freshman grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tryin2suxede

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am finishing my first semester as a freshman. i took 13 credits (4 classes), and got an A in three of them. However, they were non science classes. In my science class (Gen Chem 1), however, i am doing very bad, and i will be lucky if i can pull a B+ this semester. Should i withdraw and receive a W, or should i stick it out until the end? if i stick it out till the end, should i take the class again, or should i leave it alone and hope for my other classes to balance my GPA out? if i do end up getting a B, my overall GPA will be a 3.46-3.54.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a freshman, too, and sort of in the same boat you are, except that my B will be in Calculus I. I have 4 A's from concurrent classes I took in high school, plus 3 likely A's this semester, but that one B in calculus kind of has me bummed out.

No need to withdraw.

Stick with the grade you have and hopefully do well in your other courses and it's always good to have a upward trend in GPA not downward.

One B+ won't hurt you.

Kinda off to a bad start, if i were you, you need to start studying and raise your GPA.
but, you have enough time to see improvement, it's only your freshman year, and like i said UPWARD trend in GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
No need to withdraw.

Stick with the grade you have and hopefully do well in your other courses and it's always good to have a upward trend in GPA not downward.

One B+ won't hurt you.

Kinda off to a bad start, if i were you, you need to start studying and raise your GPA.
but, you have enough time to see improvement, it's only your freshman year, and like i said UPWARD trend in GPA.

ill get a B+ IF IM LUCKY! :(:(
the problem is, i spent so much more time studying for chem than any of my other classes, so that is why i am bummed out.

ill get a B+ IF IM LUCKY! :(:(
the problem is, i spent so much more time studying for chem than any of my other classes, so that is why i am bummed out.
I understand your frustration, having been in your place once. I joined the weekly tutoring sessions, went to the prof's office hours to ask questions, and did every problem at the end of the chapters. Eventually the extra work paid off. And the second semester went more smoothly once I had my strategies down.

Yes, if you ever have the chance, go to the tutoring sessions your school might offer.

It helps extremely, especially if you are struggling in a particular course.

Get tutor help in a certain course and then you will be fine.

My school offered free tutoring and i took advantage of it. I excelled in my science courses due to the effort i put forth.

Effort is the key word...You can be the smartest kid in the whole school and put no effort and end up doing horrible.

Take advantage of any opportunities to help you succeed.

I was in the same position as you about a month a go. I am also a freshmen and I was taking 18 credits. My science classes were intro Bio and intro Physics along with a research class. Even though I had AP credit for bio and phy, i decided not to take it for an easy A. I found Bio to be EXTREMELY difficult and was probably going to end up with a B-, but I decided to drop and take a WP in the class. Thankfully im 99% sure that I will get an A in phy.

In your case, figure out if you can pull of a B+. If you can, than stay in the class and perceive. If you cant, then drop. If you decided to drop, make sure you get a WP and not a WF. WP dosent cont at all in your gpa, but a WF will count as an F (it will destroy you!). If you school only gives out a W, then make sure that its not considered in your GPA before drooping. Dont drop if you get a WF or if W is counted in your GPA (most often its not).

I know how your feeling right now. Dont worry man, you'll get through it. Its just one class.

:xf::luck: Good luck :luck::xf:

No, you're fine. A B or a B+ is actually not bad! Save those Ws for future situations and remember to check when the last day to drop the class is! You don't want to drop past the drop date or you'll get a F for the course (saying this because drop period has ended at my university and we're stuck with the classes we're in)

I'm not sure what kind of math you are doing, but 9 credits of "A" and 4 credits of "B+" is 3.81 GPA

Anyways, don't withdraw and do better next semester.

I am finishing my first semester as a freshman. i took 13 credits (4 classes), and got an A in three of them. However, they were non science classes. In my science class (Gen Chem 1), however, i am doing very bad, and i will be lucky if i can pull a B+ this semester. Should i withdraw and receive a W, or should i stick it out until the end? if i stick it out till the end, should i take the class again, or should i leave it alone and hope for my other classes to balance my GPA out? if i do end up getting a B, my overall GPA will be a 3.46-3.54.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Are you ****ing kidding me?

Hello MichaelC,

This is the Not Helpful Police. You have received 1 point on your License to Post for the following infraction:

"Not Being Helpful"

Sincerely,

MuffeonIV - Senior Officer of the Not Helpful Police

LOLOLOLOLOLOL :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

your a freshman are you serious?

Umm 3 A's and B is a really good GPA probably at least a 3.7 on up at the very least seriously

I had a B in pretty much every science course I took freshman year. Ended up with a 3.1 after freshman year and still graduated Cum Laude with a 3.75. Don't drop, just focus on getting A's from here on out. Show a good upward trend and you will be fine