General Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocJohnZoidberg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first thread on the forum (been a lurker for the past year and a half), but I wanted to say thanks to all who contribute here. Reading through current posts as people make them as well as looking at older ones over the past few years has overall been really encouraging to me as I first considered declaring pathology and as I've gone through the application process this year.

Speaking of looking at older posts, I want to make a shout out to Yaah for the suggestion of Cells, Tissues, and Disease: Principles of General Pathology from way back when in http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/good-pathology-books.161183/ . I'm enjoying reading it during down time on days off on my ER rotation and look forward to reading more of it when I finish rotations at the end of this month.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, that book is so fantastic. Dr Majno passed away a few years ago, he was a wonderful man. I miss him. I never had a better teacher. Terrific scholar and human being. I was a member of the last class that he taught. And on his last day of teaching, he talked about the importance of a balanced life and culture, and ended earlier and brought out a musician to play for us. I went to talk to him after I had decided on pursuing pathology as a career and sat and talked with him for a long time - will never forget that. That book represents a lot of his collected wisdom, a useful perspective on medicine and nature that is so very different from other perspectives. It's just a great read, which is something one can never say about a science text.