About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Freaking Out!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by rgk27, Jun 10, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. rgk27

rgk27

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    So I started doing well on AAMC practice tests, but have seemed to fall flat on my face the last several taking. I'm starting to freak out and get really aggravated cause I can't seem to get what I am doing wrong when I am taking these tests. I know the information but can't seem to apply it when I am taking the test and make a **** ton of stupid mistakes. What should I do? I'm beyond frustrated at this point
  2. LittleDandelion

LittleDandelion

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    You might just be burned out at this point. Take a break day, clear your head, and tackle those tests again. It happened to me when I tried to take 3 AAMC FL's three last days before my real MCAT, and made a 26 on the last one, way lower than my average.
  3. V5RED

V5RED MS-0

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I like to review a thing heavily until I reach the point where, at the mere mention of the topic, I can spit out all relevant information such as the equations and their meaning/implications, the physical reason for relationships, important reactions, etc.

It sounds like you may know the information, but you are not able to access it in a meaningful way without cues.
  4. rgk27

rgk27

Application towards certain questions is def. an issue. I just seem to blank out at certain things and when I review it I say to myself what was I thinking and make incredibly stupid mistakes that way down my score a lot. Its been this way with the past several practice FLs. I'm all over the place and I don't know how to correct it