Fulbright Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carpediem22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
--

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. There's no such thing as an "auto in".

2. Schools have interview dates. If that date works for your schedule and is available for your interview (i.e. not already full), great. If there are no options while you're in the country, I don't know of programs that will bend over backwards by creating a non-interview date just for you. They may exist, I'm just not aware of any. Check the interview schedule for this year, though it may not be out at all yet. You could try going off of last year's schedule, as schools tend not to change much from year to year.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. There's no such thing as an "auto in".

2. Schools have interview dates. If that date works for your schedule and is available for your interview (i.e. not already full), great. If there are no options while you're in the country, I don't know of programs that will bend over backwards by creating a non-interview date just for you. They may exist, I'm just not aware of any. Check the interview schedule for this year, though it may not be out at all yet. You could try going off of last year's schedule, as schools tend not to change much from year to year.

Way ahead of ya, most schools have already published dates and I have an excel doc going. I didn't mean flexible as in change the dates, I meant as in would possibly be flexible with the quota of students for each date (if I understand correctly, dates fill up quickly). You're right that no schools would change the dates or create new dates for me. Thanks for the input though.

I have no experience with the fullbright, but I know UNC always has two interview dates in late jan-early February. There is a great google calendar that shows all of the interview dates for md-phd programs (for the programs that post).

Reactions: 1 user