are very helpful. He also offers an online Mentor Service. Check it out as it may help you. Good luck!

here is my toefl results

January 25 26 26 21

April 26 26 23 27

June 27 28 22 27

August 25 30 26

Nobi, please check ur inbox. I sent u a private message

Hello,

Could you pls tell me what all materials did you study apart from Pharmacyexam.com notes and CPR.
I am scheduled to take the exam this november.

Your suggestions will be very helpful.
How many hrs per day is required seriously and for how many months to clear this exam with a good score.
Also if you have any idea as to how many questions should be correct out of 250 to pass this exam.

Pls reply me at
[email protected]

Thanks
Amit

Hello,

Could you pls tell me what all materials did you study apart from Pharmacyexam.com notes and CPR.
I am scheduled to take the exam this november.

Your suggestions will be very helpful.
How many hrs per day is required seriously and for how many months to clear this exam with a good score.
Also if you have any idea as to how many questions should be correct out of 250 to pass this exam.

Pls reply me at
[email protected]

Thanks
Amit Saxena

Hello Nobi and other Toefl ibt test takers!!
I just thought I could give you some advice on Ibt. I cleared it two years ago. Needless to say it was challenging but I do believe it can be learned. You will not believe if I say I took it too many times that I even stop counting. As keeping my eyes on the attempts that I made would only make me even get frustrated. So, saying this my advice to you is to register for the test every week, if not possible do it every two weeks. Dont waste your time by taking it once a month. Simply because you will never know when to get the required score for each section. I can feel that you will be able to get all the score you need pretty soon. You already passed the speaking part for a couple of times. I was just wondering if you apply for rescoring of your writing on your last attempt. I am not sure if Ets still accept rescoring application if not just pick up yourself and register for the test again..At this time register for two or three tests at once. That is the strategy. Do not stop until you pass. Believe me it works.
You still have more than 3 months to make it happen. Just believe in yourself.Be confident and forget about the previous attempts you have made. Give your very last shot as if you never took ibt before.
Stay positive and pray...Hope this help.

Last edited:
Hello Sir,
I need some help. I will be sitting for FPGEE in April next year as I just got registered. The exam consists of 250 Question. I know its a scaled score. What is your guess, as to how many questions should one need to do correctly to get a passing 75% scaled score.

My second question is with regard to books and preparation.
I am having Combo from Pharmacy exam .com and also shargel. Is that enough to clear the exam. What do you think might be required additionaly to clear this exam with a sure success rate.

Your insight and help will be of immense value.

Thanks

Amit
[email protected]

Hello Sir,
I need some help. I will be sitting for FPGEE in April next year as I just got registered. The exam consists of 250 Question. I know its a scaled score. What is your guess, as to how many questions should one need to do correctly to get a passing 75% scaled score.

My second question is with regard to books and preparation.
I am having Combo from Pharmacy exam .com and also shargel. Is that enough to clear the exam. What do you think might be required additionaly to clear this exam with a sure success rate.

Your insight and help will be of immense value.

Thanks

Amit
[email protected]

@Amit...shargel is more than enough to clear the exam.And don't think about 75% think about 100% you will easily get 75%.

here is my toefl results

January 25 26 26 21

April 26 26 23 27

June 27 28 22 27

August 25 30 26 22

I took Toefl 4 times. I passed on the third time but I was already registered for the 4th time so I took the test after I passed but let me tell you what I came up from my expierence. For writting to get a passing score, you have to type over 300 words in question 1 and over 500 in question 2 but for speaking, you can't guess how you did or what they want. I got different scores for my speaking part even though I felt that I did good.

My passing scores were: Readin 23, Listening 24, Speaking 26, Writting 28.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Hi everyone I am new on this forum and working on the toefl ibt test. I also joined notefull.com for toefl test preparation. I have a question. I am also a foreign graduated pharmacist so need a second opinion about the fpgee. Is it better to take fpgee first and then toefl or first pass the toefl test and then start preparation for the fpgee. I will really appreciate the suggestion.