Funny quotes from "less informed" premeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

There should be an option to nominate a 'post of the day' on SDN. Bravo.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users

nope, but nice try. asking questions means you know how to make use of resources available and use sdn and others to engage in discussions and see their POV to be better informed. Not getting that is an obvious sign of cluelessness. Asking lots of questions is part of learning.

Last edited:
nope, but nice try. asking questions means you know how to make use of resources available and use sdn and others to engage in discussions and see their POV to be better informed. Not getting that is an obvious sign of cluelessness. Asking lots of questions is part of learning.
Did you even read my post? Trust me, there are some questions/responses to questions which can demonstrate cluelessness.
Many questions have nothing to do with POV...they're simple, google-able facts. Others have been discussed so frequently (as in, multiple other active threads on the 1st page dealing with the exact topic) that posting them is a clear indication that OP is not even attempting to look around, read the forum, search, etc.

I ask tons of questions and speak up frequently in class and on this forum...but I also know how to use a search function.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

So is proactively researching and using judgment to figure things out on your own. Of course, there's a certain subset of the forum who seems unable to do so.

Reactions: 10 users
Did you even read my post? Trust me, there are some questions/responses to questions which can demonstrate cluelessness.
Many questions have nothing to do with POV...they're simple, google-able facts. Others have been discussed so frequently (as in, multiple other active threads on the 1st page dealing with the exact topic) that posting them is a clear indication that OP is not even attempting to look around, read the forum, search, etc.

I ask tons of questions and speak up frequently in class and on this forum...but I also know how to use a search function.

even if you use the search function which I do, there are many points that arent specifically discussed in the previous topics.

So is proactively researching and figuring things out on your own. Of course, there's a certain subset of the forum who seems unable to do so.

i do that, aint nothing wrong with communicating, you learn more that way too and the information is live vs. some dead old topic.

So is proactively researching and using judgment to figure things out on your own. Of course, there's a certain subset of the forum who seems unable to do so.
Exactly. There's "give me your opinion" and then there is just "I don't feel like doing the research, please tell me the answers so I don't have to put any effort into making decisions about my own future"
They're fairly easy to differentiate.

[about a week ago, 7/11/14)
Me: "I'm studying for the MCAT right now, can I message you later?"
Her: "Yeah, I'm gonna start studying for that sometime soon..."
Me: "When are you taking it?"
Her: "August 15"

Last edited:
Exactly. There's "give me your opinion" and then there is just "I don't feel like doing the research, please tell me the answers so I don't have to put any effort into making decisions about my own future"
They're fairly easy to differentiate.

well at least you posted in the right section with that comment so you can be added to the quotes from less informed premeds :p. Since there's such a difference you should get informed about it yo

Last edited:

Either she is the ultimate in misinformed premed, or she walks with some kind of swag and demeanor that is on an entirely different intellectual level that I can comprehend lol.

Either she is the ultimate in misinformed premed, or she walks with some kind of swag and demeanor that is on an entirely different intellectual level that I can comprehend lol.

In the 30+ MCAT habit thread, there are quite a few people who did really well studying for only a few weeks lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here is evidence for the apps my school (and gyngyn's) gets from people with single digit MCAT scores. No, not each category...for the entire exam!

If I had like Bill Gates wealth, tons of free time, and a desire to troll I would take them MCAT for fun, get <10, and apply to all ~130 US schools

Just yesterday: "What kind of med school do you want to go to?"

Damn. I was doing so well avoiding that one. :mad:

People can and do perform well on the MCAT without months of studying. It's not as uncommon as you think (though still rare)

At the mall
Her: so you're a premed! How exciting! So what grad school are you going to afterwards? Doctor school? Nursing school? Psych school?
Me: .....
:smack:

People can and do perform well on the MCAT without months of studying. It's not as uncommon as you think (though still rare)

I scored a 30 on my very first practice test, so YES it can be done.

It's not frequent, but it is possible.

At every graduation party or event with former hs teachers and classmates, every one asked about what I am planning. When I mention med school, every person asks which school. I am nice enough to say it will depend on my MCAT score, but inside I am screaming, "Any damn school that accepts me!"

Reactions: 7 users
At the mall
Her: so you're a premed! How exciting! So what grad school are you going to afterwards? Doctor school? Nursing school? Psych school?
Me: .....
:smack:

99% of these awkward encounters could be avoided by simply not telling people you're premed. Most people (that say they are) aren't even majoring in premed, and for the few that are, they can just lie and say they're studying bio.

"medical schools do holistic reviews and want well-rounded candidates so it's more than gpa and mcat" *few days later after applying* "i got a 4.0 gpa and 40 mcat where the **** are my interviews?" ~ sdn
Do you realize that a lot of high-stat applicants on here DO have well-rounded applications that, when reviewed holistically, make them very strong candidates apart from their stats?

