Funny quotes from "less informed" premeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I graduated last semester but I'm still on campus finishing up my research. There's a rumor floating around (and by that I mean that I've heard it from 3 different Sophmore students) that the new MCAT is 2 days long.

May God have mercy on their souls.

Just wait until step 3... or board exams for certain specialties.

Members don't see this ad.

So I graduated last semester but I'm still on campus finishing up my research. There's a rumor floating around (and by that I mean that I've heard it from 3 different Sophmore students) that the new MCAT is 2 days long.

May God have mercy on their souls.
Why have the internet if people won't use it?:confused:

Reactions: 2 users
I had a classmate in high school who was convinced she was going to be a plastic surgeon and loved to brag how much farther in life she was going than the rest of us. She further explained she would be a full-fledged plastic surgeon after this amazing four year program in Chicago straight out of high school.

6 years later...

She cuts hair at Wal-Mart.

That's unfortunate, but I just want to say that sometimes uninformed, arrogant young people can transform. I def made a few people wonder what the hell was i talking about in the first few years of my long journey (we are talking about a decade) to medicine. I fell down and I picked myself back up. These days, sometimes I can be seen as a cashier at a market. I can see that it might be easy for some old acquaintance, who don't keep track what's changed for me, to jump into wrong conclusions when they see me working there.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's unfortunate, but I just want to say that sometimes uninformed, arrogant young people can transform. I def made a few people wonder what the hell was i talking about in the first few years of my long journey (we are talking about a decade) to medicine. I fell down and I picked myself back up. These days, sometimes I can be seen as a cashier at a market. I can see that it might be easy for some old acquaintance, who don't keep track what's changed for me, to jump into wrong conclusions when they see me working there.

Yeah. I was helping deliver pizzas the other day when I ran into one of my future classmates. Well, almost ran into. And I wasn't actually driving, so that made it a little better. But still, not the impression ya wanna leave your peers with!

The backstory is that our friend's pizza shop that has been a local institution for a couple decades has FINALLY started delivering. In the biggest snowstorm the area has seen in a few years. But whatever. As a friendly gesture, my girl is helping them get delivery up and running. So, I was along on shotgun, so that if the car got stuck or some other disaster happened, she'd have back-up.

I've thought about getting a totally non-clinical job to relax a bit between now and med school. Cashiering sounds like it could be an interesting change of pace, where it is highly unlikely that anyone is going to bleed out because of the way I count back change.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah. I was helping deliver pizzas the other day when I ran into one of my future classmates. Well, almost ran into. And I wasn't actually driving, so that made it a little better. But still, not the impression ya wanna leave your peers with!

The backstory is that our friend's pizza shop that has been a local institution for a couple decades has FINALLY started delivering. In the biggest snowstorm the area has seen in a few years. But whatever. As a friendly gesture, my girl is helping them get delivery up and running. So, I was along on shotgun, so that if the car got stuck or some other disaster happened, she'd have back-up.

I've thought about getting a totally non-clinical job to relax a bit between now and med school. Cashiering sounds like it could be an interesting change of pace, where it is highly unlikely that anyone is going to bleed out because of the way I count back change.

Please don't do retail. Retail is the sort of thing I would only wish on people I really, really don't like. The actual physical activity is relaxed, but management is rarely ever good and the customers are even less likely to be good. I've heard great things about pizza delivery though.

Some kind of specialty retail, like REI or something, where you get to interact with people in a meaningful way can be nice. In general though retail is a soul-destroying enterprise of constant misery.

Reactions: 4 users
Some kind of specialty retail, like REI or something, where you get to interact with people in a meaningful way can be nice. In general though retail is a soul-destroying enterprise of constant misery.

If you want a good before med school job, work in food service. What people order will tell you more about public health than any MPH.

Reactions: 6 users
If you want a good before med school job, work in food service. What people order will tell you more about public health than any MPH.

...And then spend the whole time saying things like, "well I'mmmm going to be a doctor!" or, "Too bad I'll be leaving this for collegial and smarter people when I go to med school..."

Bonus points for an ascot and a snooty tone.

...And then spend the whole time saying things like, "well I'mmmm going to be a doctor!" or, "Too bad I'll be leaving this for collegial and smarter people when I go to med school..."

Bonus points for an ascot and a snooty tone.

heh. Smarter maybe... collegial? no way.

