FYI: Sending Transcripts WITHOUT Transcript Request Form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jHustle

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone is wondering, it is not required to send in the transcript verification form for aamc. Of course, if you are able to, then by all means use it; just don't be nervous or fearful if your school doesn't attach it or if you're doing it online

I just had my school send mine via an online service last week. The only way I could send the transcript form was to fax it or mail it in. Since I was too lazy, I just added my AMCAS ID into the mailing section of the "TO" address

tldr; If you can't attach the transcript request form to your transcripts, don't worry.

When you send them, use this as the mailing addresss

AMCAS, attn: Transcripts
AAMC Med School Appl Svcs
AMCAS ID: 12345678
P.O. Box 57326
Washington, DC 20037

This is EXACTLY what I did for both my of schools' transcripts and they both arrived within a couple days and I received a notification from amcas about both.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I did the same thing. With the same results. Just include your AMCAS id# in the TO address and you're set.

Damn! I should have done this! Why didn't you say something earlier lol! Just ordered transcripts to TMDSAS and AMCAS without my ID's. Doh!

Members don't see this ad :)
Its still good without the id. Just might take longer to match it up.

omg, I wish I knew this before! I could have had my transcript sent 2 weeks ago!

My stupid registrar only mailed the request form to AMCAS and not an official transcript. I can't wait to get them on the phone on Tuesday.