Future DVMs- C/O 2021!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the verificaiton front, I submitted Saturday at 1am and got my verification email today around noon!

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh... should I call/email or just wait this out? I've been submitted and supposedly verifying for longer than quite a few people who I know have been verified by now. Its really making me nervous that somethings not right. :(

Ugh... should I call/email or just wait this out? I've been submitted and supposedly verifying for longer than quite a few people who I know have been verified by now. Its really making me nervous that somethings not right. :(
There's no harm in calling to make sure nothing's holding it up

Members don't see this ad :)
Will it show all of the schools that have received my GRE scores on the VMCAS application?? Because I've sent my GRE to 5 schools and it only says Florida received it..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Will it show all of the schools that have received my GRE scores on the VMCAS application?? Because I've sent my GRE to 5 schools and it only says Florida received it..

Only the schools that have a VMCAS GRE code. Some schools have the GRE scores sent straight to them.

Yeah I had to email individual schools to make sure they got them

Did VMCAS receive your official score report for GRE? If so, just FYI that writing it in will appear redundant on your printed application. I wrote in my GRE score to be thorough, but when I printed my application I realized they literally put my official score right above what I manually entered (picture attached). I don't think it will hurt to enter it, but just a heads up that this is what it will look like.

I see.. That's ok though! WOW those are amazing scores, congrats!

Verified! Submitted Sunday night/Monday morning, 9/5 at 12:52 am (not that I am counting or anything). Just got an email from VMCAS.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As an update - I called the GRE people and the lady basically read me the score report page I already have access to. She said the scores were pending cause they got resent (at first she kept saying I had resent them buuuuut that is not true) and that VMCAS should receive them either this Friday or next Friday. If they aren't there in a few days I guess I'll just call back and be more stern or something. It's hard to take a firm line with the call people cause I know this is hard for them and isn't their fault but stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill. I need my scores to be sent the way I paid for them to be sent.

i submitted 8/22, called about 3-4 times and it took until 9/1 before it got switched from awaiting materials to verifying.. and i'm still waiting to be verified as well. called today to ask and make sure everything would be verified and they said it should be given to a verifier "soon".

Quick question regarding supplementals.... On average are you all using all the characters allowed? On a few I can answer their questions in 1/3 the space given.

Quick question regarding supplementals.... On average are you all using all the characters allowed? On a few I can answer their questions in 1/3 the space given.

Brevity is the soul of wit :p. Im having to cut down basically all of mine, but writing concisely is something I struggle with. I wouldnt worry about it

Brevity is the soul of wit :p. Im having to cut down basically all of mine, but writing concisely is something I struggle with. I wouldnt worry about it

And tediousness the limbs... I love a little Shakespeare :smuggrin: writing succinctly is my speciality! Thank you for the words of wisdom!

Ahhh just submitted 2 out of 3.... just one more supplemental essay standing in my way. Anyone else feeling excited and terrified all at the same time? :p

Reactions: 1 users
Where exactly can I see if my scores have been received? I'm getting a little worried about whether I sent them correctly.

Where exactly can I see if my scores have been received? I'm getting a little worried about whether I sent them correctly.
You can email schools that don't have a VMCAS code and find out if they received them.

I called OkState and they said to check with VMCAS.. So I'm not sure. I sent the scores in March so I'm worried they might not be there

Hi everyone, I'm new to SDN (but have been browsing the forums for a while). This is my second time applying and I applied to 15 schools. I'm really excited for this cycle, but I'm super nervous about interviews :scared:. Anyways, I wish everyone the best of luck!

Hi everyone, I'm new to SDN (but have been browsing the forums for a while). This is my second time applying and I applied to 15 schools. I'm really excited for this cycle, but I'm super nervous about interviews :scared:. Anyways, I wish everyone the best of luck!
Wow 15!! Good luck and nice to meet you :)

Yeah its a lot :laugh: not sure if it will actually improve my chances of getting in, but I hope so! Nice to meet you too!

If anyone is interested, I applied to: UC Davis (I'm a California resident), Texas A&M, Mizzou, Oklahoma, Tufts, VAMD, Kansas, Minnesota, Cornell, Oregon State, Washington State, Colorado, Michigan, Western, and Midwestern :banana:

Yeah its a lot :laugh: not sure if it will actually improve my chances of getting in, but I hope so! Nice to meet you too!

If anyone is interested, I applied to: UC Davis (I'm a California resident), Texas A&M, Mizzou, Oklahoma, Tufts, VAMD, Kansas, Minnesota, Cornell, Oregon State, Washington State, Colorado, Michigan, Western, and Midwestern :banana:

:smack:

Ahhh, I submitted my application to 4 schools and I'm nothing just nervous! Working two veterinary jobs, more various animal experience, and retaking quite a few classes hopefully helped my application this year. I know it's only been a day or two, but wow I hope my application can get verified quickly. Everything else was submitted before August and all I was waiting for was those eLOR to turn in. Fingers crossed the application will be verified by the beginning of next week!
x.x one can only hope.

Schools applying to are: Ross, St. George, Midwestern, and Western.

