Future DVMs- C/O 2021!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email today saying I was verified.. But I also got one that said I was verified on Wednesday?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted VMCAS a week ago and TMDSAS three days ago. I always submit things early out of habit/paranoia.
Kinda regretting it because I could have delayed submissions to rack up an extra 10-15 hrs in LA med... :( I did not think this through well enough.

someone please tell me everything will be okay

Everything will be ok! 10-15 hours doesn't seem like enough to make or break your application. They'll still love you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I applied to 7, but on my app it says everything has been verified and received by the schools.

Yes. I applied to 7, but on my app it says everything has been verified and received by the schools.

Weird! I wouldn't worry too much it sounds like a glitch. You can always call them to make sure

Reactions: 1 user
They finally received and processed my transcript! And I got an email that they approved me for the reimbursement program. Best thing that has happened to me all week. :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
I've just noticed that my GRE percentiles changed (no idea when that happened). Do I need to update those in the application? Mainly I'm asking about the section in program materials where I had to upload a copy of my score report... should I print a new copy, scan and upload that? Is it important to upload the newest report even though they have my official report anyways?

I've just noticed that my GRE percentiles changed (no idea when that happened). Do I need to update those in the application? Mainly I'm asking about the section in program materials where I had to upload a copy of my score report... should I print a new copy, scan and upload that? Is it important to upload the newest report even though they have my official report anyways?

yeah gre updated the percentiles a month or so ago so if you submitted before then your gre percentiles will be slightly different (my quant went down one and my verbal went up one). Not sure what the right answer is, but I'm not going to resubmit anything. Your actual scores stayed the same, which is what I think most schools look at rather than the percentiles so I'm just going to leave it alone.

I didn't upload GRE scores last year because my school's supplemental has the official scores already. I don't think we need to give VMCAS our scores . . . Right?

I didn't upload GRE scores last year because my school's supplemental has the official scores already. I don't think we need to give VMCAS our scores . . . Right?

It's just part of the program materials section for Michigan State. They have us upload a copy of our score sheet... I think the explanation they give is so that they have our scores when we send the application just in case they're still waiting on the officials? I don't know. It doesn't seem very necessary to me but what do I know.

Yeah, VMCAS's app cost is what sucks the most. My mom thought I shouldn't even bother this year and just wait until next cycle (by which time I will have completed the first year of this VETT program), but I see no reason to completely sit this one out when I've made so many changes over the past year (few new As, an internship, some more vet hours, GRE retake, enrolling back at school full-time...nothing huge since this semester won't factor into this cycle's GPAs, but still).

Plus, by the time she said this I'd already started the app and arranged LORs and all that, so it's not like I'd say "whoops nevermind, throwing my app out" :p So she suggested cutting the list down instead...I'm already down to 3 from last year's 4. I started comparing OSU and WSU's recent statistics to see if I could stand to drop one of those and save $100, but they seemed pretty similar...I just don't know. Any insights into what things they value? (I'll check out last cycle's accepted stats threads)

Yeah, VMCAS's app cost is what sucks the most. My mom thought I shouldn't even bother this year and just wait until next cycle (by which time I will have completed the first year of this VETT program), but I see no reason to completely sit this one out when I've made so many changes over the past year (few new As, an internship, some more vet hours, GRE retake, enrolling back at school full-time...nothing huge since this semester won't factor into this cycle's GPAs, but still).

Plus, by the time she said this I'd already started the app and arranged LORs and all that, so it's not like I'd say "whoops nevermind, throwing my app out" :p So she suggested cutting the list down instead...I'm already down to 3 from last year's 4. I started comparing OSU and WSU's recent statistics to see if I could stand to drop one of those and save $100, but they seemed pretty similar...I just don't know. Any insights into what things they value? (I'll check out last cycle's accepted stats threads)

Did you do file reviews at either school?

Members don't see this ad :)

Well I'm not sure if it matters to you but OSU (Ohio) takes way more OOS than WSU, I'm not sure if you are OOS but that might be worth considering. If you're talking about Oregon than never mind I'll sit quietly in a corner and be ashamed ;).

Well I'm not sure if it matters to you but OSU (Ohio) takes way more OOS than WSU, I'm not sure if you are OOS but that might be worth considering. If you're talking about Oregon than never mind I'll sit quietly in a corner and be ashamed ;).
Yep, Ohio! don't worry, you were right ;) That's definitely a plus in Ohio's favor. I think from a chart I saw somewhere, Ohio has the largest class size/number of seats and Oregon the smallest of US vet schools?
I'd be sad to cut either since I think both OSU and WSU have the opportunity for resident tuition after first year...A&M is my IS, but couldn't apply there due to different prereqs (the downside of having gone out-of-state for undergrad...I could possibly apply next year if I get those classes done next summer).

3/3 evaluators are IN! Sent my VMCAS application to 4/5 of my schools (still waiting to get a head shot for UF). GRE scores sent!

This would be perfect if I wasn't the idiot who forgot that supplemental ESSAYS were a thing. Aka I have to write all of NC State's and VAMD's, and the diversity statement for Florida. (On the bright side, if I don't get in, at least I'll know not to wait so late next time!)

Multiple. All 3 three years. The money part of it sucks but I figure that things probably work out the way they are supposed to in the long run lol
Same here. But if I hadn't gotten accepted anywhere last cycle I would have moved on, partly due to the cost of applying.