Did I say it was a "muslim thing"? No, I did not. Do authorities often turn a blind eye on such behavior in some islamic and african countries? Absolutely.
863px-2013_Female_Genital_Mutilation_Cutting_Circumcision_FGM_World_Map_UNICEF.SVG.png

Courtesy of UNICEF.

Blowing yourself up in a mall is a muslim thing, though.

You know, I was having a fun time going through this thread, and then I come across this.

How did this go unnoticed? Is it really acceptable on SDN of all places for people to make wholesale demonizing generalizations about people like this?

Like this Senpai guy, do you really think that if someone is muslim he or she is automatically predisposed towards blowing people up?

That's akin to saying that shooting up movie theaters and gunning down entire islands full of people is a white, Christian thing. Except I wouldn't ever say that because I have the cultural awareness to conclude that the actions of extremists don't speak for the majority, and well, I actually interact with said demographic and don't judge them to be lunatics from the get go.

As a muslim, I'm glad I grew up in New York, where, although people can be bigoted, they keep their bull**** to themselves.

Sorry for the rant, back to laughing at uninformed premeds!

Reactions: 5 users
You know, I was having a fun time going through this thread, and then I come across this.

How did this go unnoticed? Is it really acceptable on SDN of all places for people to make wholesale demonizing generalizations about people like this?

Like this Senpai guy, do you really think that if someone is muslim he or she is automatically predisposed towards blowing people up?

That's akin to saying that shooting up movie theaters and gunning down entire islands full of people is a white, Christian thing. Except I wouldn't ever say that because I have the cultural awareness to conclude that the actions of extremists don't speak for the majority, and well, I actually interact with said demographic and don't judge them to be lunatics from the get go.

As a muslim, I'm glad I grew up in New York, where, although people can be bigoted, they keep their bull**** to themselves.

Yeah, I'm sorry I made your time ITT less enjoyable and that post was a result of a long discussion regarding female genital mutilation, of all things. The comment I made above was stupid and I'd like you to know that it's not representative of how I truly think. I was frustrated and I made a mean mistake. However, that doesn't negate the validity of my other points, which need to be assessed on their own and in context. We can talk all about this and I can explain myself, if you'd like.

Reactions: 1 users

Genital Mutilation? Wow, as a Turk who's been all over the muslim world (okay just the turkish, persian, and some arabic) I've never seen this before.

I tell people I am going to medical school, and have many people ask me, "So you want to be a nurse?"

And a girl today was telling me about her friend being in the hospital, and she thinks she was lying about the diagnosis, by reason of "My sister is a nurse, so you know, she went to medical school and would know."

Nothing against nurses, but shocks me how many people don't realize nursing school =/= medical school.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Genital Mutilation? Wow, as a Turk who's been all over the muslim world (okay just the turkish, persian, and some arabic) I've never seen this before.
That's anecdotal and doesn't constitute evidence but, looking at the UNICEF map, that's to be expected. FMG is a huge problem in Africa, as you can see.

I tell people I am going to medical school, and have many people ask me, "So you want to be a nurse?"

And a girl today was telling me about her friend being in the hospital, and she thinks she was lying about the diagnosis, by reason of "My sister is a nurse, so you know, she went to medical school and would know."

Nothing against nurses, but shocks me how many people don't realize nursing school =/= medical school.
I still don't understand how one could confuse nursing and medical school. I mean do they really think they are the same difficulty?

I still don't understand how one could confuse nursing and medical school. I mean do they really think they are the same difficulty?
Nurses do. After working with them, it's kind of obvious why some people hate them, it only takes a few.

Reactions: 1 users
Nurses do. After working with them, it's kind of obvious why some people hate them, it only takes a few.
Lol. I'm not saying they can't or aren't smart enough ( med school doesn't take a genius) but it is the fact that they DIDNT go to actual med school. They can't possible think they know as much as medical students ... I mean basic sciences( of course they are great clinically). I've read a post on here before where someone said residents start out needing help from nurses, and they in like 6 weeks they are already ahead. I wouldn't be surprised.

Lol. I'm not saying they can't or aren't smart enough ( med school doesn't take a genius) but it is the fact that they DIDNT go to actual med school. They can't possible think they know as much as medical students ... I mean basic sciences( of course they are great clinically). I've read a post on here before where someone said residents start out needing help from nurses, and they in like 6 weeks they are already ahead. I wouldn't be surprised.

