french student and us residensy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beb64

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELLO my son is french, graduate from a american university > bachelor in biomedical science GPA overall .#3.77 and 3.85 in sciences Mcat 30
As it is very difficult for an international student to apply in a med school in Us, he is also applying in a carabeen school (st georges university seems a good school)> I think it will be difficult for him to make his rotations in US because of the Visa >It will be easier to go to UK
But his dream is United States!! I was wondering if he would be abble to do his residensy in US?or maybe Quebec because of his nationality?

Members don't see this ad.

HELLO my son is french, graduate from a american university > bachelor in biomedical science GPA overall .#3.77 and 3.85 in sciences Mcat 30
As it is very difficult for an international student to apply in a med school in Us, he is also applying in a carabeen school (st georges university seems a good school)> I think it will be difficult for him to make his rotations in US because of the Visa >It will be easier to go to UK
But his dream is United States!! I was wondering if he would be abble to do his residensy in US?or maybe Quebec because of his nationality?

Your son is going to face an uphill battle as an international student with those stats. Caribbean schools are not a good entryway to the US for international students.

I think your son is better served by going to the UK for school if his passion is indeed medicine. Establishing residency in the US is no easy feat and your sons MCAT score is far too low to be competitive as an international student.