General Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psycho-matic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Gen Chem 1 and 2 in the summer of 2002. I did well in both courses, but don't most pharmacy and med schools require then to be taken within so many years of admission? I should graduate may or december 2009. Would it be wise for me to take these over? Thanks,

Ryan

Members don't see this ad.

I'm running into this problem myself... I took Chem I and II in 1997/98. But so far I'm only running into the problem of this being too old for one of the schools I'm applying to. I would check with the schools you are looking at. Some will let you have older requirements if you've taken upper level courses afterwards, so it really depends on the school (at least for pharmacy).

I'm running into this problem myself... I took Chem I and II in 1997/98. But so far I'm only running into the problem of this being too old for one of the schools I'm applying to. I would check with the schools you are looking at. Some will let you have older requirements if you've taken upper level courses afterwards, so it really depends on the school (at least for pharmacy).

Well one of my biology professors, who has taught for several years, told me if I was serious about getting into medical school, I should to a chemistry minor because the more chemistry you have the better your chances.

Really you just need to research it. Some pharmacy schools have a limit and a lot don't. It all comes down to where you are going to apply. Taking it over might help you do better on the entrance exams though, depending on how much you remember.

I've been told that minors aren't that important...lol. The opinion of what will get you into med or pharm school is really an opinion. Do it because you want to, not because one person told you so. If you are going to get it, then you will. You will be taking a lot of chem anyways that basically equates to a minor.