F's on transcript due to missing chapel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is that a big word to you?

il_340x270.364466431_gnrh.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
At some point, you realize that it's not worth it to enter into unnecessary arguments. Let this topic go guys and gals!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that a big word for you? I chose verbiage because it is exactly the correct word to use in this situation.

Also: incorrect usage of verbose:
ver·bose
vərˈbōs/
adjective
  1. using or expressed in more words than are needed.
Verbosity is synonymous with verbiage dude. The primary definition of verbiage is "speech or writing that uses too many words or excessively technical expressions". The alternative use of verbiage just to mean text/speech in general is regional, recent, and pretty subject-specific. The way you used it here was not fitting. It's tough to follow but I used verbose correctly, as, like I said, your use of verbiage was verbose...and it's funny that your use of verbiage was an instance of misguided verbiage.

Be careful how you discuss the events that started the thread. You do not want to radiate pseudointellectual vibes to adcoms in this epic tale of principled rebellion

round 2, en garde!

Reactions: 3 users
Verbosity is synonymous with verbiage dude. The primary definition of verbiage is "speech or writing that uses too many words or excessively technical expressions". The alternative use of verbiage just to mean text/speech in general is regional, recent, and pretty subject-specific. The way you used it here was not fitting. It's tough to follow but I used verbose correctly, as, like I said, your use of verbiage was verbose...and it's funny that your use of verbiage was an instance of misguided verbiage.

Be careful how you discuss the events that started the thread. You do not want to radiate pseudointellectual vibes to adcoms in this epic tale of principled rebellion

round 2, en garde!
There is no "primary definition". There are multiple definitions and you should be able to deduce which one is used depending on the context. Good luck on VR. I can tell why you're on probation.

There is no "primary definition". There are multiple definitions and you should be able to deduce which one is used depending on the context. Good luck on VR.
There are common and uncommon definitions. If you were relying on an esoteric and regional definition that only compounds the situation! I took my MCAT back in August, which you can find in my post history, top percent in every section and top 0.1% composite. I hope you also score very well, god knows what a sub-40 score could do to a fragile ego!

And ding ding ding lets go round 3!!1!1

Reactions: 1 users
There is no "primary definition". There are multiple definitions and you should be able to deduce which one is used depending on the context. Good luck on VR. I can tell why you're on probation.

Primary- first in order in any series, sequence, etc. (in this case a series of definitions).

So yes, there are primary definitions.

There are common and uncommon definitions. If you were relying on an esoteric and regional definition that only compounds the situation! I took my MCAT back in August, which you can find in my post history, top percent in every section and top 0.1% composite. I hope you also score very well, god knows what a sub-40 score could do to a fragile ego!

And ding ding ding lets go round 3!!1!1
That makes me feel at ease. If someone who is at a 7th grade reading level can score that well, I'm sure to excel. I knew I could come to SDN for some confidence!

That makes me feel at ease. If someone who is at a 7th grade reading level can score that well, I'm sure to excel. I knew I could come to SDN for some confidence!
Ah slowly shifting away from your error and into full on personal attacks. SDN isn't the place for this type of thing. To readers here you're embarrassing yourself more with each post, not saving face.

But putting all this behind us, I'm curious to hear how you plan to pitch the streak of F's. Any change in plan from the community's input, or still going to pitch it as standing up for your principles while the university was in the wrong?

Reactions: 2 users
Ah slowly shifting away from your error and into full on personal attacks. SDN isn't the place for this type of thing. To readers here you're embarrassing yourself more with each post, not saving face.

But putting all this behind us, I'm curious to hear how you plan to pitch the streak of F's. Any change in plan from the community's input, or still going to pitch it as standing up for your principles while the university was in the wrong?
I received some wonderfully thought out advice from several of the users here and will be incorporating it. Thank you for asking.

If you go back and read my posts before you started spewing your brain-dead garbage, you'll notice I never blamed the school. You wish I had because then that would give you more of an excuse to berate me, since being an idiot on SDN is all you live and breath for.

Last edited:

Are you playing a caricature of the kind of person everyone prays (no pun intended) will never become a physician? Real or Memorex?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that a big word for you? I chose verbiage because it is exactly the correct word to use in this situation.

Also: incorrect usage of verbose:
ver·bose
vərˈbōs/
adjective
  1. using or expressed in more words than are needed.

Ur obsfucating me. Pls don't make me metaphorically defenstrate u.

Also OP, your situation raises serious questions about your ethics and professionalism: You accepted money from your institution, and you refused to honor their values and principles? I seriously hope I don't have to work with someone like you.

This is coming from an atheist btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I received some wonderfully thought out advice from several of the users here and will be incorporating it. Thank you for asking.

If you go back and read my posts before you started spewing your brain-dead garbage, you'll notice I never blamed the school. You wish I had because then that would give you more of an excuse to berate me, since being an idiot on SDN is all you live and breath for.
Or not putting it behind us I guess...

