General MHA Acceptance/Rejection 2012-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all, I paid my deposit for Hopkins last week and was wondering if anyone else has? If anyone's interested send me a message and lets create a facebook group or something. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an acceptance from University of South Florida!! :)

I don't see any rankings on US News for this school (for health management). It is ranked #21 for Public Health though. Does anyone have any info about this school? Don't see many posts on here about their MHA program either.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Congrats to those accepted who have already decided where they will attend!

I just received an acceptance e-mail into UIC's MHA program.

I am having a difficult time deciding between Emory's Health Policy & Management program and UIC's MHA.

I am most concerned with financing my degree and prospects after graduation, just like everyone else. Both schools are pricey; both have a huge metropolitan network.

Emory pros: much, much, much bigger name, 3 semesters, lower cost of living.

UIC pros: might be a more appropriate degree for healthcare consult/admin which is what I think I may want to pursue, closer to "home", though I am not from Illinois.

Is anyone else facing a similar decision? I'd appreciate any advice! PM me please.

If anyone is still following this, there's finally a Hopkins MHA 2015 facebook group. Join up!

I was just wondering if any of you had some input on current, accredited online MHA programs? I am currently a pharmacy student and want to start my MHA so I will graduate with a dual degree. However, I am kind of weary about the online programs.

I have been contacted by a representative from Ohio University, not Ohio State, about their program and I am really interested. However, I would just like to see if anyone has comments, advice, information about either online programs, or this program in general.

Thanks!

Hi all I was here the last MHA cycle, but was not successful in getting an admit. But this time have been lucky, except for the work experience everything else remains the same...i mean my stats.....

Qualification- Bachelors of Dental Surgery
CGPA- 3.67
GRE- Q- 147 , V- 143 , AW- 3
TOEFL- 97
Work experience - 4 yrs (3 yrs clinical and 1 yr non-clinical as patient relationship manager and medical concierge)
(volunteer experience- 2 1/2 yrs in clinical and public health programs)

Applied: GW, SC, UAMS,SDSU, UK ( through SOPHAS) UCF,Texas state uni, uni of Scranton,
Accepted:UCF, GWU,
Interview: Uni of Scranton, Texas state uni
Rejected:Uni South Carolina, Uni Kentuky, UAMS
Waitlisted: SDSU

All comments are welcome....
Decided to attend GWU...anyone else for GWU let me know

Thank you...

Wow, this forum is helping a lot! I was wondering if I could get some opinions from you all? I am set to graduate from OSU as a Biology major (originally set for med school, but recently have decided against it). My GPA is around a 3.0, Gre Quant. 151 and Verbal 152, Writing 4.0. Definitely not good grades/scores.

I was considering applying to the MHA program here at OSU (can't afford to go out of state) but while this is more a business-directed degree, I *think* I would rather go for a policy-directed MPH program, but the only Health Services Management and/or Policy degree offered here at OSU is for those with a preexisting grad degree.

Sooooo... Long story long, based on my scores, grades, and minimal experience what should I do? Should I go ahead and apply to the MHA program because it won't hurt, try and apply elsewhere to get the degree that I REALLY want, get a degree such as an MBA and then apply to the HSMP program if they don't do away with it, or take a year off and retake the GRE/get some work experience?

Just looking for opinions here. The app deadlines for OSU is Saturday Feb. 15 and I have never felt more lost.

Thanks in advance!

Wow, this forum is helping a lot! I was wondering if I could get some opinions from you all? I am set to graduate from OSU as a Biology major (originally set for med school, but recently have decided against it). My GPA is around a 3.0, Gre Quant. 151 and Verbal 152, Writing 4.0. Definitely not good grades/scores.

I was considering applying to the MHA program here at OSU (can't afford to go out of state) but while this is more a business-directed degree, I *think* I would rather go for a policy-directed MPH program, but the only Health Services Management and/or Policy degree offered here at OSU is for those with a preexisting grad degree.

Sooooo... Long story long, based on my scores, grades, and minimal experience what should I do? Should I go ahead and apply to the MHA program because it won't hurt, try and apply elsewhere to get the degree that I REALLY want, get a degree such as an MBA and then apply to the HSMP program if they don't do away with it, or take a year off and retake the GRE/get some work experience?

Just looking for opinions here. The app deadlines for OSU is Saturday Feb. 15 and I have never felt more lost.

Thanks in advance!

Fellow Buckeye here. I highly recommend you pursue the MHA degree at OSU. PM me if you have further/pvt Qs.

-VM

Fellow Buckeye here. I highly recommend you pursue the MHA degree at OSU. PM me if you have further/pvt Qs.

-VM

The more I've read online, the more it seems an MHA is enough to stand alone vs an MPH (seems to require higher degree?). However I really do enjoy policy and am *thinking* as of right now I would like to do something policy-related with the government or something? Why do you say MHA over MPH? I am taking a year off to think over things and get some experience, but I am curious about your perspective. Also, in terms of career, what are you hoping to do?

Hi all I was here the last MHA cycle, but was not successful in getting an admit. But this time have been lucky, except for the work experience everything else remains the same...i mean my stats.....

Qualification- Bachelors of Dental Surgery
CGPA- 3.67
GRE- Q- 147 , V- 143 , AW- 3
TOEFL- 97
Work experience - 4 yrs (3 yrs clinical and 1 yr non-clinical as patient relationship manager and medical concierge)
(volunteer experience- 2 1/2 yrs in clinical and public health programs)

Applied: GW, SC, UAMS,SDSU, UK ( through SOPHAS) UCF,Texas state uni, uni of Scranton,
Accepted:UCF, GWU,
Interview: Uni of Scranton, Texas state uni
Rejected:Uni South Carolina, Uni Kentuky, UAMS
Waitlisted: SDSU

All comments are welcome....
Decided to attend GWU...anyone else for GWU let me know

Thank you...
How are you liking/did u like GWU?

Hey I am attending GWU (MHSA) for fall 2013. Where are you from? what is your Ugrad major?
How do u like the program?? D.C area so far? I just interviewed with them this morning.