Getting an interview before secondary submitted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is it possible to get an interview invite before you fill out the supplemental application?

• Yes

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Maybe So

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PU WEE-U

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone told me they received more than one interview invite before they filled out any secondary applications. He/She said that after filling out the primary app, he/she decided to wait to apply until next year but did not withdraw his/her application. Is this possible? Or is he/she just trying to seem "special"?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's not possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
how? maybe if you're the president's daughter.

Choices:

1) you heard incorrectly.

2) either one of you are misinterpreting the definition of secondary/primary app.

3) they're lying.

You choose.

Reactions: 1 user
Three is the only option. Trust me I went over this in detail many times so 1 and 2 are impossible. It seems crazy to ask, but this is a kinda close friend.... It's weird they would lie about this.

Choices:

1) you heard incorrectly.

2) either one of you are misinterpreting the definition of secondary/primary app.

3) they're lying.

You choose.

Some people do get an auto invites pre secondary. It's usually stats based.

Some people do get an auto invites pre secondary. It's usually stats based.
I've never heard of auto-invites due to stats (though auto-rejections is definitely a thing). Source?

Ah I get it now. I thought Op was saying that his/her friend never filled out their secondary at all. A few schools only send secondaries to those that they wish to interview. But those applicants do have to fill it out at that time.

Yeah, sorry about the confusion. The secondary was filled out eventually. Guess I should have trusted my friend. I let envy get in the way I guess. Not that I wasn't happy for him/her, but just astonished.

Ah I get it now. I thought Op was saying that his/her friend never filled out their secondary at all. A few schools only send secondaries to those that they wish to interview. But those applicants do have to fill it out at that time.

I got an interview invite at Michigan before filling out the secondary. I just had to fill out the secondary by a certain date before the interview.

Reactions: 1 user