Actually they said exactly that on Scrubs :borg:.

Actually they said exactly that on Scrubs :borg:.
Yea I like that episode, but I swear I've seen basically the same comment on here. I'ce never met a person who thought nurse school is the same. Who are these ppl who aren't in the know.

I've read a post on here before where someone said residents start out needing help from nurses, and they in like 6 weeks they are already ahead.
I think I heard that on Scrubs, so it must be true lol

Many nurses seem to have trouble with the fact that nursing school =/= medical school. Just look at the comments for any internet article that even mentions anesthesiology

Oh, please say some crap like that on the wards as a student or resident. And see how much harder your life can get. They don't even have to sabotage you. Just stop trying to help you or deflect you from making the more obvious errors.

They didn't go to medical school, and most physicians haven't been through nursing school. You know, there is actually a body of knowledge that they teach in nursing school that isn't just medicine-light. It is just not particularly valued by pre-meds and others who don't actually have to handle the logistics of patient care. Residents learn how to be physicians, but they never learn how to be nurses... they don't get ahead in that aspect of caring for patients, they just learn who to ask to take care of the things that they don't know how to do.

Reactions: 7 users

I've had a lot of jobs prior to nursing, including retail and food service. Hard work does build character, and it is informative.

It is very different to work a dead end job when you know that you have an escape hatch. It becomes an adventure rather than drudgery, just because you do know that it will end. One does need to be sensitive to the situations of people who don't have plans to go off to school come summer. Both bragging and false modesty are to be avoided. You just do the work and keep your mouth shut, and listen to others talk about themselves instead.

It is important to remember that no one is ever too good to serve food or mop a floor, no matter what their present or future career plans. Losing that perspective is a one-way ticket to douchebaggery.

Reactions: 18 users
Girl in front of me at a meeting talking with her friend

-I hate research.
-what research have you done?
-oh, just my [freshman] labs, and I hate them.

:eek:

Reactions: 19 users

-I hate research.

LMFAO I almost spit out my coffee:lol:

-I hate research.

Nothing wrong with hating research. Although she'd be more qualified to make that statement after trying actual bench research.

Nothing wrong with hating research. Although she'd be more qualified to make that statement after trying actual bench research.
Of course, I was more laughing at the fact that she thought her gen bio lab was research.

-I hate research.

Oh honey, it gets so much worse.

Edit: Bench research, I mean. Waiting and waiting for results that won't come and are inconsistent and all of that fun stuff. So. Much. Waiting.

Oh honey, it gets so much worse.

Edit: Bench research, I mean. Waiting and waiting for results that won't come and are inconsistent and all of that fun stuff. So. Much. Waiting.
Oh the waiting days...my PI and I have teatime while waiting for the experiment to run. However one time I decided to eat a sandwich and my samples completely evaporated. Thank goodness for hexane otherwise I would have bawl my eyes out.

Please don't do retail. Retail is the sort of thing I would only wish on people I really, really don't like. The actual physical activity is relaxed, but management is rarely ever good and the customers are even less likely to be good. I've heard great things about pizza delivery though.
:lol:
Having been both an in-house employee and a delivery driver at the same company (so it's not just a 'this company treats its employees differently' thing)...go cashier. Go cashier and never look back.

:lol:
Having been both an in-house employee and a delivery driver at the same company (so it's not just a 'this company treats its employees differently' thing)...go cashier. Go cashier and never look back.
At a pizza joint though?

I've had a lot of jobs prior to nursing, including retail and food service. Hard work does build character, and it is informative.

It is very different to work a dead end job when you know that you have an escape hatch. It becomes an adventure rather than drudgery, just because you do know that it will end. One does need to be sensitive to the situations of people who don't have plans to go off to school come summer. Both bragging and false modesty are to be avoided. You just do the work and keep your mouth shut, and listen to others talk about themselves instead.

It is important to remember that no one is ever too good to serve food or mop a floor, no matter what their present or future career plans. Losing that perspective is a one-way ticket to douchebaggery.

If you mean the job then sure why not. As for the serve part I disagree.
No one should ever have to subjugate themselves. It's one thing "to serve" your nation or a cause, it's another to "serve" some middle aged individual who thinks they have some sort of power over this person in their teens or early twenties. A well known fact is how bad these jobs are and the patient population is the worst aspect. That and what are you serving them? clogged arteries?

