GA Wet Lab/Practical Exam January

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lfc-2086

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anybody that has taken the GA wet lab/Practical exam have any tips at all as to how to prepare for the exam? I am a pharmacist reciprocating form North Carolina and now have to take the practical exam too. What did you study? What can be expected and how difficult is the exam?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

There's a post that I found here long ago, very helpful. I have attached it.

Attachments

• preparation for georgia practical.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,141
Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know if they really take 4-6 weeks to mail you the results?

If you go online to the board's website you can check your application status by logging in and viewing your checklist. Mine got updated today. It will at least let you know if you passed while you wait for them to actually mail the results.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey hennatx! I see that the only thing that updated is the application complete line and now it says completed as of yesterday. Does that refer to the practical exam then?

I think the only two that apply to the practical exam score are the: practical examination score and the exam pass letter. Here is a screenshot of what my checklist looks like.

upload_2014-2-10_12-53-45.png

Hey guys,

Does anybody that has taken the GA wet lab/Practical exam have any tips at all as to how to prepare for the exam? I am a pharmacist reciprocating form North Carolina and now have to take the practical exam too. What did you study? What can be expected and how difficult is the exam?

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

I am not in your same situation! reciprocating from NC, and have no clue what to expect with this practical. How was it? were the compounds complicated? Were E and O bad? Thanks for any advice!!

I recently took the wet lab exam. I find it very subjective, it is gear toward Georgia graduate. Most especially the compounding if not bias. E & O - Either get it right or wrong, Patient care module, so long as you able to find so many number of wrong thing then you are fine. The compounding doesn't really test your compounding skill. It more so test how you divide, add and subtract. As long you understand your compounding from pharmacy school you should be fine. Just don't make a mistake in your calculation. I find it crazy, you should be able to use a calculator. where can't you use a calculator this days??? 20th century, not preschool!!! I feel it is a way of a GA board of pharmacy making extra money. Pharmacy school are taking in more student, hard to find job after graduating. Pharmacist are work hard without any benefits. It is not a difficult exam if you study. Just pray you have the right person review you exam (compounding), it can basically determine if you pass. Be careful to review your multiplication/division skills lo. If they really want to test your compounding skill you should be allowed to use a calculator. It will have been nice to see some diversity in those who grade the exam. it is also long exam. expect your whole day gone. Offered only three times a year. The board of pharmacy should do something about this. If you are going to make an exam universe, please think about everyone.Grading scale has changed, time reduced for compounding section. and even more biased because of the saturation in jobs. Pharmacy school increase money hunger, job down, more student. Every afraid for their jobs.
Again it not a difficult exam, it is just a subjective one. and from what I heard and my opinion not fairly graded.

EKIPharm