Friends during Pod School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HealthyEcon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this seems like an easy question, but do you make really great friends while you are in Pod school or is it something where you're so competitive against each other that you kind of sleep with one eye closed? I'm curious because like a lot of people you end up moving hundreds miles away from all you friends!

Also how attractive is the average Pod student? I would assume it's more holistic people and they couple pre-Pods I know are pretty attractive (ex-athletes, etc).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can't be serious with that last question, can you?

Reactions: 1 user
In regards to the first question I would say the first two years are full of wonderful friendships but as end of second year rolls around and you start looking into residency options it seems to without fail strain friendships if you have the same interests in programs. I think though in any field there's always the politician who you can't trust. Unfortunately just like politicians you don't realize this till too far into the game.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry. I didn't mean to offend!

And thanks that's kind of what I expected! Good friendships until people start to be bottom and top of class and residency becomes a topic of discussion!

Everyone is fit, happy, healthy, and attractive. New friendships bloom like daffodils in the springtime with the perfect amount of moisture and timely rainfall, along with ideal soil fertility and a solid balance of the essential nutrients necessary for proper growth and eventual timely maturation.

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone is fit, happy, healthy, and attractive. New friendships bloom like daffodils in the springtime with the perfect amount of moisture and timely rainfall, along with ideal soil fertility and a solid balance of the essential nutrients necessary for proper growth and eventual timely maturation.
Spot on. Exactly what it's like.

Reactions: 1 user
AHAHAHAHAH g squared 23. Brilliant.