Georgetown GEMS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here's to hoping some people hear some good news today. Good luck everybody!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hey did you receive a call?

Members don't see this ad.

To those that received a call, first off, congrats!!! Also, did you all meet the gpa and mcat score requirements? Or did you meet one and not the other?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey for the people who got calls, could you let us know when you receive your confirmation email? Hopefully when you do some people might receive calls around the same time? Just wishful thinking lol

Reactions: 1 user
To those that received a call, first off, congrats!!! Also, did you all meet the gpa and mcat score requirements? Or did you meet one and not the other?
Thanks!
BCPM 2.6 and MCAT 30. Just barely met the minimum gpa requirement..

Hey for the people who got calls, could you let us know when you receive your confirmation email? Hopefully when you do some people might receive calls around the same time? Just wishful thinking lol
Sometime before noon on Saturday. Good luck!

Sometime before noon on Saturday. Good luck!

I think focusshots meant if you could let us know when you receive that email confirming when your interview is and stuff. Someone who received an invite (I can't remember who) said you guys were supposed to receive confirmation emails today :)

I think focusshots meant if you could let us know when you receive that email confirming when your interview is and stuff. Someone who received an invite (I can't remember who) said you guys were supposed to receive confirmation emails today :)

Ahh I was reading too quickly. No email yet. They did say we should expect one today.

Nobody has heard anything so far this week?

I just read last years thread and it worries me because I saw only one day where interviews were given out (April 10th) and nothing else. Also rejections were given out as early as mid april so yeah, not to scare you guys but just a possible reality. Anyway theres still 9 more days left, good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to the masters in genetics program at Tulane. How about you?

I got into the Cornell nutritional program and Creighton premed program. I really want to get into gem since i live in MD already.

04/14/16

II received (via phone call)

Last edited:
I just received a call. Interview is next Monday. Yayyyyyy. Keep a look out!

Reactions: 1 users
Omo Yorubaaa!! Lol same here. Any females looking to share a room on Sunday night, let me know please.

Congrats you guys! When did you submit your apps and where do you live?

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! I'll be interviewing on April 18th. If anyone wants to get together on Sunday, let me know!

Just received a call today for an interview offer. Going Monday, the 18th of April. I'm local so I'll be commuting.

Does anyone's application say "in review"? Or something other than complete?

I just checked, and my application just says complete. I also submitted pretty late (early April) BUT I received a complete email within 30 minutes of submission!

I wouldn't worry about it, there's still a good week before interview calls stop going out.

To those interviewing tomorrow and want to get together today, let me know. We can meet up somewhere close to the School of Medicine.

How was the interview?
The day went well. You get a really good overview of the program. Interview was a bit laid back, conversational. Just know your application and experiences inside out. Also, there were lots of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback from the faculty, GEMS students and former GEMS.

The day went well. You get a really good overview of the program. Interview was a bit laid back, conversational. Just know your application and experiences inside out. Also, there were lots of opportunities to ask questions and get feedback from the faculty, GEMS students and former GEMS.

I'm glad you had a good experience! About how many people interviewed?

thanks for the info! did they mention linkage to the med school and how many students from GEMS typically make it?

20 people interviewed and yes, they'll explain it well on your interview day.

Hey is anyone sending out thank you notes?

Thank you

Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow. The wait till May 31st is unbearable. Sigh

You'll get a phone call and a follow up email tomorrow afternoon. Phone call came well after 5pm est today.

Good luck!

Accepted!!!!!! Via phone at 7 pm. Best wishes to you all!

Didn't get in.. sigh. Congrats to everyone who got in.