Gainesville Living

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FauxxFox

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this as a lot of the threads I am finding are a bit older.

I've been accepted to UFCVM and am wondering of some good apartments/places to live in the area relatively close to the veterinary school that are also pretty quiet. I know some complexes have more graduate students rather than undergrad, which would be nice, and just wanted some opinions from others on where they live or recommend :)

Members don't see this ad.

I lived in Oxford Manor for a little while on old Archer. It is close to the vet school, quiet, and the apartments are pretty nice. There were a lot of older people that lived in the complex.

I went apartment hunting in Gainesville when my brother moved there. He's at UF for grad school. If I would have gone to UF also, I would have lived at the Laurels, it was definitely my favorite.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking, what's your price point? There's The Bartram right across from the vet school but it's pretty pricey. Also, Wildflower Apartments is 5 minutes away and is pricey too. 20 minutes out is Legacy at Fort Clarke. All are really nice and "luxury". Depends what's you're looking for! When I toured The Bartram I was told its a lot of graduate students from the vet and med school!

If you don't mind me asking, what's your price point? There's The Bartram right across from the vet school but it's pretty pricey. Also, Wildflower Apartments is 5 minutes away and is pricey too. 20 minutes out is Legacy at Fort Clarke. All are really nice and "luxury". Depends what's you're looking for! When I toured The Bartram I was told its a lot of graduate students from the vet and med school!
I had looked online at Wildflower Apartments and the Bartram and they both seem too expensive for what I am looking for, as well as having pet limitations (so I've heard). I have three animals so I have to take that into account as well!

But I do like that those complexes are more for graduate students! That is something I am definitely looking for so I will look in that surrounding area.

I had looked online at Wildflower Apartments and the Bartram and they both seem too expensive for what I am looking for, as well as having pet limitations (so I've heard). I have three animals so I have to take that into account as well!

But I do like that those complexes are more for graduate students! That is something I am definitely looking for so I will look in that surrounding area.
It's hard finding places that will accept three pets, most places only allow two. Most people lie about that sort of thing anyway! Maybe not the best thing to do, but better than parting with a pet!

It's hard finding places that will accept three pets, most places only allow two. Most people lie about that sort of thing anyway! Maybe not the best thing to do, but better than parting with a pet!

It is! Everywhere I looked when I was up there recently only allowed two, except a few places. Two of my kittens came in a "pack" so I jumped from 1 to 3 animals quickly haha.

It is! Everywhere I looked when I was up there recently only allowed two, except a few places. Two of my kittens came in a "pack" so I jumped from 1 to 3 animals quickly haha.
I jumped to a pretty high number haha don't even ask! Those damn adoption events! I hate lying and feeling paranoid but I saved lives so it's all good right? Right. Every place I ever found either allows no pets or two!