Freaking out...test Thursday!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kxb4777

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay...I know everyone here loves these kind of threads, but I am literally freaking out for my test...I can't tell whether I'm ready or not. Really...

I've been doing well on my topscore tests (most recent: 21 bio/20 - GC/20 - OC/25 - PAT), but I just really feel uncomfortable taking the test. I think part of the reason is because when answering the questions, I know what the right answer is usually, but I can't explain why the others are wrong half the time. I've gone over achiever (last test taken 2-3 weeks back: Bio - 16/GC - 19/OC - 18/PAT - 19)

Should I push my test back another week to feel as comfortable as possible, or should I just take the test? Ideally, I'm shooting for 21+ each section.

Also, any advice on what to do the next couple days would be awesome. I can't make up my mind on what to go over...(achiever, destroyer, topscore, etc.)

Members don't see this ad.

Also should add that I have a sub 3.0 gpa, BUT I am completing a masters/post-bacc and got a 3.6 this past year. This is part of the reason why I feel like I really need to do well on the DAT.

Topscore seemed a pretty good indicator of how I ended up doing. So just eat healthy, drink water, and get lots of sleep. Do full length practice tests probably each day until the day before and just relax the day before. Don't stress.

If you've done well on two or three consecutive tests, don't take another. Maybe you'll end up doing poorly on one and you'll lose confidence.

Don't know what will happen, but if you're like me, your topscore and actual DAT scores will be almost the same.

Good luck