Getting into a 0-6 pharmacy program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jenny710

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so I have been thinking about going into pharmacy after learning more about it! The thing is I don't know if I can get in my gpa is 3.52 and I got a 1960 on the Sat (I'm taking it again though). The thing is sophomore year of high school I got very depressed and only ended up getting a C in honors chemistry (bad I know) but I am planning on taking Ap Chem 2 next year (I'm a junior) and I'm planning on studying a lot in advanced during the summer. I volunteer at a hospital every summer and this summer I will try to volunteer at the pharmacy section. I am reporter of Spanish club, secretary in my church group, historian of health occupation students of america(hosa) and a member of interact (a volunteer club), national honors society, and quill and scroll honors society. I also go to a really competitive school so my ranking is only top 26% . Do you think iI have any chance of getting into a 0-6 program? What are your statsand which programs were you accepted to?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, so I have been thinking about going into pharmacy after learning more about it! The thing is I don't know if I can get in my gpa is 3.52 and I got a 1960 on the Sat (I'm taking it again though). The thing is sophomore year of high school I got very depressed and only ended up getting a C in honors chemistry (bad I know) but I am planning on taking Ap Chem 2 next year (I'm a junior) and I'm planning on studying a lot in advanced during the summer. I volunteer at a hospital every summer and this summer I will try to volunteer at the pharmacy section. I am reporter of Spanish club, secretary in my church group, historian of health occupation students of america(hosa) and a member of interact (a volunteer club), national honors society, and quill and scroll honors society. I also go to a really competitive school so my ranking is only top 26% . Do you think iI have any chance of getting into a 0-6 program? What are your statsand which programs were you accepted to?

Your stat sounds good. I think you have very good chance to get in some 0-6 programs. You have mentioned in the other thread that you are interested in US (? I have no idea what school that is) and St. Johns. You still have some time so do some more research to see what other 0-6 programs are out there as I believe there are more. More importantly, you have to see if you can get some kind of guaranteed admission into the professional phase (there are 2 phases: pre-professional and professional) in those 0-6 programs and then compare, select, and apply to the ones that give you the best guaranteed admission (abeit conditional) into the professional phase.

When you do the research for 0-6 programs, it is also better if you call and talk to the admission advisers at each school to find out the details of their programs, what your current chance is, and what you need to do to get accepted. (It is best to get the info right at the source !!) Then after all that, even your chance is slim (I think yours is very good though), just apply because you never know and the worst might be you just losing some money for the applications' fees.

GL !! :)

Last edited:
I used to be in a 0-6 program at University of the Sciences, and I HATED it. Maybe it was the school. You'll definitely in. I had a much lower GPA (3.00/4) than you and around the same SAT score (I took the ACT and got a 30) and I know people with lower stats who got in (roughly 1800 SAT score). It is tough. The classes aren't easy and it is all rushed. If you drop out (not saying that you will) you will have to do many extra classes to catch up. The problem was that the school pretty much kicked people out with the interview. I was one of them. In my opinion, I did not deserve to fail the interview. They gave people two chances. People who are introverts passed. I am an extrovert and I had pharmacy technician experience. They only had seats for 200 and there were 245 people at the end of the fall semester before the professional year. A lot of people were kicked out due to the interview and grades.

BUT that is just that school. I had relatives who went to Rutgers and St. Johns, and there was nothing like this. I wasn't as competitive and difficult. I would really recommend talking to people who go to those schools.