Some schools mentioned that the materials needed to be submitted and received by Sept 15, does that include the verification of VMCAS too?

Anyone else frustrated that some schools are not extending their deadline for GRE scores??? I am very worried....

Ahhh, I submitted my application to 4 schools and I'm nothing just nervous! Working two veterinary jobs, more various animal experience, and retaking quite a few classes hopefully helped my application this year. I know it's only been a day or two, but wow I hope my application can get verified quickly. Everything else was submitted before August and all I was waiting for was those eLOR to turn in. Fingers crossed the application will be verified by the beginning of next week!
x.x one can only hope.

Schools applying to are: Ross, St. George, Midwestern, and Western.

Some schools mentioned that the materials needed to be submitted and received by Sept 15, does that include the verification of VMCAS too?

Verification continues past the deadline for all those who submitted by the deadline! Just submit by September 15th and you'll be good.

This is sooo frustrating. I checked my VMCAS status for the GRE. 2 out of 5 have been received and 1 of the 2 is for a school I'm no longer applying to. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Verification continues past the deadline for all those who submitted by the deadline! Just submit by September 15th and you'll be good.

Thank you so much, this helps calm most of my worries for this application period. Some have the colored and BOLDED "received by" and that got fears going.
Good luck to you all for this application period!

Reactions: 1 users
I have everything ready to submit for TMDSAS I just.. have to push the button and pay the $. I need to talk to my boss though because he is the only letter writer who didn't respond to my email asking if they had all gotten an email from TMDSAS so there is a chance he gave me the wrong email to send it to, or I misheard him. That would be a bad thing.

I would love to have a few more readers on my personal statement but I don't know that I'll find them. I know everyone is busy.

I'm starting to feel that last-minute stress. I'm worried about one of my requested LORs, the one from a former professor/advisor. She served as one of my LOR writers last cycle, and also for the VETT program I'm now enrolled in, but never started this year's VMCAS one. I sent the original request back in May. I emailed to follow up with her last night (as well as accidentally resending the VMCAS request), but have no response as of now, and being a week from deadline this worries me. I really should've followed up last month (if not the month before that), but with my internship this summer and now back in school, time just got away from me. If worst comes to worst I can get a different 3rd LOR, but it wouldn't be from a teacher or as good (it's only the 3rd week of school so I don't know any of my current instructors well enough to ask them for a letter). :unsure:

I have a friend who's switching from computer science to apply to vet school because she "likes animals and wants to help them". So I've essentially spent the last month sending her photos of lost causes, showing her the worst parts of this field, and showing her the VMCAS so she has a realistic approach to what's ahead. Am I a terrible person?

I am done! Last LOR went up tonight and now everything is in the hands of the admissions committee.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I would love to have a few more readers on my personal statement but I don't know that I'll find them. I know everyone is busy.

Hit up the PS reader thread, might be a few readers still lurking.

I'm starting to feel that last-minute stress. I'm worried about one of my requested LORs, the one from a former professor/advisor. She served as one of my LOR writers last cycle, and also for the VETT program I'm now enrolled in, but never started this year's VMCAS one. I sent the original request back in May. I emailed to follow up with her last night (as well as accidentally resending the VMCAS request), but have no response as of now, and being a week from deadline this worries me. I really should've followed up last month (if not the month before that), but with my internship this summer and now back in school, time just got away from me. If worst comes to worst I can get a different 3rd LOR, but it wouldn't be from a teacher or as good (it's only the 3rd week of school so I don't know any of my current instructors well enough to ask them for a letter). :unsure:

Get in touch with them asap. Let them know you understand they're busy and how appreciative you are they're writing for you but the deadline is soon. They may not have received the email, other technical difficulties, etc. so try to be a smidge patient but get that back up letter just in case.

I have a friend who's switching from computer science to apply to vet school because she "likes animals and wants to help them". So I've essentially spent the last month sending her photos of lost causes, showing her the worst parts of this field, and showing her the VMCAS so she has a realistic approach to what's ahead. Am I a terrible person?

Yes you are but be proud of it. There's more to the field though. She won't have those emotional experiences that really test you. Like a client's puppy suffering from systemic infection, barely holding itself together from one agonizing breath to the next and knowing that it's going to have to be euthanized because it's not fair to let it live like that. And that's just one example of many that can wreck your mind over time unless you learn to deal with it

Reactions: 3 users
Once we're verified (which I am), where can we see how VMCAS has calculated gpa? Will a new tab pop up under status? (Sorry if someone's already asked this before)

Once we're verified (which I am), where can we see how VMCAS has calculated gpa? Will a new tab pop up under status? (Sorry if someone's already asked this before)

You would have to go under My Programs and then View PDF. It's the page right after your transcript.

It's your last 45 semester hours GPA, if that's your senior year then yes. If that's two years then yes.

Ah I'm stupid. Okay thank you. I thought they would designate a line for the last 45 since all the schools look at that.

My GPA on the Iowa State website is different from any of the ones on VMCAS, so I think the schools calculate that maybe?

Yes the schools generally calculate their applicants GPA's as each school looks at different classes