georgetown externship - for anybody familiar with their med center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

labelwhore

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi im planning on doing a 1 month externship at gtown this fall. i spoke to dept in charge of scheduling externships and they were unable to provide any recommendations regarding housing.

i was wondering, if anybody is aware of any resources (listservs or forums) to find housing or apartment in the med center area? also, i was wondering if it's possible to do an externship there without having a car...are the hospitals and neighboring areas within walking distance or accessible by public transport?

thx.

Members don't see this ad.

hi im planning on doing a 1 month externship at gtown this fall. i spoke to dept in charge of scheduling externships and they were unable to provide any recommendations regarding housing.

i was wondering, if anybody is aware of any resources (listservs or forums) to find housing or apartment in the med center area? also, i was wondering if it's possible to do an externship there without having a car...are the hospitals and neighboring areas within walking distance or accessible by public transport?

thx.

Check in the Georgetown area, Dupong Circle, and Rosslyn...

Georgetown would be the fastest to get there, followed by Rosslyn, and then Dupont.

Check "river place" in craigslist, it is a nice condo building in Rossyln that sees a lot of turn over so I wouldn't surprised if you could find something there for a month. Good luck!