While I've never served myself, I've seen some genuine sick people at these places... It's not so bad in the nicer part of town but go somewhere closer to the road or slightly less than middle class and the douchebaggery so to speak is evident everywhere.

Last edited:
Oh, please say some crap like that on the wards as a student or resident. And see how much harder your life can get. They don't even have to sabotage you. Just stop trying to help you or deflect you from making the more obvious errors.
That nurse wouldn't be well liked now would they. Just sayin.

If you mean the job then sure why not. As for the serve part I disagree.
No one should ever have to subjugate themselves. It's one thing "to serve" your nation or a cause, it's another to "serve" some middle aged individual who thinks they have some sort of power over this person in their teens or early twenties. A well known fact is how bad these jobs are and the patient population is the worst aspect. That and what are you serving them? clogged arteries?

While I've never served myself, I've seen some genuine sick people at these places... It's not so bad in the nicer part of town but go somewhere closer to the road or slightly less than middle class and the douchebaggery so to speak is evident everywhere.

I'm confused. Are you taking issue with a commonly used word to describe providing food to others because it is etymologically related to words whose connotations you dislike? Or is this about your ill-founded classist prejudice? Or did you just completely and totally miss my point while personally exemplifying it?

I will try to clarify all possibilities. Fine dining, fast food, passing out trays in a hospital, putting mashed potatoes on the plate of your child... these are all examples of serving food. Food is what is being served. You are not subjugated to the food. This is more like serving a volleyball. This is a situation where one word has many different meanings. This meaning has to do with distribution of material, not duty to a cause.

Next, your classism is backwards. Poor and lower middle class people often have experience working in service jobs, and tend to be more respectful and appreciative. People who feel entitled to the most and appreciate it the least are those who are accustomed to actually having servants and they get confused. Not all poor people are kind, but many are because suffering breeds compassion. Not all wealthy people are d-bags, not remotely, but those that are can get away with that behavior more than someone who lacks their resources... at least until they push it too far. Reference: http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/04/enter...ulting-intimidating-flight-attendants-charge/

Finally, it is helpful to have some work experiences where you aren't guaranteed that everyone will be grateful, because that will happen when you are a physician. Then, even if you don't have an employer to enforce it, your professional ethics should compel you to forbearance and fulfillment of your duties, even when someone is rude, demanding, or unappreciative. Humility is something you will need a lot of, and no, it is not the same thing as humiliation. Also, you need insight into the roles of those around you. A physician's orders alone are not enough to make a patient better. Someone has to carry them out, someone has to create a clean and orderly environment for the work to be done in, someone has to nourish the patient so that they can heal.

If you are already dismissing those other roles as things done by people who just aren't as important as you, then there isn't much hope for you.

Reactions: 14 users
I'm confused. Are you taking issue with a commonly used word to describe providing food to others because it is etymologically related to words whose connotations you dislike? Or is this about your ill-founded classist prejudice? Or did you just completely and totally miss my point while personally exemplifying it?

I will try to clarify all possibilities. Fine dining, fast food, passing out trays in a hospital, putting mashed potatoes on the plate of your child... these are all examples of serving food. Food is what is being served. You are not subjugated to the food. This is more like serving a volleyball. This is a situation where one word has many different meanings. This meaning has to do with distribution of material, not duty to a cause.

Next, your classism is backwards. Poor and lower middle class people often have experience working in service jobs, and tend to be more respectful and appreciative. People who feel entitled to the most and appreciate it the least are those who are accustomed to actually having servants and they get confused. Not all poor people are kind, but many are because suffering breeds compassion. Not all wealthy people are d-bags, not remotely, but those that are can get away with that behavior more than someone who lacks their resources... at least until they push it too far. Reference: http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/04/enter...ulting-intimidating-flight-attendants-charge/

Finally, it is helpful to have some work experiences where you aren't guaranteed that everyone will be grateful, because that will happen when you are a physician. Then, even if you don't have an employer to enforce it, your professional ethics should compel you to forbearance and fulfillment of your duties, even when someone is rude, demanding, or unappreciative. Humility is something you will need a lot of, and no, it is not the same thing as humiliation. Also, you need insight into the roles of those around you. A physician's orders alone are not enough to make a patient better. Someone has to carry them out, someone has to create a clean and orderly environment for the work to be done in, someone has to nourish the patient so that they can heal.

If you are already dismissing those other roles as things done by people who just aren't as important as you, then there isn't much hope for you.