Sent from my neural implant using SDN Mobile

Some people justify their lack of stats by thinking they have excellent ECs other people don't have. They don't realize there are literally tens of thousands of people with both better stats and much stronger ECs.

Reactions: 7 users
Do you realize that a lot of high-stat applicants on here DO have well-rounded applications that, when reviewed holistically, make them very strong candidates apart from their stats?

im merely quoting sdn the way it is. no need for any unnecessary realizations bro. though if claiming well-roundedness makes you feel better about your app, that's nice you're finding some positive coping mechanisms for your situation :) :) :).

Last edited:
Your lack of self awareness is baffling.

you mean how ****ing awesome and right I am. I'm sdn's #1 shot-caller. i know it's hard for you to handle the facts at first but open wide and get used to it :). your lack of awareness about sdn is amazing, but at least you're posting in the right thread with that comment :p.

I scored a 30 on my very first practice test, so YES it can be done.

It's not frequent, but it is possible.

Yeah sometimes for some people studying for a long time is not beneficial. The MCAT is more conceptual than knowledge based. I got a 38 on my first AAMC after 2 weeks of study to assess where I was. I had high hopes and studied for a couple more months and ended up getting a lower score, twice. I still recommend a healthy amount of studying of course. I hope I can figure out why I don't do as well on test day before step 1!

"if you study for the mcat and get under a 30 on the mcat you have a learning disability" ~sdn
"if heavy efforts got you a 29 on the MCAT then you'd better make friends with primary care" ~sdn's finest
"many of us top 40+ mcat and 4.0 gpa candidates are well-rounded, we did one medical volunteering gig and we like...uh stuff and things, check out that well-roundness " ~ sdn

"if you study for the mcat and get under a 30 on the mcat you have a learning disability" ~sdn
"if heavy efforts got you a 29 on the MCAT then you'd better make friends with primary care" ~sdn's finest Dr. midlife
"many of us top 40+ mcat and 4.0 gpa candidates are well-rounded, we did one medical volunteering gig and we like...uh stuff and things, check out that well-roundness " ~ sdn

can you just stop this and let the thread return to what it was? This is getting tiresome.

can you just stop this and let the thread return to what it was? This is getting tiresome.

this thread is about funny quotes from less informed premeds. i'm posting hilarious quotes from ill-informed premeds. thread is serving it's purpose :).

you mean how ******* awesome and right I am. I'm sdn's #1 shot-caller. i know it's hard for you to handle the facts at first but open wide and get used to it :). your lack of awareness about sdn is amazing, but at least you're posting in the right thread with that comment :p.
Quoted for posterity. :eyebrow::smack::bullcrap::corny::claps::laugh::rofl::lol:

I knew I shouldn't have clicked that 'Show Ignored Content' link...

Quoted for posterity.

I knew I shouldn't have clicked that 'Show Ignored Content' link...

quoted you for actually ignoring the facts of life lmao.

Some people justify their lack of stats by thinking they have excellent ECs other people don't have. They don't realize there are literally tens of thousands of people with both better stats and much stronger ECs.

cool story negative nancy and nice job trying to give everyone their daily dose of bs negativity and discouragement from you. there's a thousand yous and only one of me.

How's that less informed? For all we know, your friend is probably a smart person who can score a 40 with minimal practice.

im merely quoting sdn the way it is. no need for any unnecessary realizations bro. though if claiming well-roundedness makes you feel better about your app, that's nice you're finding some positive coping mechanisms for your situation :) :) :).

You should probably control your envy of rockstar applicants.

this thread is about funny quotes from less informed premeds. i'm posting hilarious quotes from ill-informed premeds. thread is serving it's purpose :).

If anything, you're just making a fool out of yourself in this thread... to the point that it's starting to get annoying. Remember, if everyone here is calling you out and claiming what you say is BS, you need some serious self-reflection.

You should probably control your envy of rockstar applicants.

nah, they're about a rockstar and real as pamela anderson's boobs. lmao. i'm sure they appreciate your brown nosing though.

mrh, what is your interpretation of the things people are saying to you? Why do you think so many are being so negative towards you?

Friend of mine: "Dude you can get like a 20 on the MCAT and you're set, just do amazing on the interview, that is all that matters yo, the interview yo"

Reactions: 3 users
lol click on @gettheleadout 's md apps. It will make you feel insignificant.

Let's play the quiet game... Who can stay quiet about all that malarky the longest? Go.

Let's play the quiet game... Who can stay quiet about all that malarky the longest? Go.
This one's really hard, even with the new and improved 'Ignore' function! I can't help myself, I know it's there, hiding!

nah, he's been put on hold twice because med schools are ray charles to just stats.
How ridiculously arrogant can you be that you think you can summarize my app with "just stats" given that you have never seen my app? This is just astounding.

Reactions: 11 users
Status
Not open for further replies.