From PTA to PA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot24345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently a practicing PTA working in a SNF as well as a Joint replacement center at a hospital and am planning on going back to school very soon. I am in a bit of a dilemma trying to figure out whether I should go to PA or PT school. I have been unable to make up my mind for about a year now, so decided I would turn to this forum for some feedback from you professionals out there in the field. I am trying to weigh the differences of each profession. I would like to hear from you PT's and PA's out there about your opinion of what you like and dislike about your job. I would also like to know a little about starting salary, benefits, hours, caseload, flexibility and what kind of setting you practice in. Lastly, I would like to know what type of bachelors degree you used to gain acceptance in to your program as well as any extra curricular things you did to make you a stronger candidate for the application process. Any feedback will be much appreciated

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

By the way how do you post a thread on that forum? I signed up but don't see an option to post ?