+100.

The fast food industry has one of the worst jobs in the civilized world.
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/shortorder/2014/05/25_reasons_why_working_in_food.php

People who frequent fast food have a genuine problem.

Customers
  1. Some customers were very rude. On the day I mentioned above where I was busy taking orders for 3 solid hours, one guy complained to me that his sandwich didn't have enough cheese on it. I told him we would make him a new one and he could keep the old one if he wanted, otherwise we would have to throw it away. Then he freaked out and told me to throw it away like it was completely inedible.
  2. Some people thought they knew more than me. Some people would try to order something we don't have anymore and I would tell them we don't have it anymore, and every now and then I would get the person that just said "yes you do". There was ONE exception to this when I was fairly new and there was some weird off menu sandwich that I guess we still made, but he was still really rude about it.
  3. Some people in the drive thru would either talk WAY to quite, or would yell.
  4. Some people would tell me they didn't get things I specifically remember giving them.
  5. Some people came to the drive thru with diesel trucks and didn't turn them off.
  6. Some people would take FOREVER to order in the drive thru (we have to take orders and hand out the food in under 150 seconds)
http://jdrewelow303.hubpages.com/hub/Why-working-at-fast-food-places-sucks

and another really good one
http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=23044

The End

FYI
The few times I go to the subway on campus I am probably the nicest customer these people will see all day. I make a point of thanking them and telling them to have a great day. I'm pretty sure they suffer throughout the rest of their shift. Although, the campus subway seems nicer considering it's college students and not say one in the city were people are yelling at them.

Last edited:
Good luck with that attitude.

They would give no s**ts if you didn't like them. They've been there longer than you, know more than you, and have people to back them up.

If they don't do their job they would be fired. If they have an attitude problem that requires constant praise they will be forced to work in a nursing home with no one constantly above them so they can take their anger out on old people.

Most nurses are great and are an important cog in the system. A cog everyone relies on. When that cog becomes a problem, everyone has problems.

EXAMPLE: Nurse doesn't change bedding for her/his entire shift, patient defecates themselves..... They have open blisters and a altered mental status. The nurse comes in just before going home and covers up the crime. Too late the patient gets a nosocomial infection. Is that typical no, but it only takes a few.

-Oh, as for the know more part I've spend more than a few shifts answering questions I thought were common knowledge. I'm not sure how many nurses have a functioning knowledge of blood types.... the general population has that.

this paragraph isn't so much delusion as it is "you're going to get a massive wake up call some day in the future."

.....ok. Well thanks for your response. Fortunately, if I was into arena football the Barnstormers would be my team. So I think we'll just move on.

This wasn't from premeds, but I heard about 7 medical students all agree that MCAT scores are graded on a curve based upon on the day you take it. Which would mean that if you take it on the same day as a bunch of smart people your score will be lower. Enormously false, and now all the pre-meds (about 200) they were talking to will think that their bad score was because they took their test on the wrong day lol.

If they don't do their job they would be fired. If they have an attitude problem that requires constant praise they will be forced to work in a nursing home with no one constantly above them so they can take their anger out on old people.

Most nurses are great and are an important cog in the system. A cog everyone relies on. When that cog becomes a problem, everyone has problems.

EXAMPLE: Nurse doesn't change bedding for her/his entire shift, patient defecates themselves..... They have open blisters and a altered mental status. The nurse comes in just before going home and covers up the crime. Too late the patient gets a nosocomial infection. Is that typical no, but it only takes a few.

-Oh, as for the know more part I've spend more than a few shifts answering questions I thought were common knowledge. I'm not sure how many nurses have a functioning knowledge of blood types.... the general population has that.
None of the things you are saying are remotely relevant to the 'if you are a dick to the nurses, they will not go out of their way to help you' statement you are ostensibly replying to. That 'cog' can easily do their job, work well with other docs/staff, and still pointedly not help you (after all, specifically doing so is not their job), and/or make your life harder. And here's the real kicker...if you're an ass to other people, too, they will either not notice or even appreciate your suffering.
It's not even about being petty or immature. We're not talking 'skip job responsibilities or skimp on patient care' here, we're talking 'go the extra mile to make your coworker's day easier', which...why would you if your coworker talks down to you or treats you like dirt?
The fast food industry has one of the worst jobs in the civilized world.
http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/shortorder/2014/05/25_reasons_why_working_in_food.php

People who frequent fast food have a genuine problem.

