George Fox U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golfer05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here going to GFU next year?

Members don't see this ad.

They are in candidacy and have there first class going right now

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if anyone here has heard anything from the George Fox DPT program regarding interviews for 2014 class?

We were suppose to hear by today(Jan 8th), but I have not heard anything, has anyone else? Then again I also do not have the link given to applicants with a completed application through email(accidently deleted it) regarding application status. Anyone else that has applied any chance you could post/send me that link?

We were suppose to hear by today(Jan 8th), but I have not heard anything, has anyone else? Then again I also do not have the link given to applicants with a completed application through email(accidently deleted it) regarding application status. Anyone else that has applied any chance you could post/send me that link?
I was also expecting to hear from them today, but did not get anything! Hopefully soon! Regarding the link: it's useless, there are no information or status update at all!

I'm in the same situation and I haven't heard anything either. I would appreciate it if someone hears something they would post it here.

I was also expecting to hear from them today, but did not get anything! Hopefully soon! Regarding the link: it's useless, there are no information or status update at all!

Well, I guess we're all probably ok for now if none of us has heard anything either way. I'm a little surprised, but I would be shocked if we didn't hear something by the weekend. Good luck to everyone out there, and I wouldn't worry about the link you deleted, it was just for tracking the arrival of the various pieces of the app as far as I could tell.

I checked the gfu dpt website, in the FAQ section it states that interviews are held in late February and early March.

Hi, I am waiting as well to hear from GFU. It's a relief that possibly no one else has heard anything either!

Hi, Im waiting on GFU as well. I received an email in December from them stating they would hopefully send out letters by January 8th. But I still haven't heard anything :(. The email also said if selected for an interview, the dates will be February 14, 15, 21, 22.

Well... they sent an email saying the interview notifications are delayed until the end of this week. At least they are taking time to hopefully make good decisions! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview! :D so excited! I think I am going to do Feb 22. Anyone else?

Yes kstew, I was also fortunate enough to get an interview. I have mine scheduled for Feb 15th. Very excited to say the least! Just curious with you being from Seattle, did you also apply to the Washington schools?

I decided to go with Feb 14 after all. And yes Scottm, I applied to the University of Washington and Eastern Washington University, as well as Pacific University in Oregon. What about you?

For a variety of reasons I'm only applying a GF this year. Also, the way application deadlines fell as I was finishing my undergrad degree this fall, I just wasn't prepared by the Nov. deadlines to be competitive at the other schools. GF is actually my first choice of schools anyway, but limiting my chances in such a competitive field is pretty stressful. If things don't work out there this year, I am going to expand my options for next year to all of the places you mentioned. That's mainly why I was asking, just curious how the application process has gone with those other schools and where you are hoping to attend.

Things are going good for me this year. I have four interviews and still waiting to hear from the Washington schools (they don't do interviews). I am hoping for UW or EWU since they would be in state schools for me, but Pacific and George fox are closer to my home town and would still be part of my top choices. I had to change my interview date for George Fox to Feb 22, due to being assigned an interview date for Pacific. Good luck on the 15!

Things are going good for me this year. I have four interviews and still waiting to hear from the Washington schools (they don't do interviews). I am hoping for UW or EWU since they would be in state schools for me, but Pacific and George fox are closer to my home town and would still be part of my top choices. I had to change my interview date for George Fox to Feb 22, due to being assigned an interview date for Pacific. Good luck on the 15!

Hey Kstew just curious how the interview went for you over the weekend. I was up there this weekend too. Let us know what you thought when you can.

My interview at Pacific went really well. I had to change my George Fox date to Feb 22, so I haven't been there yet. How did the GF interview go for you? Let me know if you want to know anything about my Pacific interview :)

My interview at Pacific went really well. I had to change my George Fox date to Feb 22, so I haven't been there yet. How did the GF interview go for you? Let me know if you want to know anything about my Pacific interview :)

I felt like the GF interview went well. It's difficult to really know whether or not you're giving them what they're looking for, but I think the feedback I got was good and they were very complimentary about my qualifications. I try to keep it all in perspective though, because you know they're great people and probably want to try to make everyone feel good about the process. The whole thing was just lightning quick, and it seems impossible to really hit on all the points you want to discuss about yourself in such a limited time. I understand it, if you're interviewing 100+ applicants you have to keep it short, but I just felt like there was a lot of relevant information that I would have liked to be able to discuss, but couldn't get to under the circumstances. Hopefully it will all work out regardless. The committee members were great though, asked some good challenging questions and were easy to talk to.

Was the Pacific interview process a similar time frame or did they have more time available for applicants?

ms

I was on campus from 10:30 until 3:00 pm, although the actual interview was only 30 minutes. I felt that it was a good amount of time to talk with my interviewer, and I was also able to ask current students questions while on the tour. What kind of questions did GF ask you? Right now I'm leaning toward Pacific for my school of choice.

I was on campus from 10:30 until 3:00 pm, although the actual interview was only 30 minutes. I felt that it was a good amount of time to talk with my interviewer, and I was also able to ask current students questions while on the tour. What kind of questions did GF ask you? Right now I'm leaning toward Pacific for my school of choice.

That's great to hear your experience was so positive. I've worked with two different PTs that went to Pacific and they all have had great things to say. I don't think you can go wrong there but keep an open mind about George Fox. I continue to be very impressed with the people there and their facility is great too. I also really like the idea of their program being so new and the free clinic that they offer to the community.

Without getting into specifics, their interview questions were all the things you would/should expect. In 20 minutes there just isn't time for anything very obscure, and I think they want to get to know you as a person. I'd be interested to hear how the schools compare in your eyes, so if you can, let me know next week what you thought. Good luck in the interview.

Anyone out there planning on attending George Fox?
I am KStew. I was fortunate enough to hear from them already and couldn't be more excited about starting there in August. I was wondering how things went for you. What did you think of the school?

KStew is a different person, but I think you were replying to me. :) I was so impressed with George Fox - the faculty, current students and the facility. I left the interview day with a great feeling about the program. I was accepted also and am so excited - holding off on my deposit to see what happens with Pacific but I know I'll be very happy at GFU! Maybe we'll be classmates!

I got in to George Fox too! I am also waiting to hear from Pacific before I send in my deposit.....I was hoping to hear before the weekend, but hopefully Monday :)...I really do like the program at George Fox, so I would be happy either way!

KStew is a different person, but I think you were replying to me. :) I was so impressed with George Fox - the faculty, current students and the facility. I left the interview day with a great feeling about the program. I was accepted also and am so excited - holding off on my deposit to see what happens with Pacific but I know I'll be very happy at GFU! Maybe we'll be classmates!
Yep sorry, I missed that Kristin but still congrats on the acceptance to GFU. I also feel like they have put together something special there and the opportunity to help build that program is something we can't find many other places. Hope to see you in the fall.

When did you guys hear from them? I'm still waiting

I got a call last Tuesday afternoon. They may wait to get all the deposits before sending out the next round of acceptances! Good luck :)

Ya definitely hang in there. I've heard from various people about being notified but even many of those are awaiting word form other schools before they commit. I'm sure the class is still far from being filled. Good luck, stay positive....