If you and the university are at odds and you are in the right, that puts them in the wrong, does it not? Or are you saying it was right of them to require students to attend chapel and give F's for failing to comply? I'm fairly certain you expressed otherwise before my brain-dead garbage spewing but what do I know, I'm an idiot

Are you playing a caricature of the kind of person everyone prays (no pun intended) will never become a physician? Real or Memorex?
Honestly I think he's just too smart for us to comprehend. Anyone who disagrees with him is an idiot, and he has never made a mistake in his life

Reactions: 3 users
Or not putting it behind us I guess...

If you and the university are at odds and you are in the right, that puts them in the wrong, does it not? Or are you saying it was right of them to require students to attend chapel and give F's for failing to comply? I'm fairly certain you expressed otherwise before my brain-dead garbage spewing but what do I know, I'm an idiot

Honestly I think he's just too smart for us to comprehend. Anyone who disagrees with him is an idiot, and he has never made a mistake in his life
The university can do whatever it wants. It's a private school. If it wants to have chapel, it can have chapel. It's neither right nor wrong. I simply chose not to go because I found it made me uncomfortable.

If you're fairly certain, go find the post I made and quote it in a reply. But since you won't find any such post, simply step away from the keyboard.

Also OP, your situation raises serious questions about your ethics and professionalism: You accepted money from your institution, and you refused to honor their values and principles? I seriously hope I don't have to work with someone like you.

This is coming from an atheist btw.
my girlfriend and I are both laughing. thank you for this. Oh god, my sides.

The university can do whatever it wants. It's a private school. If it wants to have chapel, it can have chapel. It's neither right nor wrong. I simply chose not to go because I found it made me uncomfortable.

If you're fairly certain, go find the post I made and quote it in a reply. But since you won't find any such post, simply step away from the keyboard.
You can express things implicitly, and anyone reading this thread would not think you viewed your own actions as wrong. If you're not wrong, then conflict must be arising because the university is. But as many others have said and you just did, the university is not wrong to write a curriculum and expect matriculants to follow it. Which leads us to...you were either wrong to matriculate here, or wrong to skip parts of the curriculum you signed up for. The fact that you're there on scholarship makes this even further against you.

And don't play the "parents and money" cards again. Parents who would control you are not worth appeasing, and through merit scholarship and part time work there is a wealth of options to those willing to work for them. So now let's see if you'll acknowledge having made mistakes to get to your present position.

Reactions: 1 user
You can express things implicitly, and anyone reading this thread would not think you viewed your own actions as wrong. If you're not wrong, then conflict must be arising because the university is. But as many others have said and you just did, the university is not wrong to write a curriculum and expect matriculants to follow it. Which leads us to...you were either wrong to matriculate here, or wrong to skip parts of the curriculum you signed up for. The fact that you're there on scholarship makes this even further against you.

And don't play the "parents and money" cards again. Parents who would control you are not worth appeasing, and through merit scholarship and part time work there is a wealth of options to those willing to work for them. So now let's see if you'll acknowledge having made mistakes to get to your present position.
lmfao gold medal in mental gymnastics

THis is ridiculous. You should have just gone to fcuinkg chapel instead of creating a woe is me thread and you heard what you didn't want to hear. The truth. This is what we call a "first world problem." **** or get off the pot.

Does it really seem like gymnastics? Seems pretty easy to follow to me. Looks like a few others actually pointed it out to you already
No, this is terribly thought out. So terribly so, that I am embarrassed for you. You are trying so, so, SO hard to scrape together an argument with your double digit IQ, and it is clearly not working and you clearly do not see that.

No, this is terribly thought out. So terribly so, that I am embarrassed for you. You are trying so, so, SO hard to scrape together an argument with your double digit IQ, and it is clearly not working and you clearly do not see that.

Mmm yes "la la la you're stupid", college edition. Well, I tried. Be sure to come back and bump the thread with "I told you so efle" when you get in to every Top 10, alright?

Edit: Actually I'm still pretty entertained here. If my reasoning is full of holes, please point them out

Simmer down. If you'd like to argue, take it to private message, please.
Oh no Bacchus she'll come after you now!

I hate to say I agree because I can totally relate to not wanting to do Chapel, but if you sign up for something, you better show up for it.

Admittedly, I haven't read this whole thread in detail, but I agree with AlbinoHawk DO. You can disagree with chapel, but you know what you're signing up for when you go to a religious school (I went to one K-12). I don't know if admissions are going to look past 7 F's to see what you failed, or what they'll think about you disagreeing with your school's requirements-- can they trust you to show up and be professional if you disagree with part of your medical school curriculum?

I feel for you OP, but this was a mistake. Deciding to fail something once is understandable, but 7X doesn't make sense.

THis is ridiculous. You should have just gone to fcuinkg chapel instead of creating a woe is me thread and you heard what you didn't want to hear. The truth. This is what we call a "first world problem." **** or get off the pot.

I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought that way.

I mean, OP, I suppose I don't understand. I went to an institution for the same reason you did- the money was good. I was an agnostic in a southern Baptist college. But I still went and attended all my required semesters of chapel.

And considering that I'm a lesbian and there was an open-debate day about homosexuality and the Bible (as a freshman, talk about uncomfortable), I don't quite get how you decided failing seven semesters of anything was alright. Even for a BS thing like required chapel.

