Getting Bs or Cs in biochemistry jeopardize my change of getting Harvard Dental School???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tlsgPdud

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am majoring in biochem and minoring in music. (double majoring because I am an honors student)
My overall GPA so far is 3.885, science GPA is 8.85 and DAT is 22/23.
I will be having about one year and few months of research experience by the time I apply, and I will submit committee letter.

I really want to go to Harvard dental school, and wanted to ask you guys about the science GPA....
So far my gpa is good, but I am currently taking biochem1 (chem 377) and I think I will end up getting an B- or C this time...
I will also take general biology next semester ( i know.. I haven't taken gen bio yet... ) and our school's gen bio is sort of guaranteed C..

So far, all of my science courses in A range except for one course (orgo1- B+)

If I get C this time, I think they are not going to look at my application......

Did anyone get in Harvard dental school with Cs in science courses??

I am so afraid!! HELP ME :(

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine. I doubt they would care about a C or a B- here or there when your GPA is like 3.8. You're not a robot. Dental schools know classes are tough and its fine to get beat up occasionally. I got a B- in ochem and was so proud of that grade, and no dental school is gonna tell me otherwise.

Reactions: 1 user
Why the hell would you want to go to Harvard dental school anyways? That place is 400K without accrued interest. What is the benefit from going to Harvard dental ? The research? If you do Harvard, you're guaranteed to be doing some form of specializing, which equals more debt (about 200K more i'd say for 2-3 year programs). So basically going to Harvard dental will ensure you 600K debt lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what this guy said above, of course you can get in with a 8.85 GPA. Even if you get a C hows that going to hurt ur overall GPA? Actually with you maybe next year the incoming class GPA at that school might actually be over 4.0. You got this bro

Reactions: 1 users
you are fine.

now move on !

Probably need that minimum of 9.00 sGPA to get into Harvard. Afterall it is the best sounding dental school out there.

Reactions: 6 users
B = Yes
C = No
B- = maybe, depends if the admissions had coffee that morning

Why the hell would you want to go to Harvard dental school anyways? That place is 400K without accrued interest. What is the benefit from going to Harvard dental ? The research? If you do Harvard, you're guaranteed to be doing some form of specializing, which equals more debt (about 200K more i'd say for 2-3 year programs). So basically going to Harvard dental will ensure you 600K debt lol

Bro u mad u don't have a 8.85 gpa?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same boat as you. Biochem is killing me right now. But, I think Harvard only accepts like 30 people a year. So, chances are very low. However, I am still applying to Harvard cause IT IS Harvard. And how do you have a 8.85 science GPA? I'm confused.

You'll be fine. I doubt they would care about a C or a B- here or there when your GPA is like 3.8. You're not a robot. Dental schools know classes are tough and its fine to get beat up occasionally. I got a B- in ochem and was so proud of that grade, and no dental school is gonna tell me otherwise.
thank you for encouraging me :)

I am in the same boat as you. Biochem is killing me right now. But, I think Harvard only accepts like 30 people a year. So, chances are very low. However, I am still applying to Harvard cause IT IS Harvard. And how do you have a 8.85 science GPA? I'm confused.

ugh...yes...
I dont know i have to check but I got all As in all the science courses that i have taken except for the orgo2.(B+)
not sure if it was exactly 3.885.

what this guy said above, of course you can get in with a 8.85 GPA. Even if you get a C hows that going to hurt ur overall GPA? Actually with you maybe next year the incoming class GPA at that school might actually be over 4.0. You got this bro
thank you so much!

get a c and you will be banned from aadsas portal

Actually come to think about it I don't think biochem is your problem. Did you really expect to go to harvard with B+ in orgo?