Gap between Chem 1 and 2 help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kalle001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking chemistry 2 in the spring and it has been two years since I have taken chemistry 1. Any advice on how to prepare myself? I feel like I don't remember anything from chemistry right now.

My friend who just graduated gave me her old MCAT books so I was considering going over the chemistry one.

I just want to spend the next semester doing whatever I need to do to prepare for the class so I can do the best I can. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Pick up EK1001 chemistry and go through it doing all the problems....it will be a big help

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You'll be fine. What I would do is find the book your school is using, a syllabus for any chem1 course, and browse through the text and do some questions. You'll probably do well in chem2 with decent algebra skills alone. You'll be glad when you see a concept question because those tend to be easier.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm taking chemistry 2 in the spring and it has been two years since I have taken chemistry 1. Any advice on how to prepare myself? I feel like I don't remember anything from chemistry right now.

Just finished Chem 1 & Chem 2 (literally, yesterday for Chem 2). Based on what I saw I'd say brush up on your basic algebra skills (logs, rearranging equations, quadratic formula) and some basic chem stuff (converting b/w grams and moles, periodic table trends, molarity). When you actually start the class I'd suggest supplementing your class lectures with Khan Academy.

I felt that Chem 2 was a little easier than Chem 1.

Reactions: 1 user