Gen Ed's At community college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjkelly3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering how bad is it if most of my non-science gen ed's were at a community college. I took my history type gen ed's as well as sociology at community college. I understand that core pre-req's shouldn't be done like this, but these courses don't mean much to me, and I did it so that I could graduate early and save a little money.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately, along with the implementation of the new 2015 mcat, medical schools will no longer accept any community college credits. You'll have to retake them all at a university.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There's nothing wrong with taking General Education requirements at a community college.

In the words of Goro: you're fine, quit fussing. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately, along with the implementation of the new 2015 mcat, medical schools will no longer accept any community college credits. You'll have to retake them all at a university.
Woah. I had no idea. Not that it affects me. But that's still really interesting. Do you have a link?

There's nothing wrong with taking General Education requirements at a community college.

In the words of Goro: you're fine, quit fussing. ;)
Thanks. I thought I was fine but I wasn't positive and wanted to double check