Freaking out about no open seats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drchik4life

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/account/avatar
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took my mcat yesterday and I know I can do better I am desperately wanting to sign up for another date but I have to wait one more day to even try plus I heard THERE ARE NO SEATS AT ALLL:(((( So needless to say I'm freaking out plz help

Members don't see this ad.

Aamc should be releasing seats soon, they said early nov. So perhaps turn on your aamc tweet notification so that you know exactly when they post the additional seats.

Chill. Keep checking throughout the day and you'll surely get a seat. After 4 days of refreshing, I was able to snatch a seat 2.5 hr drive from me in Jan. Plus, AAMC said they will be adding more seats soon.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Almost every 30 mins to an hour..I check on my phone if I'm not around the comp. I saw seats open in a lot of the states but I didn't want to travel so I kept checking for my state and I actually saw several open up too.

Just took my mcat yesterday and I know I can do better I am desperately wanting to sign up for another date but I have to wait one more day to even try plus I heard THERE ARE NO SEATS AT ALLL:(((( So needless to say I'm freaking out plz help

why are you so sure you will need to retake? I mean, you haven't even got your score back yet! Did something happen on test day that wasn't supposed to? (computer froze, headache, noise, etc?)

Well no I just no I can do better,
PS- I ran out of time and made simple mistakes
VR and BS went well
but Im just so concerned about my PS its going to bring my score down :((

Reactions: 1 user
Aamc should be releasing seats soon, they said early nov. So perhaps turn on your aamc tweet notification so that you know exactly when they post the additional seats.
Yeah I did that I wish they were specific about a date! oh well at least they are opening some

OMG!! just got a seat only 2.5 hours away there is a ton of opening on the 12/6 now!! Unfortunately it is before I know the score of my last exam but Im okay with this sacrifice lol

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, so I wasn't crazy when I went to see if there are any seats available when I decided to do the MCAT one more time. I thought it was weird that every seat in the world for every test date was filled, but I guess that's the case. Oh well.

I find it unbelievable that AAMC can't offer both the 2015 version and the 2014 version for a time to give thousands of people the chance to take the test they prepared for. The excuse that offering more 2014 test dates jeopardizes the 2015 test doesn't work for me.

Reactions: 3 users
I find it unbelievable that AAMC can't offer both the 2015 version and the 2014 version for a time to give thousands of people the chance to take the test they prepared for. The excuse that offering more 2014 test dates jeopardizes the 2015 test doesn't work for me.
There are quite a number of angry tweets at AAMC on twitter right now, lol.