Same here. But if I hadn't gotten accepted anywhere last cycle I would have moved on, partly due to the cost of applying.
I totally understand that. I was going to give myself 1 more cycle. And I might have done it by gaining residency in a state since I was applying OOS everywhere.

For the transcript entry, should we abbreviate the course title so it fits the space visually or just the character limit (which is super long)? Hopefully that makes sense haha

For the transcript entry, should we abbreviate the course title so it fits the space visually or just the character limit (which is super long)? Hopefully that makes sense haha

If it's a really long title, usually the transcript will abbreviate it. You need to enter it exactly as it appears on the transcript. For instance, I have Principles of physics: Electronic & Magnetic (or something), and my transcripts abbreviated that to Princ of Phys: E & M. Does yours do something similar?

yes I just copied it exactly as they abbreviated it, but some were still long. Also, should I mark classes that I got a P for (pass) as CR (like for AP) or P? They were all classes where grading was P/NP.

yes I just copied it exactly as they abbreviated it, but some were still long. Also, should I mark classes that I got a P for (pass) as CR (like for AP) or P? They were all classes where grading was P/NP.

I marked it as CR but mine weren't pass or fail, they were AP though. Long is ok, as long as it doesn't get truncated, you won't be able to see the whole title, but it will still be there if you highlight it and drag to the right.

Welp, VMCAS application is officially submitted. Any one else immediately second guess all of their essays and personal statement as soon as you hit the button?

Reactions: 2 users
So I submitted one of my 2 transcripts and it arrived July 22nd. Do they verify them at the same time?

I think you have to all transcripts in to be in line for verification. At least that was what I was told last year. Could be different this year though so best to just ask VMCAS if you can't find the answer written somewhere.

Mark them as P. I had both P/F and CR/ no CR classes and marked them how they were on my transcripts.

Submitted!

and cringing now that I can't change things.

I still have one LoR that needs to be submitted and she keeps panicking and thinking it's late - I told her that I'm procrastinating just as hard so it's not a problem. I'm almost done with all the supplemental essays, but I still need to go over everything I submitted at least 86 more times.

So... I submitted and immediately found a typo despite going over my statement a million times and having several other people read it as well. It's a very small thing but it still bums me out that I can't fix it now. Guess that's a sign that I need to stop looking. It's out of my hands. What's there is there. No reason to stress myself. Easier said than done. ;)

Thanks everyone and so far and sorry yet another question lol- for last 45 is post-bac counted towards it or is post-bac jut counted in overall GPA?

ImageUploadedBySDN1472267493.012642.jpg
when supplemental applications are due really soon, but you just really really want to take a bath...

An excellent use of time. I've been writing out outlines/drafts when work gets boring and I don't want to pay attention.

An excellent use of time. I've been writing out outlines/drafts when work gets boring and I don't want to pay attention.

I used to work out really hard chemistry equations in the shower with a wet erase marker and I always had a different perspective in it, so I like working out things in the shower instead of doing nothing.

And verified. I submitted on Sunday night if that help anyone.

Do you have to submit to be verified - with regards to transcripts? Or do they begin verifying after you submit and finalize transcript entry (I thought this was the case)?

Do you have to submit to be verified - with regards to transcripts? Or do they begin verifying after you submit and finalize transcript entry (I thought this was the case)?

You have to submit and have all of your transcripts received and processed to be put in the line to be verified. So for example, I submitted my app this last Sunday, but my last transcript wasnt processed until Wednesday. So I'm hoping to be verified by Monday or Tuesday.

How will we know when each individual school receives our GRE scores? Thank you!

To those of you who have submitted...

How long did your application say "awaiting materials" rather than "verifying"? I submitted yesterday evening and I wasn't concerned about it initially because I remember it took a couple hours to switch last year after they got my transcript. But now it's the next morning and it still says awaiting materials even though they have my transcript (and have had it since May). Just trying to figure out if this is normal or if I need to call.

How will we know when each individual school receives our GRE scores? Thank you!

I think it lists the date they were sent on MyGRE but aside from that if your school isn't set up with VMCAS I don't think you'll get a notification or anything. So if you're doubting you can check with the school.

How long did your application say "awaiting materials" rather than "verifying"? I submitted yesterday evening and I wasn't concerned about it initially because I remember it took a couple hours to switch last year after they got my transcript. But now it's the next morning and it still says awaiting materials even though they have my transcript (and have had it since May). Just trying to figure out if this is normal or if I need to call.

Mine said that for a few days. HOWEVER I only had 2 LORs in at the time, and it switched over to verifying when the third submitted. I'm not sure if this was a coincidence and it just took them a few days to get to it, or if they needed that third LOR.

I think it lists the date they were sent on MyGRE but aside from that if your school isn't set up with VMCAS I don't think you'll get a notification or anything. So if you're doubting you can check with the school.
It is the weekend so I imagine things might take a little longer. Depends on how automated their system is.

It def took a couple hours if not a day. I think I submitted on a sunday and it took until monday for it to say "verifying". I'm assuming they aren't working on the weekends so you might have to wait until monday.

So question about letters - I applied to Tufts, which requires a letter from a professor, but that letter I know isn't quiiiiiiite as strong as my others (he just didn't work with me that much, but I graduated 3 years ago and he was the most recent prof that was familiar with me) - anyway is there a way to submit that letter only to the school that wanted a professor, or does every school see every letter regardless of the number they claim to want?