Getting in to PA School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

healthcarejunkie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not completely sure how this site works yet so I'm sorry if I'm going about this the wrong way but I just wanted to ask what my chances were of getting into PA school. I am currently a Junior at Michigan State University. I am studying Biochemistry and Molecular Biology/Pre-Health Professions. I have a 3.72 GPA with a science GPA of somewhere around a 3.68. I am certified as a nurse aide as well as in phlebotomy. I currently work in a Cardiothoracic ICU as a PCT. I also have minimal experience in cath lab. I will have a little over 500 patient contact hours when I plan to apply in the spring, however I will have well over 1,000 at the point of matriculation, were I accepted into a program. I have shadowed two PA's however have failed to keep in great contact with either of them. I also have around 50 hours of documented community service at a local elementary school. I guess my question is what are my chances and also what can/should I do to bolster my resume? Thanks you all for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds strong to me except for experience. Apply to a school that doesn't require extensive experience.

Reactions: 1 user