Funny quotes from "less informed" premeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neurotic pre-meds on WAMC:

"soo guys, I have a 3.96sGPA, 38S, 800 hours of volunteering and shadowing, and I built an orphanage in Africa. Can I get in??? Lolzz"

Wanna shoot them

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm an engineering major, so I don't encounter a lot of pre-meds.
We do have plenty of social gems like the guy that wears a japanese schoolgirl outfit to class and another that wears a squirrel tail.

Wait a minute, the squirrel tail, I've seen a someone wearing this (or at least some kind of animal tail). Is the person asian with glasses?

Members don't see this ad :)
I knew a pre-med who tie-dyed all of his clothes. ALL OF THEM. Not just his t-shirts but his khaki cargo shorts, his baseball caps, and I'm assuming his underwear though I have no evidence to support that. It was like taking OChem with a rainbow.
He must've been REAL popular with the ladies :laugh:

I knew a pre-med who tie-dyed all of his clothes. ALL OF THEM. Not just his t-shirts but his khaki cargo shorts, his baseball caps, and I'm assuming his underwear though I have no evidence to support that. It was like taking OChem with a rainbow.

Ha I was in that O-chem class also. He sat in the front row all the time. O you forgot that he tie died his sweatshirt also which he wore EVERY day.

I had a conversation with someone like this. They said they didn't want to go DO because they couldn't do surgery. I just said "Really?" I really have no desire to go around correcting all the other pre meds because that would be a full time job. He is actually going PA now...

Forever-a-first-assist.jpg

Ha I was in that O-chem class also. He sat in the front row all the time. O you forgot that he tie died his sweatshirt also which he wore EVERY day.

I thought you were BSing me for a minute but you are spot on about the sweatshirt. Either you took OChem with me or there are two of this kid.

Neurotic pre-meds on WAMC:

"soo guys, I have a 3.96sGPA, 38S, 800 hours of volunteering and shadowing, and I built an orphanage in Africa. Can I get in??? Lolzz"

Wanna shoot them

I'd be like, "Nope, go Caribbean or DO."

There's this kid at my lame state school who gets all Cs and Ds in pre-reqs. One day he added me on fb, so I checked out his info page. Turns out he is an anatomy TA at Harvard Medical School, and also works at Mass General as a CRNA, where one of his responsibilities is assisting with general surgical procedures. After reading that, I was really impressed with him. Who would have known?

Also, there was a girl in my biochem class who I overheard talking about how she didn't do well on her MCAT, so her plan was to "go to DO school first, and after she graduated then she would apply to medical school". She was nice, so I tried to explain to her that DO school is medical school, and that it is still difficult to get into. I told her that she should look into a kaplan course or something if she was having trouble with the MCAT, to which she replied that she already took the kaplan course 3 times and it only helped her the first time, wait for it... because she went from a 7 to a 10, but the third time she went back down to an 8 (total score, not section average) She said the application process is also BS, because the MCAT is just one part of the applicant, and she is "clearly qualified because she a solid B student". Fantastic, good luck to you.

• Haha
I thought you were BSing me for a minute but you are spot on about the sweatshirt. Either you took OChem with me or there are two of this kid.

Or I am the tie die master himself.... Nope. I really hope there's not two of this kid.

Also, there was a girl in my biochem class who I overheard talking about how she didn't do well on her MCAT, so her plan was to "go to DO school first, and after she graduated then she would apply to medical school". She was nice, so I tried to explain to her that DO school is medical school, and that it is still difficult to get into. I told her that she should look into a kaplan course or something if she was having trouble with the MCAT, to which she replied that she already took the kaplan course 3 times and it only helped her the first time, wait for it... because she went from a 7 to a 10, but the third time she went back down to an 8 (total score, not section average) She said the application process is also BS, because the MCAT is just one part of the applicant, and she is "clearly qualified because she a solid B student". Fantastic, good luck to you.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

CerealSpitting.png

You can't be cereal. A monkey could get an 8 just by selecting random answers!!!

2zz6v6x.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a representation of how little people know about the difficulties of being a premed...