Was it uncomfortable when some kids who were in my classes were announcing their beliefs that they thought people like me were an abomination? Abso-freaking-lutely. But I suppose I came to terms with the fact that there will be a myriad of things I may not be initially comfortable with, and even though I fundamentally disagree with them, they have just as much right to say their opinion as I do. And I doubt dealing with patients from all walks of life will be any different.

So, OP, you've got to prove two things- you've got to prove you're more mature than skipping classes because they make you uncomfortable, and you've got to prove that you're always expanding your comfort zone. I wish you the best in that, because the 7 F's don't do you favors.

If you're forced to go to chapel, the least you can do is sit in the back and make sarcastic comments.

Lol didn't take long for him to get banned. My opinion this entire time? 7 F's in a row due to laziness = bad, chances of positive spin for this = extremely low.

Aw, I was just making my popcorn..

Who? I'll report someone. God knows I've been reported plenty of times.
I was having a pretty great back and forth with OP but then they were banned. I'm guessing someone reported them to a mod. Maybe a mod just saw it though

And yeah twice now I've gotten probation for what was clearly sarcasm :/

I was having a pretty great back and forth with OP but then they were banned. I'm guessing someone reported them to a mod. Maybe a mod just saw it though

And yeah twice now I've gotten probation for what was clearly sarcasm :/

My favorite is when the moderators tell you it isn't a judgement call. Such BS. Get a backbone and call it like it is.

My favorite is when the moderators tell you it isn't a judgement call. Such BS. Get a backbone and call it like it is.
This most recent time the mod did tell me it was at their discretion to act on reports. Both times I was given probation for sarcasm it was the same mod and one time I even had /s in the post...I feel like just they in particular dislike my sense of humor

You know I'm thinking that there are admissions committee members that read these threads, possibly some ms3 or ms4 that might sit in on interviews. This guy has a really unique situation and really made an @$$ of himself. If I was flipping through his file and saw 7 consecutive F's in chapel. I would immediately know that it was this loser and reject him.

Reactions: 7 users
You know I'm thinking that there are admissions committee members that read these threads, possibly some ms3 or ms4 that might sit in on interviews. This guy has a really unique situation and really made an @$$ of himself. If I was flipping through his file and saw 7 consecutive F's in chapel. I would immediately know that it was this loser and reject him.

I'd have to ask. Then I would wait to see if the put their foot in their mouth.

Nobody has asked if the OP approached the school to see if something could be worked out? Can you retake those classes? Then at least you could say... I did the wrong thing, but I did my best to fix it?

I'd have to ask. Then I would wait to see if the put their foot in their mouth.

Nobody has asked if the OP approached the school to see if something could be worked out? Can you retake those classes? Then at least you could say... I did the wrong thing, but I did my best to fix it?

And now since s/he is on hold . . . the world may never know.

Oh come on you two. I've been here a long time and have been in plenty of heated arguments, and have never gotten so much as a PM from the mods. You've both been past the line a number of times (piling on in this thread even after a mod warning being only a minor example). Complaining about the moderation after the fact like this doesn't help either.
Here's what I got probation for most recently. Is that not extremely clear sarcasm where I'm just pointing out someone being unnecessarily rude?

Wait, that's what you got probation for? While I agree that many of your posts come off as aggressive and arrogant, that one isn't one of them. I'm surprised that you got probation for that and I didn't....

I saw it when you first posted it. You pretty much directly led to a thread getting derailed and locked, and kept going after warnings (much like here). It doesn't particularly matter if you're being sarcastic or not when all you were doing was being antagonistic.
OPs question was answered, and its not the fault of one person in a thread whether it derails. That takes group effort! But I know I'm not supposed to call people out for their unnecessary insults. That's what this wonderful report system is for...I suspect i'll have an eventual lapse in willpower though and end up browsing through the choppy speed of a VPN ;)

Wait, that's what you got probation for? While I agree that many of your posts come off as aggressive and arrogant, that one isn't one of them. I'm surprised that you got probation for that and I didn't....
They can't give probation for sounding arrogant! I suspect I get reported a lot for stuff I say that isn't actually an attack on anyone, so when a semi plausible one pops up I get put back in line

Not sure what you guys are arguing about, but OP got splat by the banhammer. I'm surprised @Goro called it previously. Great troll radar.

It's OK rachie. banhammer is swinging into action. Loose cannons are easily spotted on SDN and have short life-spans.

If premed had actually attended the required Chapel at his school, he might have learned to turn the other cheek.

Not sure what you guys are arguing about, but OP got splat by the banhammer. I'm surprised @Goro called it previously. Great troll radar.

Well, OP straight up attacked Goro in another thread. I'm pretty sure his/her actions there were what did it.

Can we just lock this topic already?

More like "loose cannon" radar. The trolls start out wanting to incite. The loose cannons start out innocuous, but quickly go off the rails.

As much as it pains my cold, dead, atheist heart to say this - you should have sucked it up and gone to chapel or dealt with the finicial consequences of transferring. Instead you did the most immature thing possible.