From PharmD to other professional programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxGene

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My question is this...I'm starting pharmacy school in August, and I will be going into it 6 classes short of a bachelor's degree. If I later decide to do another program that requires a bachelor's degree for admission, will I have to go back and complete a bachelor's degree, or will my pharmD void any need for a bachelor's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Many programs will still want a Bachelor's. I applied to medical school after PharmD and spoke to several institutions that refused to accept my degree in lieu of a Bachelor's. Other schools were more flexible.

So unfortunately it is program dependent.

Reactions: 1 users
I was afraid of that. I really would have liked to finish, but I was right at the expiration timeline for my prospective pharmacy school, so I had to go this cycle. I already had to retake 2 freshman courses to meet the requirements even though I had 180 hrs, many of which were upper levels to those freshman courses. My school will only accept classes 10yrs or younger. Had I went ahead and finished my bachelor's and applied again next cycle, 2 more courses would have fallen off, and so forth. I would have ended up just chasing my tail. I decided to just cross that bridge later if/when I wanted to do another program after pharmD.

Thanks for your response. Was hoping there was a work-around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile