Georgetown?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruggerboy123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does Georgetown notify you of a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully we can both get good news there. Do you like Georgetown better than Tulane or VCU?

They apparently will snail mail you. I called yesterday and they said my decision would be sent late this week or early next week.

They will not tell you over the phone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 9/17 and they havn't made a decision for me yet either. However, there are already people who interviewed before then that are accepted.

i interviewed 9-14 and havent heard anything yet. how do you know others have been accepted? i didnt see it on the accepted thread.

A friend of mine got it in the mail today. She interviewed on 9/11. Maybe interviewing on that day is good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 9/12, no news yet... Is the only news of acceptances or are they wait listing and rejecting. Also is it only by snail mail? Thanks...

Interviewed 9/12, no news yet... Is the only news of acceptances or are they wait listing and rejecting. Also is it only by snail mail? Thanks...

The website says snail mail only. Looking to last year's threads this is what happened.

I interviewed at Gtown on 9/20 and they said that the decision would be mailed this week or next.

How does Georgetown notify you of a decision?

Recently interviewed there. My understanding was they had a comitte meeting about Oct 15th, and will have another at the end of October 2 weeks later. 100 files get passed to 20 reviewers and scored. Fancy math the next day or so ranks the final files and decisions are sent out within 1 week of that meeting. All that attention makes me feel better about the $130 I sent them.

Do the people who interviewed you meet on the admissions committee or do they just submit the form?

Recently interviewed there. My understanding was they had a comitte meeting about Oct 15th, and will have another at the end of October 2 weeks later. 100 files get passed to 20 reviewers and scored. Fancy math the next day or so ranks the final files and decisions are sent out within 1 week of that meeting. All that attention makes me feel better about the $130 I sent them.

Georgetown was my very first interview for the class entering 2006 (my interview was sometime in September). No more than 2-3 weeks afterwards, I received a call from my interviewer, congratulating me on my acceptance. Later that same day, my acceptance arrived in the mail. I do not recall getting an email.

I think that their committee meets monthly (or, at least, they did 2 years ago. Not so sure about now). It was explained to us during our interview that, just because you didn't hear back in 2-3 weeks, didn't mean you were out of the running - they then considered your application again at the next meeting.

You guys should just relax - there's no need to call and hassle the admissions office. Your letters will come when they come. It's still very early in the game. I know that it's difficult, but hang in there and be patient.

I was under the impression that the acceptance committees meet bimonthly.

I just called and they said that decisions have not been made yet for people who interviewed on September 14th (the day I interviewed) and that it would be another couple of weeks before decisions are even made.

This smells fishy.:confused:

I just called and they said that decisions have not been made yet for people who interviewed on September 14th (the day I interviewed) and that it would be another couple of weeks before decisions are even made.

that's strange. i interviewed on the 20th, they looked up my AMCAS #, and then told me next week. hmmm. ..

this is purely anecdotal, but I talked to my friend who is an M1 there. She said that most people in her class got their acceptance in the mail 8 weeks to the day of their interview.

Wasn't that the first week of interviews?? So that means they haven't even made a decision on the very first candidates yet!?

to give you an idea, i interviewed oct 2 last year and heard back around the week before thanksgiving. i think the 8 week estimate is probably about right. and my acceptance came via snail mail...a skinny envelope. :laugh:

G-Town says 8 weeks because it usually takes 8 weeks.

If you have a sweet interview, they might just call you....but it will still take 8 weeks.

Well, I found out today that I will not be attending Georgetown for medical school. Yay, alma mater. :(

waitlisted .. .. .:eek:

it was my 2nd choice, too!!

The woman from Admissions probably told you this when you interviewed, but I got the impression that they accept a significant number of students off the waitlist if you send a letter explaining your specific interest in their program. It seems like a way for them to weed through applicants who aren't totally committed to the school. Since its your second choice, I strongly recommend that you send in that letter to the Office of Admissions. I don't have many posts, but I have been a lurker long enough to have seen that your interests seem to fall in line with their "philosophy", and I feel like expressing that would help you stand out and get the acceptance between now and March. Don't get discouraged yet.

The woman from Admissions probably told you this when you interviewed, but I got the impression that they accept a significant number of students off the waitlist if you send a letter explaining your specific interest in their program. It seems like a way for them to weed through applicants who aren't totally committed to the school. Since its your second choice, I strongly recommend that you send in that letter to the Office of Admissions. I don't have many posts, but I have been a lurker long enough to have seen that your interests seem to fall in line with their "philosophy", and I feel like expressing that would help you stand out and get the acceptance between now and March. Don't get discouraged yet.

yea, i'm planning on writing one, though I don't know what I'll write because I felt that I adequately expressed that interest in my compelling secondary.

well, i guess i'll just have to come up with something better. i'm thinking about doing a 3 paragraph secondary style letter.

waitlisted .. .. .:eek:

it was my 2nd choice, too!!

did you find out through snail mail? i am very annoyed that when i called last week they said it would be a few weeks before they would even look at my application, and i interviewed the week before you, jolie!

What does the competitive applicant pool mean? Can those in this pool find out if they get accepted before May? Is it ranked?

Is everyone waitlisted or some post-interview rejections?