Georgia Health Sciences University Dental School Question...

jnines

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was wondering if there is anyone who might know about Georgia Health Sciences University's Dental School.
Is there anyone that is currently attending there right now that can share their experience and thoughts about the school?
I am going to be an incoming dental student there and was wondering if I can get some opinions about the school
It seems like its a great school to attend to!
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I was wondering if there is anyone who might know about Georgia Health Sciences University's Dental School.
Is there anyone that is currently attending there right now that can share their experience and thoughts about the school?
I am going to be an incoming dental student there and was wondering if I can get some opinions about the school
It seems like its a great school to attend to!
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

I heard the new dental school building is gorgeous. I am interviewing there in october

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, cool that you are applying OOS. Go to their website and watch the "Virtual Tour" online. I haven't seen too many dental schools, but it has got to be on up there based on the epicness of the building.

I heard the new dental school building is gorgeous. I am interviewing there in october
I'm interviewing september 17th!
Can't wait!!!

Does anyone have any info of previous interview experiences at GHSU? :D

Last edited:
The interview wasn't bad last year. Got on the waiting list. Interviewing again this upcoming Sunday and Monday! (Aug 26-27)

I am instate. I have average TS/AA but above average in the PAT. My gpa is average as well, but I do have 200+ observation hours. Nothing spectacular but some good qualities. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Who cares, you did the work, enjoy the interview, obviously they are interested. Maybe 2nd time is the charm for me too but I dont have any favors I can use at GHSU like at the other schools I applied to this year so...I go wherever I can get in.

So anyone else already get a GHSU interview?

I just had my interview at GHSU today and yesterday. It is a beautiful school with really nice faculty. We got to go and assist 4th Year Clinic and interact with patients and the 4th Years and it was an all around fun time. The actual interview depends on who your interviewer is, but most people being interviewed agreed that it is extremely laid back and everyone enjoyed the experience!

I just had my interview at GHSU today and yesterday. It is a beautiful school with really nice faculty. We got to go and assist 4th Year Clinic and interact with patients and the 4th Years and it was an all around fun time. The actual interview depends on who your interviewer is, but most people being interviewed agreed that it is extremely laid back and everyone enjoyed the experience!
Hi UGA 2013! Mind letting us know some of the questions they asked you? I have an interview there in 1 week so I'm trying to prepare

Go to the interview feedback section on SDN.. has everything you need to prepare! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all~
For those that will be interviewing next monday, which hotel are u guys staying at?
Any suggestions?

anyone from out of state get an interview yet?

Sorry for the late responses, but by "casual" for the informal reception, most people wear khakis with a button down.

The interview ends whenever you want it to after 1, but I think it is best to stay as long as you can during Senior Clinic.

And yes, OOS were interviewed as early as the first interview date. Hope this helps!

Hey guys, D1 student here at GHSU. Feel free to ask me specific questions :cool:

Not sure I dazzled them. I spoke about my experience as an assistant and what I enjoyed/hated about it. Best thing is to be truthful and not full of bs.

I was wondering if anyone new of how many pre-december interview sessions there will be?
I did hear that this year GHSU received double the amount of applications from previous cycles and asked for patience as far as acceptance notifications are concerned. But, how many students will be interviewed this year I wonder now that out of states students are in the mix.

way more interviews this year as opposed to past. this is the first year they have accepted AADSAS app's, and 2nd for oos applicants. there are still a number of interview sessions left (not sure of #, sorry).

im a 4th yr. PM me if you have other questions.

Between october 15th and december 3rd, there will be 8 interview sessions. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the information! I am flying home on leave this month and plan on stopping by GHSU.

I interviewed there last year as a first time applicant and didn't get accepted. I'm hoping to hear better news this year. How long did it take for everyone to hear back from them after finishing the supplemental?

Did they give you a reason as to why you didn't get accepted last year? Also are you an in state applicant? I'm just curious because I'm a first time in state applicant, in the military, with average stats. Thanks.

I went and met with Dr. Hanes in April, and she literally said "I can't tell you what to do to improve your application." At the time, I had a 3.4 GPA, 21 AA 22 TS 24 PAT, with some really good EC's and like 300+ hours of shadowing. She said I interviewed well, so that wasn't the problem. I did see that there was 192 people that interviewed and only 80 accepted, so I guess it was a 50/50 for me.

