FRONTLINE: Dollars and Dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyway, I really don't care too much what ASPEN or Medi mills, etc. do. I've come to expect this from the field I'm in and I just put my head down and do my work and get by just fine. When days are slow, I look at funny pics online, talk to friends and check out these forums and others. I post what I feel like but I'm not going to do any extensive research on what I say...not publishing papers here...just writing posts on an old student board I used when I was a pre-dent. Take my opinions for what their worth, sometimes relevant, usually just complete crap drummed out of boredom.

Be a health profession or not, how much can people shop around theyre dental care? And its more than slipping in a bleach which is still fraud. Dentists will leave patients with half done work, they make crap implants now and make money repairing later

You dont count your patients based on what time of procedure you are doing its based on individual contacts but increasing gross is more then trying to pass off a few fake patients

I'm laughing if you think youre coming out of dental school like dr 90210 and making a million bucks off bleaching and sales. If thats your angle the markets where there is more disposable income you wouldnt survive. Do a perio residency and spend some years developing implant and proshto skills then you are doing aesthetic. Go sell bleaching trays online. And every general dentist does implants, even if they suck, so you arent getting people with your awesome gold cap practice. And you should be dipping into OMFS with IV and extractions

They have like 6 new dental schools so you guys can stop dividing up patients I wouldnt pay you to brush their teeth

Orthos dead too, peds is good but dumb,

Members don't see this ad.

Wasn't attacking you DrJeffity, just saying you ignored a big variable for a point that doesn't seem to need to be made.

And after just finishing the video. A 2nd opinion is what almost all of these people should have done prior to accepting tx, especially before obtaining a credit card for said tx.

And honestly, I was quite appalled that an office manager, not dentist, would be selling the treatment plan as in Aspen's segment.

The video definitely missed how good dentistry can be for people. I've seen my dentist give free tx here and there or not charge for a certain auxiliary procedure because they didn't have insurance or was oop. But as someone stated above, it's all about sensationalism.

Wow franchies are bad

Wasn't attacking you DrJeffity, just saying you ignored a big variable for a point that doesn't seem to need to be made.

And after just finishing the video. A 2nd opinion is what almost all of these people should have done prior to accepting tx, especially before obtaining a credit card for said tx.

And honestly, I was quite appalled that an office manager, not dentist, would be selling the treatment plan as in Aspen's segment.

The video definitely missed how good dentistry can be for people. I've seen my dentist give free tx here and there or not charge for a certain auxiliary procedure because they didn't have insurance or was oop. But as someone stated above, it's all about sensationalism.

Are you college? Haha what people are getting 2 nd opinions at every turn for every dental procedure?

Many people dont have many dentists in there area and they have rights as patients and consumers to not be defrauded. But I guess its there fault for not assuming there "Dr" is not lying

U suck and have no soul or power

I bet you realize you have no hand skills and too lazy to learn more.

You will be fighting with bears to even be an employee of practice that isnt run by mcdonalds

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you college? Haha what people are getting 2 nd opinions at every turn for every dental procedure?

Many people dont have many dentists in there area and they have rights as patients and consumers to not be defrauded. But I guess its there fault for not assuming there "Dr" is not lying

U suck and have no soul or power

I bet you realize you have no hand skills and too lazy to learn more.

You will be fighting with bears to even be an employee of practice that isnt run by mcdonalds

Are you college?

You come off as ridiculously unintelligent.

And do you shop around when buying a car? Or do you buy the first thing the salesman shows you off the lot? No one should enter into an $8000 tx and charge on the first visit to a new dentist.

You, my friend, have no soul or brain apparently. And bashing my hand skills? and lazy? Wth man.

Bumping. Because all future dentists should watch this. It's a free 53min video. Definitely worth the time.

Reactions: 1 user