Customers
  1. Some customers were very rude. On the day I mentioned above where I was busy taking orders for 3 solid hours, one guy complained to me that his sandwich didn't have enough cheese on it. I told him we would make him a new one and he could keep the old one if he wanted, otherwise we would have to throw it away. Then he freaked out and told me to throw it away like it was completely inedible.
  2. Some people thought they knew more than me. Some people would try to order something we don't have anymore and I would tell them we don't have it anymore, and every now and then I would get the person that just said "yes you do". There was ONE exception to this when I was fairly new and there was some weird off menu sandwich that I guess we still made, but he was still really rude about it.
  3. Some people in the drive thru would either talk WAY to quite, or would yell.
  4. Some people would tell me they didn't get things I specifically remember giving them.
  5. Some people came to the drive thru with diesel trucks and didn't turn them off.
  6. Some people would take FOREVER to order in the drive thru (we have to take orders and hand out the food in under 150 seconds)
http://jdrewelow303.hubpages.com/hub/Why-working-at-fast-food-places-sucks

and another really good one
http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=23044

The End

FYI
The few times I go to the subway on campus I am probably the nicest customer these people will see all day. I make a point of thanking them and telling them to have a great day. I'm pretty sure they suffer throughout the rest of their shift. Although, the campus subway seems nicer considering it's college students and not say one in the city were people are yelling at them.
Yeah, you're the first person who has ever worked a service industry job in this entire thread. These are all shocking revelations that nobody was taking into account when they made their prior posts.
jenniferlawrenceokaythumbup.gif

Besides, of your list, half of those are actual sucky terrible things (sorry mate, service sucks) and the rest are you expecting the customer to magically know how things are on your end (the exact right volume to speak, how loud their engine is to you, the pace your manager expects you to meet, etc).
Everybody knows that service sucks, but medicine is a service industry, at the end of the day, and it's a valuable perspective to have in your pocket.

Also, way to finish BOTH posts with an anecdote about how much smarter and better you are than everyone else.

Reactions: 9 users
None of the things you are saying are remotely relevant to the 'if you are a dick to the nurses, they will not go out of their way to help you' statement you are ostensibly replying to.

That statement was a response to my original post which said after working in a hospital I can see why so many people dislike nurses. That plays no part in what I said so I will continue on and pretend that random statement was never made. The point here is, nurses get a lot of exposure and are depended upon by a large group of people. When one of them has a problem then everyone has a problem. It only takes a few.

Also, to be frank the patient meets the nurse far more than the doctor and if they're an inpatient they really depend on that nurse. If all their nurses during their stay are great except one.... Then that's all it takes.

Yeah, you're the first person who has ever worked a service industry job in this entire thread. These are all shocking revelations that nobody was taking into account when they made their prior posts.

Besides, of your list, half of those are actual sucky terrible things (sorry mate, service sucks) and the rest are you expecting the customer to magically know how things are on your end (the exact right volume to speak, how loud their engine is to you, the pace your manager expects you to meet, etc).
Everybody knows that service sucks, but medicine is a service industry, at the end of the day, and it's a valuable perspective to have in your pocket.

Also, way to finish BOTH posts with an anecdote about how much smarter and better you are than everyone else.

-Not my list, just a quick google search.
-These are valid complaints, I want a belch, a mcburger w/ a dolla menu fries and a mcblizzard stat. All while the radio is on to golden oldies at max volume. They drive up and forget their order. Or the whole you're beneath me, I'm going to speak on my cellphone and expect your above and beyond service.
-Serving fries is not the same as going the extra mile to save a life. Furthermore, those people typically are a lot nicer to you and don't act as if they own you... they treat you as an actual human being.
-The only thing in common with fast food and healthcare is the insufferable people. Nothing else. Getting chewed out is not humbling, or even a worthwhile experience.
-I'm the nicest person to my coworkers ever. Literally new people love training with me, why because I'm younger, more relatable, and oh I don't force feed them anything I just teach them the job and when I fix I mistake I usually say something like I did that myself when I first started (white lies)... From what I hear fast food is mostly getting yelled at by middle aged middle management. (In other words while a hospital worker, such as me, goes out of their way to be nice, a mcboss does not) Just offering my personal take on something, not saying I'm smarter (I've been more than humble).

Status
Not open for further replies.