Getting into Pharmacy school with low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kishire

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My GPA's about a 2.5, happened cause I made some really stupid mistakes my freshman and sophomore year(partied a lot, studied zero seconds. :laugh:) I turned it around after and I haven't gotten below a B since then. I recently took the PCAT and scored in the 92nd percentile, so thats pretty good. I volunteer in a pharmacy (about 100 hours or so), but other than that I don't have many EC's(although I do consider myself a leader and I'm hoping I can express this better in interviews should I get one). I'm part of the national honor society of leadership :laugh:

Anyone know of anyone in a similar situation as me that got into pharmacy schools? I'm happy I did well on the PCAT, but I'm worried my GPA and lack of EC's will hold me back

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys,

My GPA's about a 2.5, happened cause I made some really stupid mistakes my freshman and sophomore year(partied a lot, studied zero seconds. :laugh:) I turned it around after and I haven't gotten below a B since then. I recently took the PCAT and scored in the 92nd percentile, so thats pretty good. I volunteer in a pharmacy (about 100 hours or so), but other than that I don't have many EC's(although I do consider myself a leader and I'm hoping I can express this better in interviews should I get one). I'm part of the national honor society of leadership :laugh:

Anyone know of anyone in a similar situation as me that got into pharmacy schools? I'm happy I did well on the PCAT, but I'm worried my GPA and lack of EC's will hold me back

Thanks

Get some ECs and you should be fine with that PCAT score.

Just do some more volunteer work.
Red Cross, Nursing Homes..

That's what I'd recommend anyway.