Getting back into residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TempestDO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There's not enough information here for us to be able to give you useful advice.

A single adverse patient outcome is not grounds for termination. So it says to me that there's more to the story. A single adverse event might be terminatable if you acted with malicious intent. If that's not the case then the program had more reason to terminate you, and the duration of the events leading to this point is relevant.

Now this matters because how you approach other programs will depends on what the old program is going to be telling the potential new programs about you, and about the events that led to your termination.
We can try to give useful advice, but we need to know more details, otherwise we'll possibly set you on a path that will be ineffectual (or even worse, detrimental) with your specific situation.

I want to congratulate you on being the first person to start one of these threads and then give an honest, concise, relevant answer when asked for more information.

I wish I had some good advice for you but you've taken the first real step you need in being honest about what happened and having a reasonable plan going forward. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user