George Mason (GeorgeSquared) Advanced Biomedical Sciences Certificate 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gsk93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Thought I would start a thread for those applying for the 2016-2017 school year. Post any comments, questions, stats, etc.

Any past ABS graduates with any input? This would also be super helpful!

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey i just submitted my application!! did you already apply if so, mind sharing your stats?

Hello!

Best of luck to you! My cGPA is a 3.3. I have pretty solid shadowing and volunteer experiences.

How about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also applying with a cGPA of 3.34 and looking to boost my sGPA. I have a lot of previous health exposure and I am currently working as a clinical technician. Best of luck to you as well :)

That's great! I am sure it will all work out.

Have you heard anything about this program?

That's great! I am sure it will all work out.

Have you heard anything about this program?
no I have not actually. Ive tried to find other post but didnt find much information about it. I know it is fairly new.

Hopefully, we can keep this thread going and get more people involved.
The website shows they have good success in getting people into professional school!

Good luck!
Mind sharing your stats?

Hey guys I just heard back today and got accepted! I had a 3.34 uGPA with around a 3.01 sGPA. I am also still waiting to hear back from other programs. Anyone else applying to other places?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!

I am current student in the ABS program here at George Mason + Georgetown. One of our TAs started a thread if you want to specifically ask him questions, link:
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/th...nced-biomedical-sciences-certificate.1183355/
or if you want to hear from a current student I am more than happy to answer any!

I really have enjoyed this program so far!

Do you personally recommend the program? How do you feel about it and if you can state some pros and cons? Again, thank you for answering all these questions I want to make sure I make the right choice.

I am not sure yet. But I am definitely considering it. I think I am going to take some time to think it over. How about you? Or are you still thinking about some of your other programs?
There are definitely a lot of things about this program that I like! What are your thoughts?

I am not sure yet. But I am definitely considering it. I think I am going to take some time to think it over. How about you? Or are you still thinking about some of your other programs?
There are definitely a lot of things about this program that I like! What are your thoughts?
Yea, I am still thinking about it and waiting to hear back from other programs. Do you know when we have to give an answer by?

No! I don't. I am going to send an e-mail out and see if and when there is a date.

No! I don't. I am going to send an e-mail out and see if and when there is a date.
I really like the program and what I have found out about it so far. Please let me know if you hear back on them and when we have to make a decision by. :) Are you waiting to hear back from other programs as well?

Nope go ahead! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Could you share your experience on the thread? What were the classes and teaching experiences like? I applied for the fall and was accepted. Also, are you going to continue with your masters at Georgetown too?

Hello! Sorry it has taken me a few days to respond, we had a physio exam on Friday.

I think it is a really good program, and I have enjoyed all of the classes so far, and I think most other people have too. All of the professors and TAs are great, and I feel like I have really learned a lot this year in terms of the material and studying. I will be continuing for the masters's degree, and I believe that most students do continue on. Some will be continuing over the summer, and some will finish throughout the next academic year while applying for medical school. Honestly, I really think that this program is only going to continue to get better and better!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all! I, too, received an acceptance offer for the g-squared program, and I was very excited to hear the news! I emailed Dr. Hahn on 01Mar16 but haven't received a response yet. I just wanted to know what the deadline is for me to accept my offer for the program! Anyone get any news?

Congrats!

I am having a difficult time finding that information out, as well. If you find out, could you please post it here? I will do the same:)

Hello all! I, too, received an acceptance offer for the g-squared program, and I was very excited to hear the news! I emailed Dr. Hahn on 01Mar16 but haven't received a response yet. I just wanted to know what the deadline is for me to accept my offer for the program! Anyone get any news?
me too! I would appreciate if you could please let me know when the deadline to accept is as well :)

Congrats!

I am having a difficult time finding that information out, as well. If you find out, could you please post it here? I will do the same:)

me too! I would appreciate if you could please let me know when the deadline to accept is as well :)

Will do, Congrats to you guys for your acceptances!

How did you receive your acceptance? And was it official?(If you don't mind me asking)
I didn't get anything official in the mail, I was just added to the google group. I emailed the university before asking when I would receive an official notice of acceptance/rejection(that was before I knew anything) and they said I should've received it weeks ago. Still nothing.

Hey littleler. I first received an unofficial email from ABS2017 informing me that I was added to the group. This is where I saw the unofficial message stating that I had gotten into the program. Three days later, I received an email from the Mason Graduate Admissions saying that a decision had been made in regards to my application. It had a link that I could click on, which directed me to the account log-in. There was a link available that said "Decision Letter." I guess this is considered to be the 'official' letter.

Hey littleler. I first received an unofficial email from ABS2017 informing me that I was added to the group. This is where I saw the unofficial message stating that I had gotten into the program. Three days later, I received an email from the Mason Graduate Admissions saying that a decision had been made in regards to my application. It had a link that I could click on, which directed me to the account log-in. There was a link available that said "Decision Letter." I guess this is considered to be the 'official' letter.[/QUOTE]

Hmm that's weird. I was added to the group too but didn't receive an email from Mason Graduate Admissions, despite me contacting them.

Hey littleler. I first received an unofficial email from ABS2017 informing me that I was added to the group. This is where I saw the unofficial message stating that I had gotten into the program. Three days later, I received an email from the Mason Graduate Admissions saying that a decision had been made in regards to my application. It had a link that I could click on, which directed me to the account log-in. There was a link available that said "Decision Letter." I guess this is considered to be the 'official' letter.

