Genetic Basis of Schizophrenia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Faith based medicine requires faith based mantras....... endlessly repeating that discoveries are just around the corner is contrary to what all the science is actually saying.... nothing is on the horizon from a scientific perspective that is ever going to make the slightest bit of difference to peoples lives.

Oh well.... getting into medical madrassa takes some gritty determination...... accepting that choosing psychiatry at the end of it is akin to accidentally joining the moonies at the last minute isn't going to be an easy pill to swallow.....

Anyway good luck with it all..... in 20 yrs come back and tell me I was wrong..... thanks to the internet this thread will still be available....

Members don't see this ad.

Veering this back towards the original point of this thread, I think it's a very exciting time for schizophrenia genetics. While the newer AJP paper is interesting, I feel like the paper from June of this year is Nature is a much more important and stronger in terms of methodology.
Should have published it in Hello magazine where it belongs.....

Faith based medicine requires faith based mantras....... endlessly repeating that discoveries are just around the corner is contrary to what all the science is actually saying.... nothing is on the horizon from a scientific perspective that is ever going to make the slightest bit of difference to peoples lives.

Oh well.... getting into medical madrassa takes some gritty determination...... accepting that choosing psychiatry at the end of it is akin to accidentally joining the moonies at the last minute isn't going to be an easy pill to swallow.....

Anyway good luck with it all..... in 20 yrs come back and tell me I was wrong..... thanks to the internet this thread will still be available....

What do you do for a living? And what is it that you actually do along the lines of which you speak?

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you do for a living? And what is it that you actually do along the lines of which you speak?

Good question! Its all a mystery to be honest..... even to me..... I can't explain it..... no one ever asks.... so I never have to come up with an answer..... which is good thing..... its the internet I expect...... everything has gone..... weird. Everything has a value now..... thats how neoliberalism works..... all the representations of value are sloshing around the world in the cloud..... but even then not everything is represented so their is always room to create more value...... and stand under the shower.....

Yeah..... I was at an event the other day..... I asked a billionaire present...... can I borrow billion.....sure he said..... I closed my eyes and he closed his.... you got it he says....got it I says..... then I walked around for a few minutes with that billions buck in my back pocket...... gave it back of course.....didnt keep a dime of it..... like I say the world has gone a bit weird....

It's not mysterious though.

You eat. You live indoors. You use detestable technological means to communicate across multiple time zone in an instant.

By what means to you pay for these things?