Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

te7d

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone who interviewed at Georgetown in the past couple months remember when they said they would start notifying us about acceptance/waitlist/reject?

Members don't see this ad.

They said they would contact you 6-8 weeks after your interview.

Has anyone that has reached the 8 week mark heard anything or called the admissions office? I'm at 6 weeks right now...

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm at 6 weeks right now as well, but I think I was there the very first week of interviews. Lulu8, we should be among the first group to hear. I think everything is done snail mail.... so maybe it'll take a while for letters to get to us. good luck!

i'm at 6 weeks right now as well, but I think I was there the very first week of interviews. Lulu8, we should be among the first group to hear. I think everything is done snail mail.... so maybe it'll take a while for letters to get to us. good luck!

Thanks, good luck to you too. What did you think of the school, btw?

Early Oct. they told me plan on 10 weeks..but they also said the committee did not meet until 11/15, so you wouldn't hear anything until after that date. It stuck out in my head, and I wrote it down as soon as I left.
I wish it was before then!

wow, i hope those of us who interviewed in sept were/will be reviewed before 11/15. that's a long time!!

To all of you who interviewed there, what did you think of the school? I have an interview there next Wed and was considering cancelling becuase my teachers are starting to get mad at me missing so much school. Did they mention anything on the interview/tour about the religious aspect of the school?

I loved it..I thought they really gave a great presentation of the school. The program is solid, and every MD I have met from there is a good clinician and has interest in research. The religious aspect of the school does not seem to come into play as much as you would think it would. Any training that may potentially have religious conflict can be done elsewhere... if you really wanted to do abortions, you can just go to GW across town and do all the abortions you want. This is one that I wouldn't cancel, IMO.

Early Oct. they told me plan on 10 weeks..but they also said the committee did not meet until 11/15, so you wouldn't hear anything until after that date. It stuck out in my head, and I wrote it down as soon as I left.
I wish it was before then!

Hmm, I interviewed there the second week of Oct. and I though Mrs. Sullivan said they'd get to our interview group by Nov. 2. Maybe I heard wrong.

It was actually my interviewer that told me it would be 11/15...Mrs Sullivan didn't mention a specific date to us. She told us 10 weeks (which would actually be in December).

Either way, the decision can't come fast enough! I still have 22 outstanding completed applications that I have not heard from...

I'm with the group waiting on 6 weeks (today). I'm pretty sure Mrs. Sullivan told us it would be 6 weeks until we heard. If you check last year's wall of fame, the first georgetown acceptances went out right about now (last week in Oct) and were given by phone call + mail. Guess we should hear something soon!

bump. anyone with news today?

Members don't see this ad :)
no news here... so all acceptances come via phone call? I was expecting to hear via snail mail...

i thought ms. sullivan said everything would be in the mail. but it looks like some people last year were called as well.

Well? Did anyone hear from them today, or was the November 15th date correct?

Well? Did anyone hear from them today, or was the November 15th date correct?

nothing for me, maybe it is the 15th.

nothing for me either...but i still find it hard to believe that nov 15 is the day since they told us 6-8 wks from mid-september. here's to hoping.

Any new news?

nothing yet. maybe next week will be our week?

Hey All!
I've been reading SDN for years now, but I've finally gathered the cajones to step up and offer my $0.02. I interviewed at Georgetown on Sept. 26, and Mrs. Sullivan said that we should hear their decision in 6-8 weeks via snail mail...she didn't mention anything about a phone call.

Thanks for chipping in, Soccerguy! This is my week 6, so i'm hoping to hear something soon. i am on the west coast though, so i will probably be the last to get a snail mail. good luck to everyone who is waiting!

I'm telling you...the 15th is the day!

wow kbear we got interviews at all the same schools. :D

I interviewed the second week of Oct and Mrs. Sullivan also told us 6-8 weeks via snail mail. It was actually after my interview that a fellow interviewee told me that he heard they'll get to our files on Nov. 2nd.

Got the letter today. I'm placed in the "competitive applicant pool" aka on hold until april. Better luck to you all!

saturday good luck bump. i probably won't get anything until monday.... but others should hear more today. good luck!!

well, i got the letter today. big fat REJECTION. ouch. i didn't see that coming! i thought it went pretty well, but i guess not! hopefully things will be looking up...good luck to everyone else!

well, i got the letter today. big fat REJECTION. ouch. i didn't see that coming! i thought it went pretty well, but i guess not! hopefully things will be looking up...good luck to everyone else!

wow... Im sorry to hear that. Is there anything that occurred in your interview that may have caused that? thats pretty random if you thought the interview went well.

bummer! Sorry, SoccerGuy. I still haven't received my letter yet. Maybe more of us will get something in the mail today. :luck: everyone!

