George Mason University Advanced Biomedical Sciences Program (ABS) reflections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psalms91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good evening all,

I recieved news that I have been accepted into the program and I plan on attending. Just wanted to get some thoughts from a few people who have attended the program on how it was...

What was the schedule like (classes monday-friday)?
How was the course load?
Any recommendations that could help a future student of the program?
Any other thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. I am very nervous so the more information I could get the better. I figure what better way to find out than to ask individuals who have been through it!

Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Good evening all,

I recieved news that I have been accepted into the program and I plan on attending. Just wanted to get some thoughts from a few people who have attended the program on how it was...

What was the schedule like (classes monday-friday)?
How was the course load?
Any recommendations that could help a future student of the program?
Any other thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. I am very nervous so the more information I could get the better. I figure what better way to find out than to ask individuals who have been through it!

Thanks in advance! :)

I'm also interested in hearing the response! I'm currently enrolled for the upcoming school year so I know a bit about the schedule - its 11 credits in all and the MCAT prep will be held throughout the week after regular class periods end:

T= Tuesday R=Thursday

BMED601 Cell and Molecular Physiology (Biochem) TR 1030-1230
BMED602 Biomedical Statistics
TR 130-245
BMED603 Cell Biology and Histoanatomy MW
1030-115
BMED652 Biomedical Career Pathways T
3-415

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also interested in hearing the response! I'm currently enrolled for the upcoming school year so I know a bit about the schedule - its 11 credits in all and the MCAT prep will be held throughout the week after regular class periods end:

T= Tuesday R=Thursday

BMED601 Cell and Molecular Physiology (Biochem) TR 1030-1230
BMED602 Biomedical Statistics
TR 130-245
BMED603 Cell Biology and Histoanatomy MW
1030-115
BMED652 Biomedical Career Pathways T
3-415

I just got accepted as well! Do you know how this GPA would count towards the undergrad GPA?

Hey guys! I graduated from this program a year ago and did very well in it. In the fall, classes were from Monday to Thursday, and in the spring classes were on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. My recommendation to do well is to focus on your grades (I studied 5-6 hours a day outside of the classroom) because this is your last chance to bring up your GPA. The GPA in the program does not count towards your undergraduate GPA. I'm applying to med school this cycle so ill keep you updated. If you have any questions about the program I'd be happy to answer!