From Urologic Pathologist to Urologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NuckingFuts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a mid-career academic pathologist in the northeast.

One of our junior urologic pathology attendings, who has completed a residency in anatomic path and fellowship in urologic path, intends to pursue urology residency a year or two from now. She's decently published in the urologic path literature, and says she really misses patient care. I asked her why not just do primary care, to which she replied that since she's already quite knowledgeable in urology, why not put that fund of knowledge to good use.

Anyway, do any of you know of folks who have made the switch to urology from another specialty, especially pathology?

Thanks all, cheers :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all, I'm a mid-career academic pathologist in the northeast.

One of our junior urologic pathology attendings, who has completed a residency in anatomic path and fellowship in urologic path, intends to pursue urology residency a year or two from now. She's decently published in the urologic path literature, and says she really misses patient care. I asked her why not just do primary care, to which she replied that since she's already quite knowledgeable in urology, why not put that fund of knowledge to good use.

Anyway, do any of you know of folks who have made the switch to urology from another specialty, especially pathology?

Thanks all, cheers :)

I'm also curious about this...sounds like a no?