FYI for everyone waiting - I got impatient and called the Georgetown admissions office on friday afternoon. The man I spoke to checked my status and said, in a voice that was obviously hiding something, "Your file is with the admissions committee. No decision as been made." What do you guys think that means? Sounds a little waitlist-ey to me....

does seem like it could be a waitlist. or they just haven't gotten to your file. but i was looking in one of the booklets we got and it clearly stated that no decisions are announced over the phone. so maybe he just wasn't allowed to say anything? hopefully we'll get letters soon....

I want a letter too.

the way these admissions committees work just baffles me....it's not logical. How can someone who interviewed on Sep 26 already have a letter, but me, who interviewed several days before that, still be "with the committee?"

seems like they would just go through the applicants in order interviewed and make decisions in a linear, logical way. :smuggrin:

yeah, it's frustrating to wait....

perhaps people get notified out of order if their interviewer was late turning an eval in??? but i am just going to hope my letter is just a few days behind since i'm on the west coast. and Lulu, i bet your letter will come soon, too.

I too am at the 6 week mark and am hoping for a letter in the mail today! Good luck to everyone!

Got the stupid waitlist letter today. HOW LAME!
I thought things couldnt have gone any better than they did on my interview day.

ahhhh so nervous to go home now and check the mail. :scared:

Yep, you know where I live so chances are its waiting for you too. Mine was a thin regular size note.
Freaking stupid.

By it I mean something, not just a waitlist letter. That came out wrong above.

narc congrats on at least being waitlisted. Others have been rejected. I think that G-town waitlists almost everyone that they are going to accept with the exception of just a few so that they can see who else comes along in the next few months. When exactly was your interview at G-town? Mine was 9/27 so I am thinking I will hear soon.

absolutely nothing in the mail for me today. AHHHH where ARE you, Georgetown?!?

wow... Im sorry to hear that. Is there anything that occurred in your interview that may have caused that? thats pretty random if you thought the interview went well.

you know chaldobruin, i really am shocked! i didn't think anything went wrong at all, and mrs. sullivan seemed to like me a lot. she even (jokingly) put me in charge of leading the group when we were beginning our tour! georgetown was my number one school for many reasons, but most importantly because i went to a jesuit high school and truly loved their teaching philosophy of cura personalis. i expressed all of this andi thought that i had made it clear to my interviewer, dr. lane, that i was really excited about georgetown and how much i loved it. i even sent thank-you cards!...well, i guess they weren't as excited about me! oh well, i guess the only thing i can do now is bite the bullet and move on.

you know chaldobruin, i really am shocked! i didn't think anything went wrong at all, and mrs. sullivan seemed to like me a lot. she even (jokingly) put me in charge of leading the group when we were beginning our tour! georgetown was my number one school for many reasons, but most importantly because i went to a jesuit high school and truly loved their teaching philosophy of cura personalis. i expressed all of this andi thought that i had made it clear to my interviewer, dr. lane, that i was really excited about georgetown and how much i loved it. i even sent thank-you cards!...well, i guess they weren't as excited about me! oh well, i guess the only thing i can do now is bite the bullet and move on.

Did you ever get a response for the thank you card?

I sent both my interview and Mrs. Sullivan thank you emails but they didn't even get back to me. :thumbdown:

um . . . how do you respond to a thank you note? Isn't a little ridiculous to thank someone for a thank you note? Its gotta stop somewhere.

um . . . how do you respond to a thank you note? Isn't a little ridiculous to thank someone for a thank you note? Its gotta stop somewhere.

All the other thank you note I wrote I got replies. Nothing major, just something like "We appreciate your interest in our school." I don't think it's that ridiculous.:rolleyes:

Thats horrible soccerguy, seeing that you regard Gtown so highly and thats what they are supposed to try to gauge at the interview! Looks like they did a sh*tty job. You should call and try to find out what went wrong. Good luck with the rest of your interviews, Im sure you will get in somewhere!

Tuesday good luck bump. hopefully more of us will get news today!

Got the 'ol waitlistaroo. Looks like I'm one of many... :rolleyes:

I looked at the thread for last year and it looks like Gtown had probably the fewest acceptances of any school rolling into Feb. So i think it is true that they waitlist just about everyone.