Funding pre-requisite courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vasoolraja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends: I was wondering how full time pharm techs are able to find funding support to take the pre-requisite courses. I plan to become a pharm tech. If I work as a full time pharm tech, is it possible to get loans to take pre-requisite courses? I would really appreciate your responses. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Financial aid is income based. loans may always be available for the parts that financial aid wont cover. Have you considered taking the prerequisites at a local community college? Financial aid alone can help you pay most of it without ever owning anything until you reach pharmacy school.

Financial aid is income based. loans may always be available for the parts that financial aid wont cover. Have you considered taking the prerequisites at a local community college? Financial aid alone can help you pay most of it without ever owning anything until you reach pharmacy school.

Thank you for your quick response. Is it possible to get financial aid even if I take only one or two courses per semester? Is there a requirement like one should take so many credits to be eligible for financial aid?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your quick response. Is it possible to get financial aid even if I take only one or two courses per semester? Is there a requirement like one should take so many credits to be eligible for financial aid?
You have to be a full time student to get financial aid, but how many credits you have to take per quarter/semester depends on the school

Yes. I am pretty sure you either have to be half-time or full-time per semester.

I work part-time and go to school full-time. I dont have any financial aid, just pay my classes off as I go. It takes me an entire semester to pay off my classes but Im grateful I have a job that allows me to do that and no go deeper into debt.

You can get financial aid as a part time student. The only thing that changes is the amount of pell grant that you have access to.

Hi Friends: I was wondering how full time pharm techs are able to find funding support to take the pre-requisite courses. I plan to become a pharm tech. If I work as a full time pharm tech, is it possible to get loans to take pre-requisite courses? I would really appreciate your responses. Thanks for the help!

Just go to CC for your pre reqs.

Go to a CC for most credits. We have a program in my state like if we enroll at a CC we can go to a few schools in the area that is 4 year instiute if we need higher classes. But its like 1 or 2 classes we're allowed when your registered fulltime!!