Get your Taser for $300

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you buy a taser to be used for Concealed Carry?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • 2. No

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 3. I don't believe in any weapons for self defense

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 4. I prefer a pistol for self defense

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • 5. Concealed Carry should be illegal in all States

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
does it qualify for 2 day shipping with my amazon prime subscription?

Reactions: 1 users
taser-pulse-firing-features-3.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Forgive my ignorance, but if the taser fails to stop the assailant or assailants for whatever reason (e.g., you miss), do you get another shot? How many shots (chances) do you typically get in a taser to stop an assailant or group of assailants?

It looks like a handgun but is not deadly. I'd be afraid to get shot when I pull that out.

Last edited:
These things are only useful when you are very close to the attacker and you only get one chance!
The likelihood of getting shot while trying to use it is distinctively high, so I suggest a more effective solution like trying to stay out of trouble and away from places and people who would want to attack you for example!

The likelihood of getting shot while trying to use it is distinctively high, so I suggest a more effective solution like trying to stay out of trouble and away from places and people who would want to attack you for example!
That's always the best plan A.

Seems to me most people on this forum are in the habit of having a plan B.

Tasers, pepper spray, etc are more effective than harsh language and I'd sure rather have one of those than nothing. Unfortunately, even transit to places I work makes it legally dicey to carry a handgun, and hazardous to continued employment if it was discovered in the parking lot. I used to carry pepper spray in those places. A taser might be a better choice.

If you get one of those, I recommend filing down the front sight. That way it will hurt less when your attacker shoves it up your ass. Just kidding, carrying one of these beats having nothing. Remember though that sometimes the big boys require a 2nd shot:

Reactions: 1 user
Can't really practice with that like with an actual handgun, can you?

A Bersa .380 costs about $50 less and holds seven shots more than the Taser.

Reactions: 1 user
thats what i was going to say, get the real thing

It helps to be a big dude. Little punk bitches talk a big game about messing with a big mamma jamma, but unless their crew is onboard it's a lot of lip flapping and keep on walking. Even big guys are wary of other big guys. I've stopped a few guys beating on their ladies and one guy beating up an old man back in the day. And that was in Beverly Hills. Lol! I threatened to put his fat ass through the window. No tasers required. He started to give me a ration of hard guy until I got under the light.
Of course I don't work out every day anymore. And I have something to lose. I'm not sure how much I'd do in those same situations now. Make sure they don't look like they'll beat them to death and call 911 as I'm leaving in the LuxoBarge?
I'd probably still stick up for the old man.
Maybe I do need a taser?

--
Il Destriero

Last edited:
It helps to be a big dude. Little punk bitches talk a big game about messing with a big mamma jamma, but unless their crew is onboard it's a lot of lip flapping and keep on walking. Even big guys are wary of other big guys. I've stopped a few guys beating on their ladies and one guy beating up an old man back in the day. And that was in Beverly Hills. Lol! I threatened to put his fat ass through the window. No tasers required. He started to give me a ration of hard guy until I got under the light.
Of course I don't work out every day anymore. And I have something to lose. I'm not sure how much I'd do in those same situations now. Make sure they don't look like they'll beat them to death and call 911 as I'm leaving in the LuxoBarge?
I'd probably still stick up for the old man.
Maybe I do need a taser?

I had exactly this happen to me the other day. I was out walking the dog with my wife and happened on a guy punching his lady, or someone's lady. When he saw me calling the police he stopped and was definitely thinking about attacking me. Luckily he changed his mind and ran off before the police could get there (which took the New Orleans Police Department 2 hours and 55 minutes in this case). I'm a tall guy, but not quite big enough to be intimidating. Ever since then I've been carrying my .380 with me; it's nice to have a little more firepower than my trusty pocketknife or a single shot taser in case that guy remembers me and decides to do something stupid.