Thank you for the response. I'm sure it will work out for you this time around

I am very excited about my upcoming interview weekend at GHSU! I wondered if I should expect any more information about details of the two days other than what was in the initial email invitation. Also, what do women wear to the informal reception? Any suggestions from those of you who have attended it? Thanks in advance for any advice!

I am very excited about my upcoming interview weekend at GHSU! I wondered if I should expect any more information about details of the two days other than what was in the initial email invitation. Also, what do women wear to the informal reception? Any suggestions from those of you who have attended it? Thanks in advance for any advice!

I asked a girl in my class. she wore a sweater dress with a scarf. You want to look put together, but not that your trying too hard. The student board show up in scrubs and workout wear so its pretty informal. As a male I wore a polo shirt with khaki pants.

For the informal reception, the women wore things like a pair of khaki pants with a presentable shirt. As long as you're not dressing up like you will for the actual interview day, but you're also not wearing jeans then you should be fine. I wore black khaki's and a darker long sleeve button up shirt (I'm a male btw) and I felt horribly overdressed. It lasted about an hour and we just had a big round table Q & A with about 5 students from the adcom.

The next day was really laid back, starting off with some different people talking to us about financial aid, research opportunities, and different student life events. We took a short tour, then did our interviews before we sat down for lunch. The last thing you get to do is go into the clinic and observe/assist a D3 student in the clinic. It was a really nice way to end the day. Just relax, be personable, and have a great time. Best of luck to you!

how did they contact you for the interview invitation?.. i just went on aadsas today and it says "invited for an interview" for GHSU... but I haven't received an e-mail or a phone call yet!!!...

The same thing happened to me today. I got an email at about 430 saying I had been invited the 28th and 29th of October. Anyone else have those days?

The same thing happened to me today. I got an email at about 430 saying I had been invited the 28th and 29th of October. Anyone else have those days?
haha yeah i got the same day!!!..... i am wondering though if I try to change the date to one of the ones in November, if it will hurt my chances any or does it not matter since it is still pre-dec interview?

I've heard different things about whether or not you interview early or late, so I'm not sure what to tell you. If it fits your schedule to go in October then you should go, but if not then reschedule for November. Hopefully I'll see you around.

Anyone else have an interview October 28th and 29th?

Does anyone know how many out of states students are being interviewed in total for this cycle? I know there's only 4 spots for OOS students.

Does anyone know if an early interview (mid September) gives a better chance of getting in?

I was told that they interview about 20 OOS, 200 total interviewed students, and they have about 800 applicants this year, same amount of in-state applicants as usual.

they told me it doesn't matter if you interview earlier or later, but i'm sure that applies to as along as it is pre-dec...i'm OOS and I rescheduled my interview for Nov 11th & 12th...... and only 4 spots open for OOS..? Yikes! lol

I was told that they interview about 20 OOS, 200 total interviewed students, and they have about 800 applicants this year, same amount of in-state applicants as usual.
WOW.. only 20 OOS interviewing??
The day I was there a few weeks back, there were 6 to 7 OOS already....

they told me it doesn't matter if you interview earlier or later, but i'm sure that applies to as along as it is pre-dec...i'm OOS and I rescheduled my interview for Nov 11th & 12th...... and only 4 spots open for OOS..? Yikes! lol

99% positive there are no post-dec interviews

So I still haven't heard anything back from this school and I am In State. I called today and she said that they still have 7 interview dates left and my package still says processing. However, she did say something about 9th batch.

So I still haven't heard anything back from this school and I am In State. I called today and she said that they still have 7 interview dates left and my package still says processing. However, she did say something about 9th batch.

that sounds like promising news. I'm 9th batch too, maybe they're finally getting towards our apps

that sounds like promising news. I'm 9th batch too, maybe they're finally getting towards our apps

I hope so because its almost Nov. and Im getting a little worried but I still have 4 other interviews lined up. However, this is my state school and #1 choice.

Their last interview date is Dec 3 and at the interview they told us that we should expect to know if we were accepted early in January because even thought their deadline for applications is Sep 30, because they started the AADSAS this year, they have to wait 3 extra weeks after the deadline to get all the applications in. So this pushes their response time to early January.

I am wondering if they make the decision on who gets in after everyone has been interviewed, or after each group?

who applied when? when did you hear back from the school?

I sent in my application mid June and got an interview for mid September.