Gap year between undergrad and pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you take a gap year?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

amam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who took a "gap year" what did you do? I'm guessing mostly tech work? What did you personally like and dislike about the gap? Yes, I know this has been asked many times, but every year a new cohort does it, so I'd like to know! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I took a gap year to catch up on my bible studies.

Members don't see this ad :)
taking a gap year was probably the best decision I've ever made. looking back, if I had tried to apply to pharmacy school during my senior year of undergrad, I would have had much less informed interview answers and essays, and I would've been way more stressed overall. taking the gap year allowed me to work in a pharmacy setting, give my apps the attention and detail they deserved, and really boosted my interview answers as the "how would you handle ___" questions turned into "how DO you handle ___". after all that, I was accepted into UCSF! 10/10 would gap again :)

I didn't have a gap year. Didn't really see a point to it at the time.

I had no choice, but I worked. Paid stuff off. Went to Vegas and Mexico. Got married. Not in that order.