Hmm that's weird. I was added to the group too but didn't receive an email from Mason Graduate Admissions, despite me contacting them.[/QUOTE]

That's strange. Try logging into the application portal and see if you can find the link that I was talking about.

Also, I sent an email in the generic contact box on the g-squared website. I'm hoping to get a response soon in regards to the deadline to make our decision.

Not to freak anyone out, but I did contact someone I know who is currently in the program, and asked if she remembers when she had to make a decision by. She THINKS that it might've been two weeks, but she says that she could be completely wrong! Let's all pray that's the case. Because I tried looking everywhere, and I couldn't find anything

Hmm that's weird. I was added to the group too but didn't receive an email from Mason Graduate Admissions, despite me contacting them.

That's strange. Try logging into the application portal and see if you can find the link that I was talking about.

Also, I sent an email in the generic contact box on the g-squared website. I'm hoping to get a response soon in regards to the deadline to make our decision.

Not to freak anyone out, but I did contact someone I know who is currently in the program, and asked if she remembers when she had to make a decision by. She THINKS that it might've been two weeks, but she says that she could be completely wrong! Let's all pray that's the case. Because I tried looking everywhere, and I couldn't find anything[/QUOTE]
I've tried logging in many times,I just don't see a link. For a few weeks it just said "decision made", so I emailed admissions because I hadn't heard anything regarding their decision. Unless I'm at the wrong portal I'm not seeing anything. I am going next week to the open house so I'll be sure to ask that question.

Hello everyone. Just got off the phone with Dr. Kamara. She also emailed me back saying that the applicants have two weeks to make a decision after receiving your acceptance

Last edited:
Help everyone. Just got off the phone with Dr. Kamara. She also emailed me back saying that the applicants have two weeks to make a decision after receiving your acceptance

Does that mean the Google doc acceptance or the original acceptance?

Does that mean the Google doc acceptance or the original acceptance?

I have no idea. If I were to guess, it would be the date that is listed on the official letter?

Did anyone accept their offer or is attending their open house?

I accepted mine

Awesome! Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of my soon-to-be classmates! For the rest of you, do let us know if you also accept your offer:)

Accepted today! Was complete on 3/17, and went to the portal this morning to find my decision letter there! Also, from what I've read, I think we have until May 1 to decide. On my letter it said to check out the newly admitted student checklist and on their it said "To confirm your intent to enroll, a deposit of $250 USD is required by the national deposit deadline of Sunday, May 1, at 11:59 p.m. ET."

Also, stats are 3.09 cGPA/2.81sGPA

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today! Was complete on 3/17, and went to the portal this morning to find my decision letter there! Also, from what I've read, I think we have until May 1 to decide. On my letter it said to check out the newly admitted student checklist and on their it said "To confirm your intent to enroll, a deposit of $250 USD is required by the national deposit deadline of Sunday, May 1, at 11:59 p.m. ET."

Also, stats are 3.09 cGPA/2.81sGPA
will you be accepting?

Not sure, I'm still waiting to hear back from some schools. I've been accepted to Case Western and NC States MS in Physiology post bacc programs. Not really considering NCS any more, but definitely am for Case.

Got accepted today, will be attending. Anyone know how many people from the program get accepted into the MS in Physiology at Georgetown in the summer?

congrats to you, cavsfan54!!

Is anyone else attending the fair they are hosting on 30Mar16? Because I will be in attendance:). I will also be staying so that I can sit in on their physiology class.

congrats to you, cavsfan54!!

Is anyone else attending the fair they are hosting on 30Mar16? Because I will be in attendance:). I will also be staying so that I can sit in on their physiology class.
Thankyou!

What did they talk about? and how was the class like?

Also, anyone know of cheap housing options/roomates. Not planning on living on campus due to price issues.

Thankyou!

What did they talk about? and how was the class like?

Also, anyone know of cheap housing options/roomates. Not planning on living on campus due to price issues.

It was just a mini fair where some schools came and answered questions that students may had. I'm glad they had it, since I was able to get a lot of questions answered, and I was able to formally introduce myself to one of the program directors.

The class was nice! The lecture was about respiratory-related topics in a physio class. Lots of material, so we're definitely going to be studying really hard when our classes start.

@py335 and @delri did you guys receive the email for the enrollment deposit of 500? Have you guys submitted yours / know the due date?

I called and they informed me saying i would receive an email later but still haven't heard back.

@py335 and @delri did you guys receive the email for the enrollment deposit of 500? Have you guys submitted yours / know the due date?

I called and they informed me saying i would receive an email later but still haven't heard back.
No i haven't I'm going to email them and ask.

Haven't sent it yet. I was trying to last week but there was some issue with their fax machine. I'm going to try to send it sometime this week!

Anyone looking for a female roommate?

Are most of the incoming students residing on campus ??

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have applied too. Didn't hear anything yet. How long did they take to get back to you with a decision? I applied on May 1

Should I email or call to ask ?

Got accepted today, will be attending. Anyone know how many people from the program get accepted into the MS in Physiology at Georgetown in the summer?
Hey how long did it take for them to let u know about the decision? Did you email or call to know? I applied on May 1 didn't hear anything yet