My boyfriend is a psych major. He is going to be graduating a year before me and this is a conversation we had about why I couldnt finish when he did.

Him: This is your fault. You should have taken more classes at once.
Me: I dont think you understand how intense many of these classes are.I still have to take Org 1 and 2, biochem, physio, AND pchem.
Him: You should have taken three of them every summer....

He's right. I should have just taken orgo, biochem, and pchem all at once in a 6 week semester.

This is a representation of how little people know about the difficulties of being a premed...

My boyfriend is a psych major. He is going to be graduating a year before me and this is a conversation we had about why I couldnt finish when he did.

Him: This is your fault. You should have taken more classes at once.
Me: I dont think you understand how intense many of these classes are.I still have to take Org 1 and 2, biochem, physio, AND pchem.
Him: You should have taken three of them every summer....

He's right. I should have just taken orgo, biochem, and pchem all at once in a 6 week semester.
if you really loved him!

There's this kid at my lame state school who gets all Cs and Ds in pre-reqs. One day he added me on fb, so I checked out his info page. Turns out he is an anatomy TA at Harvard Medical School, and also works at Mass General as a CRNA, where one of his responsibilities is assisting with general surgical procedures. After reading that, I was really impressed with him. Who would have known?

The only part of this post the average SDNer will remember is "CRNA getting Cs and Ds on undergrad pre-reqs"

Reactions: 1 users
Yesterday I met a pre med who didn't know what SDN is! Ignorant fool!!!!!!!! ;)

Not necessarily. I know of a lot of pre-meds who are in Medical School who didn't have SDN to back them up. Unless you're joking, which case -

lol_wut1.jpg

your schools don't happen to be connected by a network of green pipes?

I didnt until my premed advisor handed me a list of "useful websites" last may before the application cycle started

A favorite of mine, a student in my biopsychology class during a lecture about studying anatomical changes in disease states by looking at mouse brain sections:

'But how do you get the brains?'

They actually raised their hand and asked that in a 200 person lecture...

I saw a white guy wearing a tail on his jeans.

He looked dorky...not nerdy [major difference].
Prob has Asian-envy.

bleargh and GeekChick, I have no clue what y'all are making a reference too.

Answer: 1 tablet PC with cascaded processes

Fail.

No cheating, Ranger. You will not pass this rotation until you can successfully navigate the floors with no less then 18 charts in your arms. Did you hear that? 18 FRIGGING CHARTS!

Actually, our hospital is going to e-chart for everything (as are most of them), so I suspect the days of "chart wrangling" will pass on into lore.

Just like cattle wrangling.

I thought you automatically got 8 points for filling in the scantron?

Scantron? Go back to bed, grandpa. :smuggrin:

Hey now, back in our day you used a scantron and the exam was an 8 hour all day affair. And we had to walk uphill in the snow both ways in bare feet.

Well, that last part's not true.

Er, great one, doc! So why is it called a boner if there's no bone? I'd suggest that you get yourself to a high school biology class as soon as possible and learn some basic anatomy. And why is there a pubic bone if it isn't for supporting a boner?

Dude, forget medical school. You're not touching me if that's the extent of your knowledge of human anatomy.

Oh dear.....

Er, great one, doc! So why is it called a boner if there's no bone? I'd suggest that you get yourself to a high school biology class as soon as possible and learn some basic anatomy. And why is there a pubic bone if it isn't for supporting a boner?

Dude, forget medical school. You're not touching me if that's the extent of your knowledge of human anatomy.

I actually spent a good amount of time convincing a friend of mine that there is no bone in the human penis.

Friend: OF COURSE there's a bone. You can break your penis, can't you?
Me: I'm pretty sure you can rupture the tissue but it's not a break in the sense that a bone has been broken
Friend: No, I'm almost positive there is a bone.
Me: Then where does it go when the penis isn't erect?
Friend: Uh, I don't know, it just gets soft?
Me: I HAVE TAKEN ANATOMY AND HANDLED DOZENS OF CADAVERIC PENISES AND I CAN ASSURE YOU THERE IS NO BONE.
Friend: Hahaha, ew, you touched a dead guy's junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.