Frustrated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ih2183

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT study material is astronomical. The material I studied weeks ago are forgotten, especially if you're on the 3 month SN2ed workplan. Anyone have a condensed plan or schedule so that material seems fresh?

Members don't see this ad.

You didn't forget it, it's still there. You need to unlock it by doing practice passages. However, in the rare event that you did forget stuff you knew really well, I highly encourage you do passages to reinforce what you learn. You'll remember it so much better and longer!

theres like a finite amount of passages. where can i find more passages?

If you use SN2ed's study plan, that is at least 1000 passages. The BR science materials in the plan are 600 passages by themselves. Add in the PR verbal book and supp passage book and the EK 101 verbal book, and you have over 1000 passages. And that's without taking practice exams. In 90 days, you'd have to average over 11 passages a day to finish all of that.

Are you seriously out of passages following the SN2ed schedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you use SN2ed's study plan, that is at least 1000 passages. The BR science materials in the plan are 600 passages by themselves. Add in the PR verbal book and supp passage book and the EK 101 verbal book, and you have over 1000 passages. And that's without taking practice exams. In 90 days, you'd have to average over 11 passages a day to finish all of that.

Are you seriously out of passages following the SN2ed schedule?

Good point. I meant, instead of the three month workout, would you recommend an accelerated self study plan?

Good point. I meant, instead of the three month workout, would you recommend an accelerated self study plan?

I always recommend a tailored study plan. SN2ed's plan is excellent overall and it provides an excellent general approach. It's the best plan out there and has worked well for many, many self-studiers the last few years. But despite its excellence, everyone needs to customize it based on their available study hours, strengths, weaknesses, and innate test taking skills.

For instance, if you are really good at general chemistry, then you should skip the reading for those sections and go straight to passages. Getting ready for this test requires working through as many passages as it takes to be comfortable and confident on the exam.

For most people, reading the chapters builds their information base and confidence so they can attack passages, which in turn hones the information in and allows them to build their test-taking repertoire. If you are good at the information to begin with and can accept that the first few passages are learning tools rather than diagnostic tools (in other words, don't take the scores personally), then you can expedite the process.

If you want to accelerate your timeline, skip the reading.

MCAT study material is astronomical. The material I studied weeks ago are forgotten, especially if you're on the 3 month SN2ed workplan. Anyone have a condensed plan or schedule so that material seems fresh?

seriously, if you feel like the MCAT is a lot of material.. you are going to get destroyed as a medical student.

not quite,

medicine is what i ultimately want to do. I don't believe the MCAT is a good enough test for medical admission.

not quite,

medicine is what i ultimately want to do. I don't believe the MCAT is a good enough test for medical admission.

I don't think people are talking about the validity of the mcat for medical admissions.

They are just warning that if the amount of material on the MCAT seems "astronomical" then you might find the amount of material in medical school to be far more overwhelming.

Is there a situation where med school is easy if you thought the MCAT wasn't a lot to handle? I think you can still feel the MCAT's are a pain in the ass and still be able to handle med school. Whether you guys admit it or not, you might have felt the same way when you were prepping for the mcats.