Free books (pickup only) in Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

em06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, hoping I don't get _too_ many responses

but I am giving away a bunch of books from med school that I should have gotten rid of a long time ago, since I am finishing residency this year, and won't need them.

But there is a catch, you have to be able to pick them up tomorrow (Sunday, June 14th) preferably, either between 6am and 9am, or between 7pm and midnight... at least those people that can get first priority, and, I have to be certain you are actually in medical school and not just someone who wants to resell my books... So you have to bring a med school ID if you are picking up.
I guess that doesn't eliminate those people that are still in med school, and plan on reselling my books (but hey, you need the money, so that is ok :D )

So, here ya go. All books are in good condition, but there is some highlighting and underlining.

Pretest 10th edition: Peds, Ob, Psych, Clinical Vignettes, Surgery
Brochert, USMLE step 2 secrets
USMLE recall
Clinical Nutrition
Board Simulator CD
Pharm Review
First Aid for Peds
First Aid for USMLE Step 2CS
Cecils Essentials of Medicine
NMS review for STep 2
NMS Medicine
BRS Path
Katzung Pharm
Blueprints Family, Peds, Psych
Underground Clinical Vignettes (assorted)
Robbins 6th Ed
Human Physiology (Silverton)
Stedmans Medical Dictionary

em06
p.s. I live in Roslyn, NY, and I'll recheck this thread at 11 or so

img0298nze.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, and if you can pick up sometime later than this weekend, then I'd still respond b/c nobody might be able to pick up this weekend.

em

im not a med student =/, I hope someone dserving gets it.
Edit: lol give me the pharm review.... jk jk

Members don't see this ad :)
im not a med student =/, I hope someone dserving gets it.
Edit: lol give me the pharm review.... jk jk

you're pre-pharm? you can have it... I'll make an exception... hehe

em

hehe, this is going to be pretty embarrassing if nobody wants any of the books... lol... at least I tried.

I'd better open it up to anyone, but priority to those in med school, premed, or pre-anything-health-science-related.

em06

Oh cool, Ill get a Doctor's book, it would be a honor =].
thanks, But you should give it to a med student, I can alway buy the lippincott review for 30$, it would cause too much of a hassle.

Hopefully I find someone so awesome in a few years when I can actually take advantage of these books.:thumbup:

Hopefully I find someone so awesome in a few years when I can actually take advantage of these books.:thumbup:

um, I think you misspelled 'lazy' heheh
:D

but thanks, anyway

em

Hey I'm on long island. I don't have an ID cause I'll just be starting in six weeks. Anything you think will prove useful for a new med student?

Thanks a lot.

Oh and yeah I would be able to pick up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Well, definitely you'll be taking pharm, phys and path earlier... you can have those books if you want em.

Some of the other stuff would be better for people maybe in their 2nd year preparing for clinical rotations

em

Well anything would be great. Do you want to PM me with contact information/phone number so I can arrange to pick it up?

THanks a bunch.

Bump.

Basically, all the books are still available, and still free...

moving out June 30th, so if anyone can come to roslyn to pick up then you get what you want. Otherwise, they get donated to the local library where you can buy them for 25c each :D

em